games that every one hate's but you don't hate.

Oof 12 years ago...

I actually still follow some ex-screwattack members, and they openly admit that their early content was cringe and just absurd opinions which today they openly disavow.

Take PBG for example. Watch his modern Zelda video's where he is admitting the opinions in his early vids was just basically ridiculous and baseless.

And lets not forget (if you really want to bring screwattack into this) that THEY WERE NOT EVEN (or barely even) BORN when SMB2 was released.
Take for example Austin (PBG) - he was born in 1990, and SMB2 was released in 1989.
He was 10 years old in the year 2000...

There really wasn't any legit SMB2 hate back in the day, at least as I personally recall anyway.

Edit: I was thinking of normalboots, not screwattack. Sorry, I'm literally an idiot. lol

Last edited:
Oof 12 years ago...

I actually still follow some ex-screwattack members, and they openly admit that their early content was cringe and just absurd opinions which today they openly disavow.

Take PBG for example. Watch his modern more Zelda video's where he is admitting his opinions in his early vids was just basically ridiculous and baseless.
(So basically clickbait).

There really wasn't any legit SMB2 hate back in the day, at least as I personally recall anyway.

I didnt like their calling wind waker cel shaded crap and I yearend for something that was more research heavy like Jeremy Parish, but I miss screwattack. it was a fun place full of nerds saying whatever they wanted, such a big variety of creators too, so cool to browse through; a big departure from most game sites trying to be all professional and "proper"

Really? Who do you follow craig? james?

I also have nostalgia for Screwattack's content – that was where I watched AVGN and Unforgotten Realms (REMEMBER THAT???), so I naturally cross-pollinated to Stuttering Craig and Handsome Tom's videos – and I thought their lists sucked, too. They called Sonic R the worst game in the series (wrong), called Sonic CD the best (wrong), and infamously once showed an unfinished fan-game in a line-up of official titles (wrong, but humorous). I don't think either of those guys knew as much about video games, especially non-Nintendo ones, as they put on. The only list they did that I actually liked was the sex scenes one, because – well, nevermind.

He was 10 years old in the year 2000...
I was 2, and I love the American SMB2! ;)

I believe many reviewers didn't like Light Crusader on Sega Genesis but to me it was fantastic.

I also have nostalgia for Screwattack's content – that was where I watched AVGN and Unforgotten Realms (REMEMBER THAT???), so I naturally cross-pollinated to Stuttering Craig and Handsome Tom's videos – and I thought their lists sucked, too. They called Sonic R the worst game in the series (wrong), called Sonic CD the best (wrong), and infamously once showed an unfinished fan-game in a line-up of official titles (wrong, but humorous). I don't think either of those guys knew as much about video games, especially non-Nintendo ones, as they put on. The only list they did that I actually liked was the sex scenes one, because – well, nevermind.

I was 2, and I love the American SMB2! ;)

They're right on sonic cd ^^

I always saw it as two dudes just talking about games, even if they're wrong about rockman

Omg, I just realized I mixed up screwattack with normalboots. Sorry! XD haha

I believe many reviewers didn't like Light Crusader on Sega Genesis but to me it was fantastic.
In the genesis heyday I really wanted to try that game, but I never got around to it.

Would you say it's still worth a try today?

I remember screwattack put it on the top 10 worst mario games

Many didnt know its very much still got the mario dna, it was made by some of the same people that made mario bors (the arcade game), and it was based on a concept Miyamoto and Tanabe had for a sequel to smb

Another misconceprtion is that mario 2 jap was left there because it was too hard, no one who worked for nintendo of america at the time ever said this
I played Mario's Game Gallery so much, you don't even know. I started off with the demo of Go Fish and eventually found a boxed copy of the game and got to try the other mini games out. They were all fun, especially chess and checkers! But man me and my family used to quote Mario all the time when playing the Go Fish demo.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS (UNDENIABLE)

What is the best soundtrack of all time? While I'm not well-versed in music theory, here is a...
Read more

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back