FRONTIER GATE Boost + Patch 100% English+ HD textures

This is better than any so call real translator could come up with, idk why people complain.
This kind of entertainment is not easily found.
...Bc the quality of the TL isn't great....
It's passable and, at best, readable.
THAT'S why ppl complain.
And yes, there are actually decent fan TLs out there.

Not saying the patcher did a terrible job, it's just unpolished and unedited and is, in point of fact, a good start.
But, if English is NOT your first or even second language.... then, are you really qualified to judge other ppl for complaining about the quality of an English language patch? Especially one admitted to be done entirely with AI and MTL?

Thank you. And even if you did it by yourself the idea and thought is there. Regardless of how non native japanese you are etc. Half the people wished they had the skill you had. Not knocking on them but you know it is what it is.

Also if you're looking for an editor or anything like that hit me up on discord at mrcatford! While I may not always play a lot of games I'm always looking for people to romhack and finish up other projects!
Ditto.
I don't mind lending a hand if you're open for the help.

There's generally 2 distinct trains of thought regarding Machine translations:

1) "Well, it's machine-translated. I understand it’s not going to be perfect, but at least I can understand more than just Japanese and finally play the game after so many years."
2) "I'm disgusted by this you deserve to die"
I don't understand people who act so abrasively about ai translation, I dont wanna wait until I'm 50 to play my nieche ps2 game 5 non jap people know of, I work and go to university I dont want to delegate what free time I have to learn a fourth language from scratch + alphabet; I'd love to learn it someday but I cant do everything at once

And it's still hard work to mod new text into the game without breaking the ui

I remember really wanting to play this one when I was younger and had a PSP, thanks for posting this. I will give it a shot.

...Bc the quality of the TL isn't great....
It's passable and, at best, readable.
THAT'S why ppl complain.
And yes, there are actually decent fan TLs out there.

Not saying the patcher did a terrible job, it's just unpolished and unedited and is, in point of fact, a good start.
But, if English is NOT your first or even second language.... then, are you really qualified to judge other ppl for complaining about the quality of an English language patch? Especially one admitted to be done entirely with AI and MTL?
How much time are you able to offer to proof-read and fix it? Maybe that would not be enough, then you could pick up the japanese iso and retranslate it.
You have my support! I'll be waiting!

It really doesnt feel right to have the entire translation to either be GTL or MTL via AI. Its at least nice you said its imperfect, I would be willing to help edit the script at least.

Help editing the script is not as easy as it sounds.
Take Shining Hearts, you have around 270 text files for main story, 800 files for dating, 1200 files for sub events, 900 files for events.

All of these have code mixed in with the text you can translate, and there is japanese hardcoded to the system that you can't translate, or you break the game.

What many people think it's easy because of the help with AI still is pretty hard and time-consuming.

If feels right to me that the person doing the translation for FREE optimizes his time as much as he can, as this FAN-translation is made to allow us to get through the game.

The solution to make a better translation is: to learn japanese and work on it. No one ia interested in doing that, i believe.

Yeah but that'd require you to learn some form of coding too. Either way thanks as always. I check periodically here and there but you can always add me on discord via mrcatford.

How much time are you able to offer to proof-read and fix it? Maybe that would not be enough, then you could pick up the japanese iso and retranslate it.
You have my support! I'll be waiting!
Hm, well it would more depend.
My Japanese isn't good enough to retranslate the game from scratch myself, sadly.
As far as proofreading goes, I can set aside a few days a week to work on it, but that would depend on what you send my way, like vie google docs or something and what your patch update schedule looks like.

my first post here, thanks so much for the patch, man, i've been playing it but the upper case and lower case is inverted. Im going to post some screenshots when i find some time

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back