DOOM THREAD

I played SO MUCH FRIGGIN DOOM as a kid.
As a kid I had a pc that was a few generations too old to keep up with what was happening at the time... but I had Doom. And boy-howdy I loved it.

Doom is love, Doom is life
doom 3 GIF

Hey, does anyone here have anything good to say about Doom Eternal? I liked Doom 2016, but I heard the sequel was just more of the same, so I never felt like I needed to play it. Is the console version worth a buy if I can get it on sale?

I tried Brutal Doom for the first time the other week, it was definitely a different experience and looking at it from the perspective of how much work it probably took I can respect it. That being said I still prefer vanilla I think. It had almost too much going on, I just want to circle strafe and shoot my super shotty, you know?

I was taking a look through the new official Doom 1+2 source port Bethesda put out a month or so ago at the WADs people have already ported over (which is what made me try out Brutal Doom) and there's some good stuff on there. Been playing Bastardos, a western WAD that made me miss LucasArt's Outlaws. Highly recommend it.

I just started playing on gzdoom with Project Brutality (staging), Maps of Chaos 4, and Corruption Cards 6. It's an absolute blast and it is hard as nails! Maps of Chaos adds tons of side rooms to most of DOOM and DOOM II's maps. There are also three difficulty levels, with the last one being literally overkill. Corruption Cards adds a deck of over 200 cards; you draw three at the beginning of each level and draw one whose effect persists for the duration of the run (they are mostly negative). It is also highly compatible with most mod loadouts from what I understand.

Besides vanilla DOOM, this is really the only setup I have. I'm interested in hearing about awesome WADs to try!

Last edited:
I don't know how much of an unpopular opinion this is but I think that Doom 64 is one of the best Doom games.
It has a really cool atmosphere, it feels unlike any other game in the series, well maybe except Doom 3.
Of course I am mostly talking about the PC port, I don't think it's too fun to play on console.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back