Are there any games you've always wanted to play but can't because you don't own the only device they run on?

TrepieGroupie#1

Administrator
Staff member
CDR Curator
Ko-Fi Supporter
Reaction score
That was a mouthful!

This damn game is stuck on PS4 c'mon make a PC port already it's been ages! ::mad
81pPujOFS1L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

That new Astro Bot games looks really good, but I dunno if it will ever come to PC. I can't really think of any other games that aren't playable on PC (either natively or via emulation) that I wanna play, but I feel like that will change once the Switch 2 comes out.

astro-bot-HD-scaled.jpg

Mirror%27s_Edge.jpg
In contrast, I do have a PS4, but buggering Mirror's Edge is the one game that's never been ported to it! It's constantly discounted on the Steam store, but my PC isn't strong enough to run it and there's no Mac version, so I'm screwed. The sequel is available on PS4, but it looks dreadful and I want to make sure I'm getting the full story.

The "brooding heroine fighting against evil corporations/governments in a dystopian future" genre is by far my favourite kind of fictional media, and I've been wanting to play this game since I was, like, 14. And yet, I can't. JUST PORT IT ALREADY, EA!!!!

Mirror%27s_Edge.jpg
In contrast, I do have a PS4, but buggering Mirror's Edge is the one game that's never been ported to it! It's constantly discounted on the Steam store, but my PC isn't strong enough to run it and there's no Mac version, so I'm screwed. The sequel is available on PS4, but it looks dreadful and I want to make sure I'm getting the full story.

The "brooding heroine fighting against evil corporations/governments in a dystopian future" genre is by far my favourite kind of fictional media, and I've been wanting to play this game since I was, like, 14. And yet, I can't. JUST PORT IT ALREADY, EA!!!!
It's not on PS4? That's weird. Mirror's Edge is a great game (though I got stuck like 80% through). I always assumed it was one of those games that runs on a potato (ala MGS revengeance), but I guess not.

Does it run on Wine? I know proton is super good for playing Windows games on Linux, but IDK how well it works for Windows to Mac.

1727372291003.png

VirtualBoy Wario Land!
Yes, I'm aware you can emulate it but I don't have the stomach for games in monochrome red or otherwise (literally makes me nauseous).
Thinking about it, from what I've read and seen, most of the first-party VB joints are bangers. But alas, stuck in the red :cry:

Does it run on Wine?
Unfortunately not – and trust me, I know from experience. :cry: It works quite poorly on a dual-booting Macbook Pro, too, and my machine was brand-new when I tried! I blame EA, as I do for most of the problems in my life. If I ever get a Steam Deck (or stop being an idiot and buy a proper PC), it's the first game on my list.

Yes, I'm aware you can emulate it but I don't have the stomach for games in monochrome red
Can you play games in black-and-white, like on a Gameboy? Many of today's Virtual Boy emulators let you choose that colour scheme, instead, and I'd definitely say it's worth it. VB Wario Land is by far my favourite game in the series (WL4 is a very close second), and an extremely fun and unique platformer in general with a really good art style. The ol' Virtual Boy had a lot of great games, and it's such a shame that Nintendo never ported them to the 3DS. If you ever do get the hankering, Mutant Mudds is a very good game that takes a lot of inspiration from VB Wario Land, and is available on a ton of different modern hardware.

Nah, even the old GB stuff gives me a headache. Thank the stars for the GBC and SuperGB, lol!
But yeah, I'm surprised N never 3DS'ed any of the VB games. Brilliant opportunity, IMO.

Nah, even the old GB stuff gives me a headache. Thank the stars for the GBC and SuperGB, lol!
But yeah, I'm surprised N never 3DS'ed any of the VB games. Brilliant opportunity, IMO.
Theres a VB emulator for the 3DS now though, and it works amazingly. Easily the best way ever to play the games, as few in number as they are

Theres a VB emulator for the 3DS now though, and it works amazingly. Easily the best way ever to play the games, as few in number as they are
I feel like I heard about that then totally forgot, but now that you mention it I should try it out. I think Wario Land VB is maybe the only VB game that I'm interested in, but playing it in true 3D would be pretty cool

Yo, my mind is blown. I'll have to look into it. At least to check it out. Thanks!

Mirror%27s_Edge.jpg

Mirrors Edge should run on just about anything at this point. And it is an amazing game. Catalyst is decent, but at the end of the day was a letdown

If your 3ds is already hacked, installation is super easy, like most 3ds hacking is. There is a color changing option.
It is!
Luma is one of the (if not, THE) best experiences I've had with modding/CFW.
It's basically perfect.

It's not on PS4? That's weird. Mirror's Edge is a great game (though I got stuck like 80% through). I always assumed it was one of those games that runs on a potato (ala MGS revengeance), but I guess not.

Does it run on Wine? I know proton is super good for playing Windows games on Linux, but IDK how well it works for Windows to Mac.
It runs on my Steam Deck just fine. Mirror's Edge was ahead of its time. I pre-ordered at Game Crazy way back in the day and loved it so much. Sadly, the sequel isn't all that great.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss, I don't know why but I've always love handheld console games (especially the exclusives)
Uncharted_Golden_Abyss.png

Uncharted: Golden Abyss, I don't know why but I've always love handheld console games (especially the exclusives)
Uncharted_Golden_Abyss.png
I played this when it came out. It's a great Uncharted game, but plays it too safe and doesn't have the big epic set pieces the console versions do. It's still one of the best looking games on the system next to Killzone Mercenary.

I played this when it came out. It's a great Uncharted game, but plays it too safe and doesn't have the big epic set pieces the console versions do. It's still one of the best looking games on the system next to Killzone Mercenary.
You played it? That's awesome
Safe or not, it's still Uncharted though. Do you still have it?

Speaking of, is this game good? I’ve never played any Killzone title, but I’d like to try one and I’ve already got a Vita, so.
Yes, but it's not the standard Killzone affair. The single player campaign isn't story driven. It's a series of missions in a more arcade style fashion, but works really well. The Killzone series is decent. Killzone 2 on PS3 is the best in the series. The first game is really rough. Even the HD remaster for PS3. Killzone 3 is solid, but forgettable, and the same goes for Shadow Fall on PS4. All are worth playing as it's Sony's only answer to Halo despite never reaching those heights. Killzome Liberation for PSP is also worth a shot. It's a 3D isometric game. It was one of the more favored games in the series.

Sony's other shooter series is Resistance which also has highs and lows. I've played all those too.

The single player campaign isn't story driven. It's a series of missions in a more arcade style fashion, but works really well.
Wow, you’ve sold me! Does that mean I don’t have to worry about being lost in any of the series’ plot?
Killzome Liberation for PSP is also worth a shot. It's a 3D isometric game. It was one of the more favored games in the series.
It’s a WHAT??? And I just looked it up, and they even remastered it for PS4! I’m definitely checking these games out — off-brand Halo sounds exactly like what I’m looking for.

Wow, you’ve sold me! Does that mean I don’t have to worry about being lost in any of the series’ plot?

The plot is pretty thin and pretty terrible. It's not nearly as deep as Halo with comics and novels and TV shows. You can jump into any game and it won't matter. Sadly, the characters are terrible too, but you play it for the action. Killzone 2 and 3 hold up really well and look fantastic even by today's standards. They were ahead of their time visually. Liberation wasn't remastered on PS4. It's just the PSP game that's playable on PS4.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS (UNDENIABLE)

What is the best soundtrack of all time? While I'm not well-versed in music theory, here is a...
Read more

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back