N64 What's your favorite Nintendo 64 games?

VampireLord1024

Young Hero
Reaction score
What're some of your favorite Nintendo 64 games that you've played?

Mine would be Banjo-Tooie, ClayFighter 63⅓, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Road Rash 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Blast Corps.

i love Conker's Bad Fur Day. there's a uncensored version of the game on this site has well. i love the mutil player mode with the bot's you can go around has a samurai with a sword to chop people's head's off or the classic chainsaw and other wacky weapon's. worth checking out. but.... stay away from OG xbox i heard it's not that great plus it's mutil player mode is online only... also goemon's great adventure is a good one has well. can' t forget super smash bro's also smash remix is a great rom hack and worth checking out has well. diddy kong racing and perfect dark golden eye 007 are all classic's.

Top 3 for me would be:
  1. Super Smash Bros.
  2. Zelda Ocarina of Time
  3. Super Mario 64
But there are alot more good games I liked back then (and still do today) like
Mario Kart 64, Blast Corps, C&C , F-Zero X, Star Fox 64 😊

I haven't played a great deal of N64 but my vote goes to Majora's Mask cos the atmosphere is so creepy.

i love Conker's Bad Fur Day. there's a uncensored version of the game on this site has well. i love the mutil player mode with the bot's you can go around has a samurai with a sword to chop people's head's off or the classic chainsaw and other wacky weapon's. worth checking out. but.... stay away from OG xbox i heard it's not that great plus it's mutil player mode is online only... also goemon's great adventure is a good one has well. can' t forget super smash bro's also smash remix is a great rom hack and worth checking out has well. diddy kong racing and perfect dark golden eye 007 are all classic's.
I think I saw the uncensored version of Conker's Bad Fur Day on CDRomance, but I haven't tried it out yet. I used to play multiplayer on CBFD as well, mainly the ones with the dinosaurs vs the cavemen, The evil teddy bears vs the squirrels and for sure the heist one. I can look into Smash Bros Remix sometime. I did like Diddy Kong Racing too when I was younger, along with Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue, as I was a big Toy Story fan as a kid. I haven't played Golden Eye 007 in a long time.

Top 3 for me would be:
  1. Super Smash Bros.
  2. Zelda Ocarina of Time
  3. Super Mario 64
But there are alot more good games I liked back then (and still do today) like
Mario Kart 64, Blast Corps, C&C , F-Zero X, Star Fox 64 😊
Did you also play Majora's Mask as well?

I haven't played a great deal of N64 but my vote goes to Majora's Mask cos the atmosphere is so creepy.
It's pretty creepy but I liked it since it was one of my first two Zelda games that I've played and the main three mask transformations were interesting to me.

I mean, it's gotta be Wave Race 64, yeah? :P

That and F-Zero X, but Wave Race for sure.
I haven't played much of those two games, maybe I should.

Wave Race is a must. It still hasn't been bettered by any water racer since.

F-Zero X is pretty fantastic. It's not my favourite series in general, but I dig the game and vibes, and still think it's still one of the best games on the system.
Maybe I can get around to playing those games next month. I mostly played Mario Kart 64, Destruction Derby 64, Road Rash 64 and Mickey's Speedway USA for racing games.

Even if I did own a N64 back in the day, I only owned Super Mario 64, Mario Tennis, South Park Racing and South Park 64 (awful games, imho), and even GoldenEye 64. I remember wanting Perfect Dark for Christmas but my mother thought it looked too violent when she saw that Mature rating. Regardless, that didn't stop me from playing it a friend's house.

Even if I did own a N64 back in the day, I only owned Super Mario 64, Mario Tennis, South Park Racing and South Park 64 (awful games, imho), and even GoldenEye 64. I remember wanting Perfect Dark for Christmas but my mother thought it looked too violent when she saw that Mature rating. Regardless, that didn't stop me from playing it a friend's house.
I remember South Park 64 and South Park Racing. South Park 64 was pretty wacky and South Park Racing was ok. I wasn't much of a fan of the point to point races within the game. I like racing games that just have laps in them.

I remember South Park 64 and South Park Racing. South Park 64 was pretty wacky and South Park Racing was ok. I wasn't much of a fan of the point to point races within the game. I like racing games that just have laps in them.
Yeah, I didn't like them because of that, I guess. SP Racing was just too random for me, and the humor in 64 just felt pretty flat.

That said, if anyone actually loves them for whatever reason-- Go ahead and please enjoy them. I won't convince you otherwise.

Yeah, I didn't like them because of that, I guess. SP Racing was just too random for me, and the humor in 64 just felt pretty flat.

That said, if anyone actually loves them for whatever reason-- Go ahead and please enjoy them. I won't convince you otherwise.
I liked playing the multiplayer part in South Park 64 as I didn't play much of the story mode.

the south park games back in the day were hidden gems but gems that should stay hidden in a heap of dung. but i like em. also chef's love shack is the worse of the dung but it's funny for a few minutes by your self but if you got friends that want to play go ahead then after that put in some mario party to forget about it. also i like mario party's on the N64 and GC. and Mario Party 8 on Wii.

the south park games back in the day were hidden gems but gems that should stay hidden in a heap of dung. but i like em. also chef's love shack is the worse of the dung but it's funny for a few minutes by your self but if you got friends that want to play go ahead then after that put in some mario party to forget about it. also i like mario party's on the N64 and GC. and Mario Party 8 on Wii.
I never played Chef's Love Shack but I played a bit of the Mario Parties on the Nintendo 64. I didn't really get into any of the Mario Party games.

Did you also play Majora's Mask as well?
I only had ocarina of time but my older cousin had Majora's Mask! So I played at his house whenever I had the chance! Its a fantastic game but yeah alot more eerie vibes sometimes.

I only had ocarina of time but my older cousin had Majora's Mask! So I played at his house whenever I had the chance! Its a fantastic game but yeah alot more eerie vibes sometimes.
I didn't own either Nintendo 64 Zelda games since I used to rent them but yes Majora's Mask did have those eerie vibes in a lot of the locations within the game.

i like majora's mask also. i almost beat it when it came out. but i had to print out a 97 page FAQ at my school's Libary and that teacher there was ticked.

i like majora's mask also. i almost beat it when it came out. but i had to print out a 97 page FAQ at my school's Libary and that teacher there was ticked.
I never did beat it on the Nintendo 64, (though I have it on the 3DS but never beat it either). Yeah I bet your teacher was pretty ticked when you printed that many pages.

i had to print out a 97 page FAQ at my school's Libary and that teacher there was ticked.
Man this reminds me of something similiar I did for Suikoden 2 for ps1.
I had a full walkthrough plus all secrets printed out probably 30+ pages hilarious :LOL:

I still haven't played a lot of the heavy hitters of the N64 so I think for me its probably
  1. Diddy Kong Racing
  2. Ocarina of Time
I still want to fully play through the Castlevania N64 games, Mischief Makers and pretty much ALL of the Rare games that came out on the system. I missed out with the N64 as a kid and emulation for it was so janky for a long time, gotta find time to playthrough some of these classic games now.

My personal mindset is that any game can be enjoyed with the right people, especially if it has a bad reputation or a general low score. :]

I still haven't played a lot of the heavy hitters of the N64 so I think for me its probably
  1. Diddy Kong Racing
  2. Ocarina of Time
I still want to fully play through the Castlevania N64 games, Mischief Makers and pretty much ALL of the Rare games that came out on the system. I missed out with the N64 as a kid and emulation for it was so janky for a long time, gotta find time to playthrough some of these classic games now.
I did rent Mischief Makers years ago. I would always forget the title of the game but I remember the green haired girl picking up those creatures and going "shake shake".

Getting ready for the "What's wrong with you?! :mad::sick:🤬" responses but:
Donkey Kong 64
1727813835352.png

I genuinely dig DK64. Game rules. I actually had no idea people hated on it for the longest time. I've read why peeps find it problematic, I can respect that perspective, I just never experienced the same frustrations; they simply don't ring true for me.

Getting ready for the "What's wrong with you?! :mad::sick:🤬" responses but:
Donkey Kong 64
View attachment 509
I genuinely dig DK64. Game rules. I actually had no idea people hated on it for the longest time. I've read why peeps find it problematic, I can respect that perspective, I just never experienced the same frustrations; they simply don't ring true for me.
I have played it as a rental game. I didn't know people hate the game.

AS FOR THE THREAD TOPIC, I have nothing interesting to say because I never had an N64 and very few of the games on it interested me. :cry: By default, I guess Super Mario 64 is my favourite game on the console, because I think the level design is excellent and, unlike all other 3D Mario games, you're just allowed to run around in a big environment for as long as you want with zero gimmicks. I've played all the other 3D Mario games, but I just can't stand over the stupid side bullshit they make you do in each one, and Mario 64 has none of that, so it's very good! The DS version plays beautifully on the 3DS's circle pad, too.

I can also roundly recommend the users of this forum away from Shiren the Wanderer 2, because it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are way less items and abilities than the first game, the enemies are all fat damage-sponges that are endlessly boring to fight, the dungeon variety is nowhere near as diverse as any other Mystery Dungeon title, and the included town-building mechanic is really basic. Torneko: The Last Hope for PS1 is the best Mystery Dungeon game ever (in terms of raw gameplay), and kicks the entire Shiren the Wanderer franchise around the block.

I actually had no idea people hated on it for the longest time.
I'm not really a fan of Rareware in general – their games never really did anything for me – but I remember people ranking DK64 just as highly as they did Banjo-Kazooie for many, many years. It's only in the past decade or so that popular opinions have turned on the game, and I'm still not quite sure why... People say that there are too many collectibles, but, like, aren't all Rareware games like that? (Rare themselves goofed on it in Conker's Bad Fur Day!) If there are any DK64 haters on this forum that can say why they don't like this game specifically, I'm all ears, because I don't like any of Rare's games.

Last edited:

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back