N64 What's your favorite Nintendo 64 games?

@Gorse I know that this won't be any way related to my forum thread topic, (sorry admin), but are there any other Nintendo 64 games that suck that people on this forum should know of?
I haven't really played enough N64 games to say either way, I'm afraid. :cry: If anyone else has any suggestions, please – let your voice be heard!

AS FOR THE THREAD TOPIC, I have nothing interesting to say because I never had an N64 and very few of the games on it interested me. :cry: By default, I guess Super Mario 64 is my favourite game on the console, because I think the level design is excellent and, unlike all other 3D Mario games, you're just allowed to run around in a big environment for as long as you want with zero gimmicks. I've played all the other 3D Mario games, but I just can't stand over the stupid side bullshit they make you do in each one, and Mario 64 has none of that, so it's very good! The DS version plays beautifully on the 3DS's circle pad, too.

I can also roundly recommend the users of this forum away from Shiren the Wanderer 2, because it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are way less items and abilities than the first game, the enemies are all fat damage-sponges that are endlessly boring to fight, the dungeon variety is nowhere near as diverse as any other Mystery Dungeon title, and the included town-building mechanic is really basic. Torneko: The Last Hope for PS1 is the best Mystery Dungeon game ever (in terms of raw gameplay), and kicks the entire Shiren the Wanderer franchise around the block.

I'm not really a fan of Rareware in general – their games never really did anything for me – but I remember people ranking DK64 just as highly as they did Banjo-Kazooie for many, many years. It's only in the past decade or so that popular opinions have turned on the game, and I'm still not quite sure why... People say that there are too many collectibles, but, like, aren't all Rareware games like that? (Rare themselves goofed on it in Conker's Bad Fur Day!) If there are any DK64 haters on this forum that can say why they don't like this game specifically, I'm all ears, because I don't like any of Rare's games.
I hear ya. Would we call that "revisionists review syndrome" on the part of the naysayers, lol? :ROFLMAO:
I've read the "too many collectables" take and I'm right there with "ain't that the point?". Like, that was totally the draw for me, lol.

Tetrisphere
Worms Armageddon
Mario Kart 64
F-Zero X
Yo, Tetrisphere BOPS! 🤘
1727885582144.png

Getting ready for the "What's wrong with you?! :mad::sick:🤬" responses but:
Donkey Kong 64
I have a friend who likes this game and I love the rap so I support this idea. Maybe il make DK64 the next n64 game I try out

I have a lot of love for the N64, it being my first console but there's one game I still keep mine plugged in for that keeps me coming back. A piece of art that fulfills everything I could ever ask of a video game:
MUTHAFUCKIN' SIN AND PUNISHMENT

s&p.jpg

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.