What have you been playing lately?

I must be going through a crazy period at the moment, because for some reason I decided to play all the Resident Evil games (not including the awful spin-offs).

To put that in context, it means mostly playing the best possible versions of the originals followed immediately by the remakes.

So for example, it will go something like this...

RE1: Seamless HD - > Then the remake.
RE 0: HD remake (no point playing the original as far as I can tell - correct me if I'm wrong)
RE2: Seamless HD - > Then the remake.
RE3: Seamless HD -> Then the remake.
RE: Code Veronica: PS3
RE4: Ultimate HD
RE5: Gold
RE6: Gold.
RE7: Gold.
RE8/Village: Gold.

I also need to figure out how "RE:Revelations" fits into this. But you get the idea...

I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. I didn't give it the proper chance when it came out but now I am thoroughly enjoying it after a long day of work. I didn't know you could give meat to the dogs in the stables and they would show you secrets.

View attachment 482
Araiguma Rascal for the Super Famicom!
It's a puzzle game based on a '70s kids' anime that caused a raccoon infestation in Japan (look it up).
View attachment 483
The game revolves around stacking all the matching boxes 3-in-a-row. The graphics are cutesy (reminiscent of Kirby's Dreamland 3 - my all-time favourite) but there isn't much else to this game other than that. The controls can feel a bit awkward and stiff. If you're looking to crush some time or have younger relatives then give this a try.
this game is so cute! i never know if it's difficult or i am bad

what i'm playing recently is, finally, Earthbound! I laugh a lot and love the visuals.

ebbee77545401d085a5c5f5f50188b31.gif

Currently playing Digimon World Redigitze for the PSP and on a emulator currently. Really awesome game so far, this is my Growlmon named "Huevo"
1727950531861.png

I am currently playing the first Galerians (PS1), a title that for some strange reason I found boring and predictable at the time of its release. Now, however, I find it a good game. Further confirmation that I am getting older!🤟🧓🤙

Currently I'm playing Final Fantasy Type-0 on PPSSPP. Pretty cool game, but really hard too. I'm too lazy for grinding but I probaly will need to do anyway.
I've had my eye on that one for a bit.
How "Rated M" is it? Just like mild violence and such or is it "FF: Pulp Fuction"?

Currently I'm playing Final Fantasy Type-0 on PPSSPP. Pretty cool game, but really hard too. I'm too lazy for grinding but I probaly will need to do anyway.
Im a huge fan of Tabata's games but have yet to actually play his passion project that is Type-0. It looks like it has a lot things I'd like but the combat never clicked with me for the few hours I played back when the PSP fan translation FIRST came out. Update us on your thoughts when you beat the game cause I'd like to hear more about it.

Feels like so many english FF fans got turned off from the HD version and never bothered looking into the rest of the game.

I have tried to get into that game like 5 times. I didn't like the weird RTS mode, and it was sometimes difficult to follow what was happening during gameplay because the English subtitles are up on the top right corner. Would you recommend the HD Remaster (idk if you have experience with it?)
I must be going through a crazy period at the moment, because for some reason I decided to play all the Resident Evil games (not including the awful spin-offs).

To put that in context, it means mostly playing the best possible versions of the originals followed immediately by the remakes.

RE 0: HD remake (no point playing the original as far as I can tell - correct me if I'm wrong)

I also need to figure out how "RE:Revelations" fits into this. But you get the idea...
If you play the seamless HD of RE1, you will be missing out on the dualshock version's showstopping soundtrack

Would you recommend the HD Remaster (idk if you have experience with it?)
Sorry, I haven't played it :(. But I'm only playing the PSP version 'cuz I didn't bought the game for my PS4. Probaly it's version is far better. The PSP version is really good tho.

If you play the seamless HD of RE1, you will be missing out on the dualshock version's showstopping soundtrack
I'm almost at the end of it now anyway. I'll be onto the remake soon, and then RE2 seamless HD after that. :)

currently trying to make progress on these games
most of them are a 2nd playthrough
kinda stuck on a few of them XD

PsVita -
GTA VC & SA (ports)
Medievil Resurrection
Sky Force anniversary
Dirt 2

Miyoo Mini -
40 Winks
Colin McRae 2.0
Grand Turismo
Crash 2
G-Darius
Ghost in the Shell (stuck on second level wtf skill issue for real)
Grandia (Best JRPG ever)
MGS
Roll Away AKA Kula World
Syphon Filter (stuck)
Tomba!
FFVI (put like 8 hours into this yesterday, first playthrough & loving it 👌)

PC/BigBox -
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (mod)
Vigilante 8 2nd offence (mod)
Grand Turismo 4 (mod)
Silent hill 2 (mod)
Burnout 3
Dark Cloud 2 (recent discovery)
Dragon Quest 8
FFXII Zodiac Age (stuck)
Psychonauts (the funniest game I've ever played, no wonder its considered a cult classic)

so many games to play and not enough time in the day 😵‍💫

Attachments

• 1728091736131.png
    1728091736131.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 12
this game is so cute! i never know if it's difficult or i am bad

what i'm playing recently is, finally, Earthbound! I laugh a lot and love the visuals.

ebbee77545401d085a5c5f5f50188b31.gif
Earthbound is great! Be sure to play Mother 3 as well. (just make sure Reggie doesn't find out)
The modern equivalent today is UnderTale (+ Deltarune). I think both games defined their era and hold up well today.

Densetsu no Starfy
Is this the version that’s just been released on NSO? How’s the translation? I loved the DS game as a kid and would strongly consider playing a ROM of this if the dialogue turned out OK.

I finally bit the bullet and bought Space Marine 2, so I've been tearing tyranids and chaos marines apart with chainswords and impossibly big combat knives as a true Astartes should. Game's great, the PVP mode is a little bare-bones but the co-op mode is really fun so it makes up for it.

Retro-wise, I'm still going through the licensed Marvel games for my article series which has obviously been an ordeal, and am also playing through the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games for another article I'm working on.

As for things I'm just playing for fun, I've been playing some Resident Evil 2 as it's been awhile since I've gone through it- using the Rebirth mod, took a bit to set up but I'm greatly enjoying it of course. I'm also going through a beat 'em up phase too, been playing a bunch of stuff. I forgot how awesome the GameCube TMNT game was, based on the 2000's cartoon of course.
ninja turtles GIF by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I snatched a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles DE when I fixed my Joycons so I'm having a great time reliving this game.

I think you're missing the clearly amazing Gun Survivor games in there, they're absolute classics and definitely not pure jank and terrible.

And yeah, there's no point really in playing the original 0 compared to the HD remake. It has more costumes than the original if you care about that stuff, and you can still play with the original tank controls so it really has everything the original version has plus more.

If you're going by release order, Revelations would be before 6- chronologically, I think it's before 4? It's always been a little unclear.

I snatched a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles DE when I fixed my Joycons so I'm having a great time reliving this game.
There were parts of that game which really hit the heart stings hard.

I'm sure people who have played that game know what I'm talking about. :cry:

Latest games finished:
* Illbleed [Dreamcast]
* Cannon Spike [Dreamcast]
* Resident Evil Code: Veronica (replaying) [Dreamcast]
* Wild Guns [SNES]
Currently playing games:
* Resident Evil HD Remaster [PC]
* Ashes Hard Reset (Nice Doom II mod) [PC]
* Silent Hill IV (Retroachievements enabled) [PS2]
Next ones I wanna play:
* Alone in the Dark Remake
* SH 2 Remake

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back