What game do you wish you could play again for the first time? And why?

From the top of my head, Gran Turismo 2. I played so much of it I never want to see it again, plus after you figure out the best ways to get money, the game becomes really really easy since you can just buy the best cars and get the best upgrades. Playing it again for the first time would mean I'd get to make new memories with it, and figure out the exploits all over again.

Probably just wouldn't want to go through the endurance races again though, those were painful.

Outer Wilds. Particularly because it's understood to be a game you can really only play once. I still hop in with mods and mess around from time to time, but the absolute magic of the initial, blind playthrough is lost forever.

The World Ends With You, its not even just a story I wanna re-experience but also the gameplay and seeing new pins plus the actual learning curve of the controls. Its just such a unique game that I know nothing will ever be like again.

metal gear solid

game was a huge part of my childhood and watching all those cutscenes fresh again would be awesome
metal gear solid twin snakes for sure. i love the 3rd boss health gain easter egg.
Honestly I'd agree with any MGS game, would love to replay 1-4 for the first time again hell maybe even 5

i wish i could play The Last Guardian for the first time again, because the ilusion of Trico as a real creature was SO strong, that i can't replay that game without feeling like..... its uncanny........ its like i start to see Trico, in the new run, as a "programmed creature" and i can see his patterns, i know what will happen etc, so it bothers me a lot. Its crazy because i'll never access again that Trico i played with and believed as a real creature, but also i can never play again with a "new Trico" because i can never redo the ilusion and care about the new one. And i miss him the same way i miss a pet i've lost or a friend that has gone.

tumblr_ok4hxbsEHG1ukholjo1_r1_540.gif

Last edited:
Dark Souls 3. It was my first experience with a souls-like and I absolutely loved it. I first played it on 2019 and now I've already made NG+7. The real reason is that I became really skilled on the game and now it's very rare for me to have problems fighting a boss or to even call the game "hard". On my first time playing, I used to spend days on one single boss, but nowadays I can beat most of the game's bosses with one or three attempts. I think the thing I most liked on Dark Souls was the fact that the game really makes you get good at it and and makes you learn to overcome and deal with any difficulty along the way.

I don't know if I would appreciate them the same way if I got to play them again "for the first time" now as compared to when I first played them, but MGS3 and MOTHER 3.

This is a lot harder to tell because every game I played so far always have the "I'll never get that feeling again" thing. But maybe as for what introduced me to games, I gotta say the Arcade games and Pokemons. I just love the one where you have to hold a bigass gun for the Arcade machines. And Pokemons? Never have I feel so attached to something in my life, and of course it's a Pokemon games. I can give any and even the weirdest names known to mankind for my Pokemon, and still ended up loving them like they're part of my family.

I play the Gameboy Color versions first, but one that I wanted to experience for the first time again is definitely Nintendo DS versions
the-swarm-arcade-game-820043_1024x1024@2x.jpg

s-l500.jpg

best-ds-pok%C3%A9mon-game-v0-sd8cwx3n6rea1.jpg

The year was 1999, My Grandma brought a copy of "Grandia" back from England for my birthday.
a game i had never seen or heard of (and i used to read ALL the Playstation magazines)
so i assumed it was a random trash EU RPG, especially after playing the legendary Final Fantasy 7

I didn't have a great selection of games back then so any game i had was going to get thrashed.
Started playing Grandia with my little sister and we both got hooked instantly! lmao
eventually both of us beat the game on separate memory cards 😆

for me its all about character progression, exploring dungeons, finding the best items & magic and just destroying monsters but in this case the story also had me captivated and pulled at the old heart strings.. ALMOST made me cry once or twice not gunna lie

the whole adventure is just so good and i would love to experience this one game in particular all over for the first time!
1728097898859.png

Despite the little time I have to devote to farming and more generally to rpgs, I would definitely replay the three Shadow Hearts on PS2. Much more "niche," bloody and "adult" than the various FFs and so on...
Then there are two PS1 pure action titles that I would like to replay: definitely the first two Syphon Filters which I found absolutely fantastic at the time, both from the point of view of plot and implementation and pure fun...

The first time i played King's Field IV i walked straight into the lava pool and thought "this game sucks" but i kept playing to see what the game was really like. Man, i really wish i could walk into that lava pool for the first time again, there is really no game like KFIV, the previous games are good too but IV is one-of-a-kind, nothing can match the atmosphere and the sheer feeling of exploration and discovery when walking into the ancient city for the first time.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS (UNDENIABLE)

What is the best soundtrack of all time? While I'm not well-versed in music theory, here is a...
Read more

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back