Soundtrack Greats

I love love love the Sonic CD soundtrack (JPN!, not USA) and this is my favorite song on it (though all the songs are great except for that title theme)

EDIT:
I forgot about my other favorite OSTs: Ridge Racer Type 4 and Pokemon Battle Revolution!

Last edited:
I love love love the Sonic CD soundtrack (JPN!, not USA) and this is my favorite song on it (though all the songs are great except for that title theme)
You dont like the jap intro? Too bad man I think its great

I'm partial to Sonic Advance 3's OST, 1's is alright but nothing super ambitious; with 3 it feels like they really got the hang of the gba's sound chip

Wings of Kynareth - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion by Jeremy Soule

The entire Oblivion and Skyrim soundtrack are phenomenal. I have a signed copy of the Skyrim soundtrack from Soule. He's a fantastic composer. It's just one of many soundtracks I love. I will post more as thread moves on. I don't want to flood everyone.

You dont like the jap intro? Too bad man I think its great

I'm partial to Sonic Advance 3's OST, 1's is alright but nothing super ambitious; with 3 it feels like they really got the hang of the gba's sound chip
The jpn intro is ok, but the US intro is just way better. Like a 6-7/10 compared to a 9/10.

I played Sonic Advance 2 as a kid, and I really loved the soundtrack in that game (especially this song). I tried sonic advance 3, but I never got very far in it at all

So glad to see the JP/EU Sonic CD soundtrack discussed, because that's my favourite OST ever and I love it so! Below, please find some of the game tunes I've had in my Soundcloud queue as of late. Forever yours, Gorse. 💋

So glad to see the JP/EU Sonic CD soundtrack discussed, because that's my favourite OST ever and I love it so! Below, please find some of the game tunes I've had in my Soundcloud queue as of late. Forever yours, Gorse. 💋

Katamari 👌

I havent tried the vita one, is it good? I quite like the psp one (once you play it on adrenaline with the second stick:p)

I havent tried the vita one, is it good?
It's pretty good, and plays very well on a hacked Vita (or PSTV, which is how I played it ;) )! You've got full twin-stick support from the get-go, and can access all the touch BS by using L2/R2 on a PS4 controller. The gameplay and level selection are about the same level of quality as the PSP game, so it can be cleared pretty quickly, but the soundtrack and visuals are excellent.

Like most other post-PS2 Katamari games, it's short, sweet, and well-worth a pirate, though I wouldn't pay more than $15 for a physical copy. It's also the last original Katamari game they'll probably ever make, so if you like the series, you really do owe this one a play.

It's pretty good, and plays very well on a hacked Vita (or PSTV, which is how I played it ;) )! You've got full twin-stick support from the get-go, and can access all the touch BS by using L2/R2 on a PS4 controller. The gameplay and level selection are about the same level of quality as the PSP game, so it can be cleared pretty quickly, but the soundtrack and visuals are excellent.

Like most other post-PS2 Katamari games, it's short, sweet, and well-worth a pirate, though I wouldn't pay more than $15 for a physical copy. It's also the last original Katamari game they'll probably ever make, so if you like the series, you really do owe this one a play.
You saying that makes me wish I had tried it back when I still had a Vita (RIP). I remember hearing something about it being mostly a compilation of other games, so that's why I stayed away. Maybe it's playable on Vita3k...

I remember hearing something about it being mostly a compilation of other games, so that's why I stayed away.
Some of the stages are indeed recycled – this was right after Katamari Forever on PS3, so I guess they wanted a compilation on handhelds, too – but, honestly, I don't see that as a major downer. They're all from the "newer" console Katamari games, and there are many originals mixed in there, too, so unless you're someone who's played the entire series back-to-front over and over again I wouldn't consider a big issue. (Plus, you can play the old stages with the game's new gimmicks and music, so it's not like it's exactly the same.)

Good point. At the time, I had only played Katamari 1 and a bit of Me and My Katamari. Now I've played all of 1 and 2, but none of the ps3/360 era games.

You saying that makes me wish I had tried it back when I still had a Vita (RIP). I remember hearing something about it being mostly a compilation of other games, so that's why I stayed away. Maybe it's playable on Vita3k...
So is Me&My Katamari, it's a mix of levels from 1 2 and original same goes for the music; having console stages on the go is pretty cool in my book! It's also cool that the handheld entry has more stuff and variety than the original console game

Basically, my favorite video game soundtracks are those of my favorite games. Bad music can easily spoil the atmosphere of a game and therefore the pleasure of playing it. Axelay's Soundtrack is a pure SNES marvel from start to finish, especially levels 2 and 5.

I don't know if Mirror's Edge can be considered a retro game, but time flies and for me it's already another era. The whole soundscape is brilliant, and this music is one of my favorites in any genre.

Last edited:
This one kind of sounds like Ryuichi Sakamoto to me, it's a very haunting track from an otherwise rather forgettable game.
And here's a lovely track from Terranigma.

The entire Little Big Adventure series has excellent music (a tradition which I fully expect to be continued in the remake) but this piano arrangement of the second game's install theme is one of my favourite chill-out tracks ever.

When LBA's main theme kicks in at 2:40, I'm immediately taken back to my childhood, playing the game in a quiet room on a snowy afternoon during winter break. The frosty wind is howling, the world is covered in a sea of ivory crystal, and I still can't move from one screen to the next without running into a wall. Pure bliss.

I don't know if Mirror's Edge can be considered a retro game, but time flies and for me it's already another era. The whole soundscape is brilliant, and this music is one of my favorites in any genre.
Aah..
It's one of the few ps3 era games I really like, yes the atmosphere and music was superb, it's what made me get the console, sadly few games ever went near what mirror's edge made me feel
Well to zoomers it's a retro game and it IS pushing 20 even if to me everything after ps2 is new ::drink

The FM Towns version of Wizardry V: Heart of the Maelstrom

This one kind of sounds like Ryuichi Sakamoto to me, it's a very haunting track from an otherwise rather forgettable game.
And here's a lovely track from Terranigma.

Speaking of haunting tracks from forgettable games

Speaking of haunting tracks from forgettable games

Oh this one is totally nuts, the composer didn't have to go this hard for a Barbie game of all things but i'm glad they did.

Oh this one is totally nuts, the composer didn't have to go this hard for a Barbie game of all things but i'm glad they did.
"screw it, I'm gonna make rpgmaker moody stuff, no one's gonna notice"

But if you want HAUNTING
I can't put my finger on why, but this track fills me with DREAD

"screw it, I'm gonna make rpgmaker moody stuff, no one's gonna notice"

But if you want HAUNTING
I can't put my finger on why, but this track fills me with DREAD
I used to get quite scared by this game back in the day, it still unnerves me a bit. Yume 2kki is even more unsettling, even if neither of them are horror games.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back