games that every one hate's but you don't hate.

DJPlace

New Challenger
Reaction score
i like nightmare on elm street. but i do love the Angry Video Game Nerd Spoof On It. it's the first 4 player co-op game on NES a game that break's friendship's if you don't know how to play.

also.

zT9F60S.jpg

Ive seen people crapping all over Tarzan on the ps1, but it's a nice game! Looks good, sounds nice, it's not Klonoa but it's a good enough simple platformer to breeze through

Chaos Legion on ps2 is also good I dont know whats up with youtubers trashing it; the only problem is that capcom USA screwed up the difficulty so jap hard is normal, making the game super grindy for no good reason
As long as you pick easy first it's a nice mosuo-style game with a very unique puppet mechanic and nice music and atmosphere

The same goes for Nanobreaker, yeah it's no devil may cry but it's still good in its own right and it's very technically advanced

Fire Emblem Fates does have a crummy story and terrible translation but once you install fan english patches + undub it's got pretty fun mechanics, its got a ton of variety and it's fun to mod and mess around with cheats, lots of unique maps, very well animated, good music, good dlc maps..
You can do a lot worst

Sonic CD is amazing if you dont play it like sonic 2 and play it like a 2d exploration game

Last edited:
Ive seen people crapping all over Tarzan on the ps1, but it's a nice game! Looks good, sounds nice, it's not Klonoa but it's a good enough simple platformer to breeze through

Chaos Legion on ps2 is also good I dont know whats up with youtubers trashing it; the only problem is that capcom USA screwed up the difficulty so jap hard is normal, making the game uper grindy for no good reason
As long as you pick easy first it's a nice mosuo-style game with a very unique puppet mechanic and nice music and atmosphere

The same goes for Nanobreaker, yeah it's no devil may cry but it's still good in its own right and it's very technically advanced

Fire Emblem Fates does have a crummy story and terrible translation but once you install fan english patches + undub it's got pretty fun mechanics, its got a ton of variety and it's fun to mod and mess around with cheats, lots of unique maps, very well animated, good music, good dlc maps..
You can do a lot worst

Sonic CD is amazing if you dont play it like sonic 2 and play it like a 2d exploration game
don't get me started on FE:F Norh Story. the MC whine's like a little baby and won't shut up about his/her choice of of going hoshindo. i should check out the Fan English patches. i just beat FE:Awaking. i could go on about debate's but i'm not.. also fire embelm Engage is one of not so great FE games i have played in ages.

A few come to mind, like Sonic 3D Blast, a few Valis titles have been entertaining to me as well. I will even admit to having a soft spot for some stinkers like Psycho Fox.

this is a true story i bought sonic 3d blast over shining force on game gear. biggest mistake of my life. since shining force on GG was 15 dollars and Sonic 3D blast was 60
LOL

Chaos Legion on ps2 is also good I dont know whats up with youtubers trashing it; the only problem is that capcom USA screwed up the difficulty so jap hard is normal, making the game uper grindy for no good reason

You can do a lot worst

Chaos Legion is a blast. A game doesn't have to be perfect to be fun. CL is a prime example.

don't get me started on FE:F Norh Story. the MC whine's like a little baby and won't shut up about his/her choice of of going hoshindo. i should check out the Fan English patches. i just beat FE:Awaking. i could go on about debate's but i'm not.. also fire embelm Engage is one of not so great FE games i have played in ages.
You really should check out the fanpatches, they're practically different ganes; Nintendo Treehouse took a ridiculous amount of liberties, which is a shame because I quite liked the voice acting, it's full of VA's I love like Cam Clarke (Liquid Snake)

1727694592005.png

1727694622651.png

In both fates and awakening they change some characters so much they essentially made their own ocs and now international players who only played the eng version (or a translation of it) and japanese players will have different experiences

For example Henry in the original isn't a happy sociopath who makes puns but a neglected child that became a emotionless killer who doesn't know what it's like to feel, Sully isn't as crass, Olivia is way more of a moe

Then awakening has a cut option to make the MC mute and have the others speak for them
Fates cut out all of the ecchi stuff, probably to get a Teen\12+ rating (frustrating cause in europe it wouldnt have impacted sales bc you dont need to show your id when buying a game; or anything really)

I remember in fates In the English Jakob/Rinkah S support, Jakob proposes to her and asks her to join her tribe and learn their ways. The exact opposite of that happens in Japanese.

Theres so many changes big and small it's too much to list here, people have compiled them
For some reason NT really wants to westernize the series despite its western fans having been mostly weaboos until awakening

Last edited:
Fire Emblem Fates does have a crummy story and terrible translation
The English localization of FE: Fates is where the magic of video games died for me. I was a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series beforehand, and Awakening was a fantastic rebirth, but the sheer amount of content outright removed from Fates – not to mention the absolutely atrocious translation you've already posted – made buying the game impossible, and honestly tainted the series for me (I've still never played an entry past Awakening and have zero desire to do so).

Then they did the exact same thing with #FE, which is the game I was really looking forward to, and I never trusted a professional Japanese-to-English translator again. Frankly, AI can't get here soon enough.

The English localization of FE: Fates is where the magic of video games died for me. I was a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series beforehand, and Awakening was a fantastic rebirth, but the sheer amount of content outright removed from Fates – not to mention the absolutely atrocious translation you've already posted – made buying the game impossible, and honestly tainted the series for me (I've still never played an entry past Awakening and have zero desire to do so).

Then they did the exact same thing with #FE, which is the game I was really looking forward to, and I never trusted a professional Japanese-to-English translator again. Frankly, AI can't get here soon enough.
Thankfully fates got a full english patch (depsite how big the script is and how it's 3 games) fairly quickly because fans knew about what kind of international version they were getting before the game even came out, and they were already skeptical after Awakening's
The shadow of valentia remake has a good translation though, the same site that did the eng patches said there was no need to make their own

I'm translating King of the Hill and Ed edd n eddy episodes in italian as there is no way to get ita subs and koth is practically unknown here, the opensubitles.com ai tool is well worth the 3 bucks a month they ask for

It properly translated a lot of stuff that usually gets butchered (figures of speech, certain saying or ways to phrase stuff that doesnt exist in italian) and only occasionally it would spew gibberish or get double meanings wrong

I mostly just had to change 6-7 sentences from scratch across a 22 minute episode and everything else just needed some slight rephrasing to make it flow better or to convey the character's personality more (king of the hill uses a lot of crass or inelegant slang for some of the jokes to work so I used what its equivalent would be); but even if I left it as is 90% of it is perfectly understandable!

can i play these uncensored version of FE:Fates on Citra or am i going have to get a 3DS....

Chaos Legion is a blast. A game doesn't have to be perfect to be fun. CL is a prime example.

Yeah! To some people it's all or nothing smh

Another one that gets a bad rep on the internet:
1727711681498.png

It's good! It's tecnically impressive without to my knowledge using any extra chips on the cartridge, it controls well and you can even buffer jump and bounce around! Its got momentum and full 360 movement and good music, fun with the gamecube controller, I boot the rom once in a while

Yeah! To some people it's all or nothing smh

Another one that gets a bad rep on the internet:
View attachment 454

It's good! It's tecnically impressive without to my knowledge using any extra chips on the cartridge, it controls well and you can even buffer jump and bounce around! Its got momentum and full 360 movement and good music, fun with the gamecube controller, I boot the rom once in a while
3D blast was pretty wild for what it was, yeah. I remember having a good time with it.
A while back one of the dudes who worked on the original went and patched the game to fix and improve some things:

Pretty damn cool, IMO.

3D blast was pretty wild for what it was, yeah. I remember having a good time with it.
A while back one of the dudes who worked on the original went and patched the game to fix and improve some things:

Pretty damn cool, IMO.

Played it! Very cool indeed, I was following the guy's channel for a while, his video on toys story is super fascinating

For me it has to be 7th Saga. I bought it when it came out, beginning of my senior year back in the fall of 1993. Was immensely addicted to it. For some reason, it encapsulated what the fall months have always meant to me...slow, quiet, brown, often times dragging on...but also strangely calming. Yeah cringe, I know, but it really resonated with me. I beat it right before Christmas (When I got Secret of Mana) and it just really hit that RPG junkie inside of me. The one that craves grinding, difficulty, and robots. I still play it every fall with a random hero. I don't do the fan hacked or "balanced" ones, just the regular US rom in all its original imperfect glory.

7 saga was so meh to me it felt like a slow RPG to me. i mean i beat the first boss under leveled.

DmC 2 lol.

Chaos Legion on ps2
I've tried playing this one but I got a little sad that I couldn't combo at the game. I was in the beginning of it so I don't know if I had to progress at the game to be able to make cool combos like in the DMC series or if that really wasn't the game's proposal.

DmC 2 lol.

I've tried playing this one but I got a little sad that I couldn't combo at the game. I was in the beginning of it so I don't know if I had to progress at the game to be able to make cool combos like in the DMC series or if that really wasn't the game's proposal.
Nah you gotta play it like a mosuo game, those games only have like one or two 4 hit combos

Sonic 3D Blast
Donkey Kong 64
Sonic Spinball
Donkey Kong Land
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES and GBA)
Banjo Tooie
Super Mario Bros. 2
Star Fox Adventures

Sonic 3D Blast
Donkey Kong 64
Sonic Spinball
Donkey Kong Land
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES and GBA)
Banjo Tooie
Super Mario Bros. 2
Star Fox Adventures

I think it was only the ppl who grew up in the 8\16bit generation that disliked mario 2 USA, Ive never seen anyone born after 1989 that dislikes it, nintendo certainly does it when its the first one they remake for the gba and mario 3d world took so much from it including the blue toad

If you mean og Mario 2 totally agree, youtubers dont get it's meant for people who have mastered 1 to the point they can breeze through it without dying and do wall jumps, doing a sequel that's an expansion for super nerds was a common practice in japan at the time; plus its super neat how creative they got with the levels while sill using the same very basic tools. And how it gives you a 1 up mushroom trick Right at the beginning instead of patching it

DONKEY KONG LAND IS SO AMBITIOUS, ppl just dont get it
The super tecnologically advances sprites on a dinky machine with a gpu thats based off the zx spectrum's???
And again it likes surprising you with the way the levels are, I cant name another game where the second level is and ice level
Maybe earthworm jim 2

I really enjoyed Mario Bros 2 (US). In fact I don't recall anyone hating it.

I mean, sure, it wasn't a "true" Mario game (beneath the surface), but it was still a really fun platformer. And the fact that it was Mario-fied just made it even better. :)

I really enjoyed Mario Bros 2 (US). In fact I don't recall anyone hating it.

I mean, sure, it wasn't a "true" Mario game (beneath the surface), but it was still a really fun platformer. And the fact that it was Mario-fied just made it even better. :)
I remember screwattack put it on the top 10 worst mario games

Many didnt know its very much still got the mario dna, it was made by some of the same people that made mario bors (the arcade game), and it was based on a concept Miyamoto and Tanabe had for a sequel to smb

Another misconceprtion is that mario 2 jap was left there because it was too hard, no one who worked for nintendo of america at the time ever said this

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back