The first video game you remember playing?

Pitfall on the Atari 2600. i think i was 1-2 years old and i recall that swing sound when you swing from the vines very epic. also when i was 3 years old i think i saw my cousin had a NES and Operation Wolf and renegade. also he had the NES ZAPPER.

I never seen that particular model, looks rad!. My Famiclone (I wasn't aware it was a clone of anything btw) looked exactly like a a FAMICOM except it had detachable joysticks.
Pooyan...lol so good!
I don't think I saw the one with the submarine though what is it?
Hey, sorry for the late reply. The submarine game is called Sqoon. And the other ones are: Pooyan (as you've already mentioned), Twinbee and Circus Charlie; in case anyone wants to know. I actually wrote the name of each game as their filename because I thought it would be more visible, but you have to rest your cursor on the image for a second to see it.

lol, I think I even hovered but it didn't register as a game name, or a word, I thought it was some random characters. ::rofl

For me it was either Pac-Man from the Arcades or Circus Charlie for the NES. I didn't own the former, however, it was bundled in one of those "101 Games-in-1" type of games that, funnily enough, my aunt owned for the NES.

There's some random PS1 games I remember playing like Tomba or Raiden but the first game I actually remember playing through and understanding/enjoy was Crazy Taxi on the dreamcast

My parents had an Atari 2600 so I played that first. If I recall correctly the first game I played on it was Pitfall.
A2600_Pitfall.png

I remember playing that game a ton untill we got a NES in the late 80s.
While I did play quite a few different Atari games this is the one that always pops in my head when I think about the Atari.

Pitfall-cover.jpg

It was my grandparents from my dad's side. I was 2 years old, barely remember it. They also had pacman, which I remember distinctly from the sound effects because almost every sitcom in the 90's that had someone playing a video game used those same sound effects.

We had a "famiclone" too and my first game is either battle city or super Mario Nes
Hell we spent HOURS on smb that we discover every secret ourselves lmao

I have some admittedly vague recollections of myself playing Super Mario 64, but it could have been Killer Instinct or Donkey Kong Country because I remember hearing I had those as a very young child, even if they are slightly before my time (I grew up with 5th gen and 6th gen)

I actually went on a quest to find the first video game I have memory of playing. All I had was a few second clip in my head of a robot walking left and right and shooting a machine gun that aims around in a circle and destroys the environment.

I started delving into all kinds of mecha stuff, all kinds of games and systems (I couldn't remember if it was SNES or Genesis or something else) decades later and succeeded in rediscovering my first game:

CYBERNATOR (aka Assault Suits Valkan)
maxresdefault.jpg

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back