Rockman (Mega Man) ZX & Advent (Nintendo DS)

Geo

New Challenger
Reaction score
zx.png
zxa.png

Undubs for Rockman ZX (Mega Man ZX) & Rockman ZX Advent (Mega Man ZX Advent)

I've made these back in 2017. Maybe someone will still find them useful today. What they basically do is restore the Japanese audio (which, in case of the first game, wasn't even dubbed, but simply cut out altogether) and tweak text and graphics to be consistent with it.

Detailed info, including the credits of all the people who helped, is on GBAtemp: ZX, ZXA.
Pre-patched downloads have been featured on CDRomance since long ago: ZX, ZXA.

What they basically do is restore the Japanese audio (which, in case of the first game, wasn't even dubbed, but simply cut out altogether)
I never understood why so many localized releases did that, Witch's Wish on the DS also did the same thing. Was it to save cartridge space?

Was it to save cartridge space?
Saving cartridge space doesn't make much sense in my opinion. The Japanese audio did fit in just fine after all, and the localized version isn't on some kind of smaller cartridge, the amount of available space is the same. I've always thought they just weren't sure if the game was worth the funds to fully dub it, so they decided not to. And, since a lot of companies seem to think that it's absolutely unacceptable to expose non-Japanese audiences to Japanese things, be it speech or some cultural elements, they have made the genius decision that silence is better than leaving the audio in as it is.

Last edited:

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back