Does Silent Hill have performance issues for you guys as well?

lovesensualitydevotion

New Challenger
Reaction score
Most of the time it runs fine, 30fps for long periods, but everytime any kind of "dynamic lighting" kicks in, the performance goes DOWN, 10-15fps max.

Did this issue occur even in real hardware? I've tested on both DuckStation and Mednafen's RetroArch core, and the problem persisted.

seems to be running fine for me on duckstaion 🤷
and it never had frame rate issues on ps1
also running fine on my handhelds so im not sure sorry man
unless you're trying to play it on a calculator or something? :P

My specs seem totaly fine, and I wasn't even using a single enhancement. Software mode didn't make things any better.

1728868997114.png

Most of the time it runs fine, 30fps for long periods, but everytime any kind of "dynamic lighting" kicks in, the performance goes DOWN, 10-15fps max.

Did this issue occur even in real hardware? I've tested on both DuckStation and Mednafen's RetroArch core, and the problem persisted.
I noticed this issue too in silent hill a while back and just assumed it did the same on the original ps1 hardware

so apparently overclocking the emulated cpu from silent hills specific game settings in duckstation should fix it
but it'll make cut scenes run at double speed

View attachment 1167
This is what I did to solve the issue

I noticed this issue too in silent hill a while back and just assumed it did the same on the original ps1 hardware

This is what I did to solve the issue
well, I guess overclocking is the only way to make it playable. I've made a quick test on my phone, and there were no hitches. still dropping below 30s, but not below 24. now I can finally play it. thanks for your support @Boo Man and @tselinoyarsk

It's notoriously laggy on real hardware too, as you are probably well aware it uses the fog effect to disguise its short rendering distance and glaring pop-ins. As stated above, overclocking is the way to go.

I have noticed some slowdown when playing on ePSXe running off a Samsung phone and a Razer Kishi, but I assumed it was the hardware I was using.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.