Anything New You're Looking Forward To?

Octopus

Novice Adventurer
Writers Guild
Reaction score
This is a retro game focused site, but I'm curious of everyone's stance or opinions on modern games or if there's anything you're looking forward too coming out in the not too distant future.

Personally, I have nothing inherently against modern games or anything considering there's always been bad games in every era. More than anything I'm greatly entertained by seeing the silliness of it all; Fallout 76's launch will always make me laugh just thinking about how bad it was, it was like a comedy punchline you couldn't make it up if you tried.

I'm hoping to get Space Marine 2 at some point but that stuffs expensive here in maple country. Other than that, I am going to be purchasing Dragon Age: The Veilguard but that's partially because of the Stockholm syndrome I have with new BioWare.

Uff I'm a sucker for pew pew online games, specially Battle Royales. Something semi-competitive I can pop in and out of quick. I grew up with RPGs but lately I have no patience for Story Mode...sadly, I have the best memories of "Control" but now revisiting it, and it feels "meh". Too much competitiveness ruined PVE for me. I'm waiting for this now:

Last edited:
Uff I'm a sucker for pew pew online games, specially Battle Royales. Something semi-competitive I can pop in and out of quick. I grew up with RPGs but lately I have no patience for Story Mode...sadly, I have the best memories of "Control" but now revisiting it, it and it feels "meh". Too much competitiveness ruined PVE for me. I'm waiting for this now:

I'm the inverse actually, I used to be more into competitive games but now am more into single player games. I blame my far too long stint of Dota 2 burning me out for PvP, other than Street Fighter 6 which I'm still playing.

Control as in the Remedy game? I always meant to play it but never got around to it.

Ha ha. The only online fighting I did was KOF98 back when GGPO came out....a long time ago, it was insane to be able to play with my friend from the other side of the city like if he was sitting next to me. Fighting games...make me too angry, I don't think the gamepad would survive. I already broke a DS4 in Rocket League...

Yes Remedy's Control, it's fantastic, I admit the story went way over my head but the atmosphere is incredible, if you liked Severance (TV series) or the topics of the SCP foundation website (paranormal phenomena).

Last edited:
I really want to play that Great Circle Indiana Jones game Bethesda's releasing around december, I loved IJ way more than Star Wars and I honest to god used to wish that LucasArts back in the day made more IJ games
would never buy it on anything other than PC because I don't trust bethesda console ports and its timed to a console I don't own 😭

Been kinda turned off by the bleeding edge or releases as of late. But I'm picky, so 🤷‍♂️

Dunno know if it would count as "modern" but I've been holding my breath (for years, now) for a new Ridge Racer entry. Every one of these State of Play or directs I'm hoping... but alas 😭

Been kinda turned off by the bleeding edge or releases as of late. But I'm picky, so 🤷‍♂️

Dunno know if it would count as "modern" but I've been holding my breath (for years, now) for a new Ridge Racer entry. Every one of these State of Play or directs I'm hoping... but alas 😭
Hey, if Golden Axe and Shinobi can randomly have new game announcements who knows, maybe Ridge Racer is just around the corner. It is Bandai Namco were taking about though, seemingly unless it's an anime game they don't seem too interested lately.

I really want to play that Great Circle Indiana Jones game Bethesda's releasing around december, I loved IJ way more than Star Wars and I honest to god used to wish that LucasArts back in the day made more IJ games
There's a few really good IJ point and click adventure games I like made with the SCUMM engine, 'Something of Atlantis' and I think there's a sequel too; I enjoyed them but they're definitely old school point and clicks. Other than that yeah I'm drawing a blank on any other Indiana Jones games.

This is a retro game focused site, but I'm curious of everyone's stance or opinions on modern games or if there's anything you're looking forward too coming out in the not too distant future.

Personally, I have nothing inherently against modern games or anything considering there's always been bad games in every era. More than anything I'm greatly entertained by seeing the silliness of it all; Fallout 76's launch will always make me laugh just thinking about how bad it was, it was like a comedy punchline you couldn't make it up if you tried.

I'm hoping to get Space Marine 2 at some point but that stuffs expensive here in maple country. Other than that, I am going to be purchasing Dragon Age: The Veilguard but that's partially because of the Stockholm syndrome I have with new BioWare.
Are you limiting it to bigger budget stuff? Because if we're including indie games and whatnot, with their own influences, then that's a whole other thing (for me).

October is just around the corner and with it I'm like a crazy fan girl waiting for the upcoming Romancing SaGa 2 remake, Methapor Re:Fantazio and some other RPGs and fighting games like the new Budokai Tenkaichi!!

Looking forward to all the Sega games coming up between now and 2027. Shinobi, Jet Set Radio, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Crazy Taxi, Persona 6, whatever the heck they're doing with Rent a Hero, and of course Sonic. Capcom is already giving me everything I could ask for. Both the Marvel collection and the Fighting Collection 2 have the best Dreamcast games with them. Sqaure broke my heart with the FFVII remakes being so not FFVII, but hopefully the rumored FFIX remake will be good. I'm excited for the Dragon Quest III HD2D game. Can't go wrong with that one. Nintendo for sure is going to surprise us with the Switch 2 lineup.

Control as in the Remedy game? I always meant to play it but never got around to it.
Heads up, steam sale
Screenshot_20240923-231416_Chrome.jpg

Dragon Age: Veilguard is the game i'm most looking out for. I finished 3 runs in DA: Inquisition and got OBSESSED with it

Any news on whats gonna happen to Bayonetta 4 after Kamiya left really
Project giant too, though I guess that's cancelled

No word on either yet, but for at least Bayonetta it was never really confirmed just said to be "an idea in the future" so we'll have to see. I could see them going forward without Kamiya in it it's just a matter of whether they're going to- I'm not sure what Platinum is even doing nowadays.

No word on either yet, but for at least Bayonetta it was never really confirmed just said to be "an idea in the future" so we'll have to see. I could see them going forward without Kamiya in it it's just a matter of whether they're going to- I'm
not sure what Platinum is even doing nowadays.

Hey Hashimoto left capcom, maybe he can join Platinum and continue Another kamiaya action series ::biggrin::biggrin

Man...I dont friggin know what platinum is doing either, I dont get its upper management, it's my favorite studio, they're pretty much the only ones making games like in the ps2 days, but they've made some weeeird decisions like pricing Cereza and the Lost Demon at 60 dollars after saying it was meant to be a game for non action game fans and newcomers to the series..then why isnt it 40?? No one outside of bayonetta fans is going to buy it; I hope it didnt lose them money

I read their blogposts where they said they wanna do more genres, which I welcome, I cant see this approach working out

Kamiya was also making the NEO ARCADE CLASSICS, a great idea, he loves arcade games and so do I buuut he only made one before leaving so who knows if they rest will ever come out
I'm glad he finally got to make his own shoot em up though since he loves the genre and one of his fav games is Gradius

Attachments

• 4F_ALL_EN_Rp6qJBP4.png
    4F_ALL_EN_Rp6qJBP4.png
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 14
No word on either yet, but for at least Bayonetta it was never really confirmed just said to be "an idea in the future" so we'll have to see. I could see them going forward without Kamiya in it it's just a matter of whether they're going to- I'm not sure what Platinum is even doing nowadays.

I get anxious when they go on for too long without any announcement to be honest, they've been quiet for a year right now on the front page of their site theres a 10 dollar minigame that's just a kickstarter reward got eventually released on steam. I know Bayo3 did well but enough to carry them for 2 years? Project Giant was gonna be their next game and now...what are you gonna do man make a blog post or something! State of play went by without any announcement for them they holyday season is approaching what's going on man::smashy

I heard we're getting FFIX remake and tbh that is enough to bring a smile to my face

Connect with us

Latest Threads

THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS (UNDENIABLE)

What is the best soundtrack of all time? While I'm not well-versed in music theory, here is a...
Read more

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back