What have you been playing lately?

Gorse

Young Hero
Reaction score
The rules of this thread are simple: Post what video game you're currently playing, what platform you're playing it on, and what you think of it. Feel free to comment on the choices of your fellow members, too.

I'll begin: I just finished my second playthrough of Castle Quest on Gameboy (and by "Gameboy", I mean the Delta emulator on my iPhone), and had a blast doing so! This game is a really neat combination of chess and War (the card game), and makes a great series of little strategy puzzles whenever you have a few minutes to spare. I've beaten both this version and the original on NES before (the Gameboy one is preferable, as it has more content), but I found out through The Cutting Room Floor that there's actually a secret level I never knew about, so that was justification enough for another go. Highly recommended!

I've also been trying to 1CC the NES version of Castlevania for the past several months, and by golly, is it ever hard! This is the only CV game I've played extensively, and while I like to think I'm getting better at it – I just beat Death without using the holy water, score! – I can't defeat Dracula's first form without losing all my lives. The game is very fun, but I can only do two or three run-throughs a day before I feel my life force being drained out of me – which, being a game about vampires, I suppose is the point.

(Finally – I get to be the one posting this thread topic on a new forum! I'll accept my congratulations in the form of gold or NVIDIA stock. ::banana)

Last edited:
Bouncing between Earthbound and Dragon Quest 2 on the SNES, Hitman 3 on the PS5, and Cave Noire on the Gameboy.

Stuck on a difficulty spike on DQ2 with the Ocean Cave, and don't feel like grinding.
Cave Noire is a lot of fun, but hard. (homemade English patched cartridge on Analogue Pocket)
Trying to get Level 20 mastery on the last few Hitman levels, but not a fan of Berlin, Colorado or Chonqing.

I too have tried Castlevania...on the GBA, not NES though (I don't want to go throught that again)
Also props to you for even trying to beat it, the moment I saw those things jumping and flying on the platform I'm supposed to land at...I would rather quit

I've actually been playing some Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on the TurboGrafx-16 lately. It's just...perfect. Incredibly consistent from beginning to end, well-crafted...and it just quite never stopped being quite the looker. The art style aged marvelously. Hard to believe it's been over 30 years since its release. Love it.

Gran Turismo 4 in pcsx2 with the new mod, It's very enjoyable. Civilization 4 (PC) too but I don't think that counts as I have been playing this damn thing for years. Also some games here and there with MAME. IDK, I just like retro arcade shit. Been playing Thrill Drive and GTI Club there since I got a wheel. Why do I play so many old games? who knows, but I love them ::rolleyes
I've actually been playing some Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on the TurboGrafx-16 lately. It's just...perfect. Incredibly consistent from beginning to end, well-crafted...and it just quite never stopped being quite the looker. The art style aged marvelously. Hard to believe it's been over 30 years since its release. Love it.
yeah back when Konami knew their shit, Rondo of Blood was amazing!

I have been revisiting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. That was the game that got me into MH, and I haven't played it in like 10 years, so I wanted to see how it compared to the newer games and check out swimming again (and if anyone wants to play with me over Citra, DM me)

I've also been checking out UFO 50 (specifically Valbrace, which is super fun but I can tell might be a little too hard for me). That is a game I would super recommend to anyone, especially since it's not expensive at all

Finally, I read an article about the sequel to this game called Grapple Dog, so I checked out the original and it kicks ass! I was surprised by how good it was. It's a fantastic little 2D platformer

I'm about to finish Final Fantasy 5 SFC version (not in Japanese !), I've started Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1.
I've started a lot of other games that I come back to when I have time : Star Wars Dark Forces and Duke Nukem Total Meltdown on PS1, Rainbow 6 and Forsaken 64 on N64, Coded Arms on PSP which I'd never heard of and which is pretty good, and my 2nd playthrough of Doom on GBA which is perhaps my favorite version despite its technical weaknesses.

Hi! I've been playing gravity rush (ps4) and Lisa the painful (steam), both great games I'm still enjoying a lot, but recently came to me monster hunter world, my first time in the series, and i'm giving my time to it when i have it. Reading the original post ive to say i'm slightly (xd) playing super castlevania 4 on the anniversary collection, im not playing it continuously, but enjoying it too! What a bso to have! Too many games, i usually dont play as much at once but i messed up my organization so... ::banana

53b2bd094f133df34d9e0801b1788177d90faf8fef1e1a61b23457e28f1f0706

The Hokkaido Serial Murder Case (Switch), it's surprisingly entertaining. I am nowhere near done with it yet so no spoilers.
It's a faithful remake of a classic Famicom adventure detective title, it also serves as a sequel which I think is really cool, gameplay is exactly what you would expect from a game of that era so if that's not your thing I wouldn't recommend it.
I forgot to mention that it comes with the original FC title as well.

Hi! I've been playing gravity rush (ps4) and Lisa the painful (steam), both great games I'm still enjoying a lot, but recently came to me monster hunter world, my first time in the series, and i'm giving my time to it when i have it. Reading the original post ive to say i'm slightly (xd) playing super castlevania 4 on the anniversary collection, im not playing it continuously, but enjoying it too! What a bso to have! Too many games, i usually dont play as much at once but i messed up my organization so... ::banana
Have fun with MH World! MH is one of my favorite series, but I skipped world when it came out. I just beat the expansion about a week ago (and just started the post-game).

Have fun with MH World! MH is one of my favorite series, but I skipped world when it came out. I just beat the expansion about a week ago (and just started the post-game).
Wow, it seems to have tons of content. I bought the ps4 version with Iceborne and its incredible. I feel like i'm missing content by using mainly one weapon (in spanish is called Glaive, idk in english) but its so fun to use jsjs. I'm starting to use other ones and all, but the game looks very deep in gameplay. I only knew MH through some demos i played when i was a kid, and my reaction was always like "Ok thats fun to play but i dont know whats even happening" but recently my curiosity won the race jsjs. Anyway, have fun with postgame too!

Wow, it seems to have tons of content. I bought the ps4 version with Iceborne and its incredible. I feel like i'm missing content by using mainly one weapon (in spanish is called Glaive, idk in english) but its so fun to use jsjs. I'm starting to use other ones and all, but the game looks very deep in gameplay. I only knew MH through some demos i played when i was a kid, and my reaction was always like "Ok thats fun to play but i dont know whats even happening" but recently my curiosity won the race jsjs. Anyway, have fun with postgame too!
It's the same in English (called Insect Glaive). I think World is a great first game for the series, so you should have a good time with it.

Yesterday I reached 100% completion on armored core 3 portable, so I'm planning to do the same with silent line.

I've also been playing threads of fate. I chose Mint's path for my first time playing and I've enjoyed it so far. The only thing that wasn't fun was having to grind enough magic points to melt some regenerating blocks of ice.

i was going try to badge breath of fire II on retroachvements but it messed it up and i don't want to replay the game for a 3rd time...

1727731411025.png

Araiguma Rascal for the Super Famicom!
It's a puzzle game based on a '70s kids' anime that caused a raccoon infestation in Japan (look it up).
1727731539425.png

The game revolves around stacking all the matching boxes 3-in-a-row. The graphics are cutesy (reminiscent of Kirby's Dreamland 3 - my all-time favourite) but there isn't much else to this game other than that. The controls can feel a bit awkward and stiff. If you're looking to crush some time or have younger relatives then give this a try.

I usually have a few things going and sit with whatever suits my mood:
1727795068205.png

Mega Man Legends 2: First one is a classic. Love it. The second one so far is pretty cool (still early). Love the graphics and the dualshock support. My only gripe so far: Kinda wish they'd shut the hell up and and let me play the game tho, lol. Every 12-feet there's a cutscene and 4 mins of dialog. Let me blast robots, lol!

1727795291040.png

Racing Battle: C1 Grand Prix: This recently got translated and holy crap, it's so f**king rad. Controls are on point, graphics are pretty great, gameplay modes are brilliant. If you're into racing games and haven't played this, jump on it!

1727795488209.png

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair: It's a platformer + Playtonic is made from the old guys at Rareware = It's a Rareware platformer! Thus, it is Platforming perfection.

At the moment, I'm playing The Backrooms 64. It's a romhack of Super Mario 64. I think it's a pretty fun game. As the name suggests, Mario is set in the Backrooms universe and explores the world endlessly. The hack is good because it respects the Backrooms universe.

thebackrooms64.jpg
I hope you enjoy the game!

How do all of those Tron Bonne games fit in with the Mega Man Legends franchise? Can you play them without playing the “main” games?

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back