What games changed you

DunkeyKong

Young Hero
Reaction score
Games to me always have been about having fun and seeking a challenge
But what about games that changed a person's life, perspective, habits, etc.

For me, that game is Silent Hill 2. One that will get stuck in my head (restless dreams she said). This is one of those games that made me confused, sad and confused again until the end. It was so confusing and I was shocked to see what the game is all about (Won't said anything more than that because no spoilers for those who didn't play it yet, but for those who already did...you know what it's all about)

So what did that changed me?
I learned to live a valued life, trying to become a better person and keep trying new things
Thank you Silent Hill
foggy GIF

Silent Hill is a HELL of an experience.
I actually finished the first with my brother! DAMN R*PIST MONKEY THINGEES
but wanted to solo Silent Hill 2 🙄I never finished the game! I was stuck at some puzzle.. I remember listening to radio static then running the other way 😂that is the only value I gained!!!
later Installed the third on a laptop to finish it with my friends at a cafe~ we rotated turns after each boss.
Soo it taught me to appreciate cooperation I guess?

If we're talking about overall impact in terms of storyline and experience, for me it would be playing through the Mass Effect trilogy as they released with the same Shepard. I don't know if anything will come close to that for me. It came at just the right time when I was about 14 and getting into sci Fi and serious storylines, and say what you will about the direction the series took over the last two games but you cannot deny it was definitely an experience.

In terms of me realising what video games could be I'd say Xbox Ninja Gaiden. Obviously I'd played action games before, but that was the first one that made me realize what 'game design' meant and the first one that made me genuinely get gud, and it snowballed from there.

Silent Hill is a HELL of an experience.
I actually finished the first with my brother! DAMN R*PIST MONKEY THINGEES
but wanted to solo Silent Hill 2 🙄I never finished the game! I was stuck at some puzzle.. I remember listening to radio static then running the other way 😂that is the only value I gained!!!
later Installed the third on a laptop to finish it with my friends at a cafe~ we rotated turns after each boss.
Soo it taught me to appreciate cooperation I guess?
Ah yes those puzzle
Also I think it's good to take turns like that, the chemistry must've been good

If we're talking about overall impact in terms of storyline and experience, for me it would be playing through the Mass Effect trilogy as they released with the same Shepard. I don't know if anything will come close to that for me. It came at just the right time when I was about 14 and getting into sci Fi and serious storylines, and say what you will about the direction the series took over the last two games but you cannot deny it was definitely an experience.

In terms of me realising what video games could be I'd say Xbox Ninja Gaiden. Obviously I'd played action games before, but that was the first one that made me realize what 'game design' meant and the first one that made me genuinely get gud, and it snowballed from there.
The mass effect trilogy can't be replaced that's for sure
And damn Xbox Ninja Gaiden? That's that good shi

SEGA Rally Championship.

It absolutely CEMENTED my love for arcade racing games, and taught me that Synesthesia is a thing. It still is the perfect combo of graphics, sound + music and gameplay.

I've not spent the amount of hours I have with any game as I have SEGA Rally over the years (especially the Saturn port), and it still kicks my ass on occasion.

Phenomenal game that literally couldn't have been any more perfect <3

SEGA Rally Championship.

It absolutely CEMENTED my love for arcade racing games, and taught me that Synesthesia is a thing. It still is the perfect combo of graphics, sound + music and gameplay.

I've not spent the amount of hours I have with any game as I have SEGA Rally over the years (especially the Saturn port), and it still kicks my ass on occasion.

Phenomenal game that literally couldn't have been any more perfect <3
Racing games tends to do that
But that game and Daytona USA? Masterpiece

Earthbound, every RPG I have played prior to that was in a fantasy setting and it was so interesting to see something in the modern day, where you could imagine yourself going on that adventure. The story is great and it never gets old. I have played through the game multiple times over the year and it still holds up to this day.

Silent Hill for sure. That game wrecked my mind as a kid and made me have morbid curiosity. Suvival horror is my favorite game genre now because of it.

Earthbound, every RPG I have played prior to that was in a fantasy setting and it was so interesting to see something in the modern day, where you could imagine yourself going on that adventure. The story is great and it never gets old. I have played through the game multiple times over the year and it still holds up to this day.
Especially Mother series, one of a kind

I finished the game, loved it, lended it to a friend, immediately regretted it. XD The game was so good, it made me miss it.
Damn, that's a strong connection with a game

Silent Hill for sure. That game wrecked my mind as a kid and made me have morbid curiosity. Suvival horror is my favorite game genre now because of it.
It's just chaos, even the endings

Final Fantasy XII for the PS2 and the Zodiac Age version for newer platforms. It got me SO obsessed with fantasy and fiction that after finishing the game, I remember just start writing my very own fantasy world with tons of aspects borrowed from Ivalice.

I don't think any other FF game does it for me quite like XII, it's generational, if I knew gamedev I would go out of my way to develop a FFXII clone just so I could experience something similar, I'm THAT obsessed with it.

Final Fantasy XIV. It made me laugh, made me upset, made me angry, and even made me cry in the right moments. To a degree, it also made me find myself in a lot of ways, especially with the right company whom I have made lifelong friends with. ✨

Final Fantasy VI on GBA.
Final Fantasy XIV.✨
Final Fantasy XII for the PS2
So awesome to see Final Fantasy affect so many people here, honestly I feel similar with Final Fantasy 4 on the PSP. It was the first real JRPG I played through and finally got me invested in the genre to the point its basically my favourite genre now, always used to bounce off JRPGs until playing 4 and thought turn based combat was lame.

I think Sonic Adventure is probably the other game that changed me as a whole, its a game I have a huge amount of respect for and Sonic's Theme "It Doesn't Matter" just speaks to me on so many levels, some people find the game goofy but it honestly gets me emotionally whenever I think about it. So glad I owned a dreamcast back then.

To this day I kind of regret that I didn't ask for a Dreamcast back then, seeing that I actually loved going to the Arcade when I was a kid. That said, I still deeply appropriate the consoles I was given (aside from PS3, I only bought it because a friend literally begged me to so he had somebody to play GTA Online with). That said, this is also one of the reasons why I emulate. It's a way to play the games you could never play when you had the chance without sacrificing an arm or a leg just to buy a game or a console.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS (UNDENIABLE)

What is the best soundtrack of all time? While I'm not well-versed in music theory, here is a...
Read more

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back