What do you play retro consoles on?

I recently cleaned out my living room. Got rid of my desk which was falling apart and used a slightly newer desk that nobody else was using. Now I have a dedicated CRT space.

Core Setup:
  • CRT: Sharp CSR20027
  • Stereo Receiver: JVC RX-6020V
  • Speakers: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Console Line-up:
  • MiSTer FPGA - Component
  • Dreamcast - S-Video
  • PlayStation 2 - Component
  • PlayStation 3 - Component
  • Wii - Mustard
Accessories:
  • Brook Zero Pi Fighting Board Arcade Stick - MiSTer, PS3
  • OEM Controllers - Dreamcast, Wii, PS2
Plans
  • Saving up for a pair of Brook Wingman SD converters for Dreamcast now that I have space for my Dreamcast.
  • Also planning to get a pair of Wingman PS2 converters. I sold my Hori HRAP2 several years ago and kinda regret not keeping it until I had converters.

ArWDr1m.jpeg

This is Slap Happy Rhythm Busters for PlayStation 1 in case anybody asks.

Also doing most of my gaming on a 27" CRT setup. Have my Sega Genesis, SNES, and PS2 hooked up to it. My AV splitter has four slots, so I swap the last slot between my Saturn, Dreamcast, N64 or GC.

I just plug them into my Vizio TV ever since my Sharp CRT TV died on me. I have HD cables for my SNES, Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast. It works well enough for now, but I do intend to get a Retrotink at some point.

For retro gaming I most of the time play on either on NSO out of convenience or on my Retroid Pocket 3+ during my commute. If I want to play Gamecube, Wii or Dreamcast I play them on my modern Samsung QLED paired with OSSC for a nice crisp picture with scanlines.

Really looking forward to moving to a new in march. Then I will have enough space to bring out my 14 inch Philips CRT I got laying around. It's nothing great but it's a consumer level set that is probably on par with what I grew up with. Going to be great for PS1 and N64 games.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back