What are your favorite retro gaming YouTube channels?

StMil

Staff member
Reaction score
Despite being an avid retro gamer, I actually don't watch very many retro gaming youtube channels, so hopefully I might get some good recommendations in this thread...

Personally, I usually just watch AVGN (ofc), PeanutButterGamer, and Gamesack.

How about you?

I just got back at Stop skeleton from fighting, he started up in the wake of AVGN as HVGN (happy video game nerd) and has evolved into his own thing over the years. Been at it for like 17 years? I just watched his video on the Symphony of the Night Game.com port that never released.

• Gaming Historian - High quality retro game documentaries, though uploads are scarce.
  • GTV Japan - More high quality documentaries that are Japan-centric.
  • Karl Jobst - Mostly covers cheating scandals in speedrunning, an overwhelming majority of which are retro games.
  • Kosmic - Super Mario Bros. speedrunner that provides interesting, in-depth analyses of classic Mario speedruns, and an overall classic Mario science channel.
  • LGR - PC-centric retro gaming and hardware. Cozy vibes.
  • Summoning Salt - Speedrunning history documentaries, which are overwhelmingly retro.

Though, I am a big Ryan fan. I don't really watch much 'retro gamer' YouTubers. The only one that I'd really recommend is, Happy Console Gamer. Met the dude IRL, he was pretty cool. But who I do watch a lot of are YouTubers that modify/fix retro hardware. I'll give some of my favorites.

Tronicsfix - Older dude who buys faulty stuff on ebay and repairs it.
Joey Does Tech - Older dude who buys faulty stuff on ebay and repairs it.
Luke Morse - Older dude who buys JAPANESE ARCADE PCBs/items are repairs it.

Then there's that English dude who does all the GameBoy stuff, and a few others.

8-Bit Ryan...it probably or definitely won't count because he doesn't focus on Retro games
But I'll just add it because...8-Bit (or because he's my favorite to watch)

I haven't been watching anything lately. Sometimes I watch old Gamespot TV/Extended Play/X-Play episodes that users upload to Youtube.

Another channel I really like I haven't seen mentioned yet is Happy Console Gamer. Old school gamer with a passion for it. His channel has a mix of both retro and newer stuff too.

I really like some French youtubers like DGJX, DRINK WILD SODA, Colik Fantastik who always do excellent reviews especially for third and fourth generation platforms. In addition to in-depth video game knowledge they also possess a lot of humor, which in this day and age doesn't hurt....
Unfortunately, in my country, i.e. Italy, I have not yet found a quality channel.

Sega Lord X, Nitro Rad, Retro Bird, there's a lot of good ones.

metal jesus rock
I swear he's the reason retro games go up in price.

I just got back at Stop skeleton from fighting, he started up in the wake of AVGN as HVGN (happy video game nerd) and has evolved into his own thing over the years. Been at it for like 17 years? I just watched his video on the Symphony of the Night Game.com port that never released.
Yeah he used to play a lot of Capcom stuff specifically.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back