Anime What are your favorite anime series?

Kyyo

New Challenger
Writers Guild
Reaction score
Lately I've been feeling like watching anime more often and I need some new recommendations. I don't like any of the new releases these days.

My all time favorites are Naruto Shippuuden, K-On, Shakugan No Shana, Steins;Gate, Lain, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Durarara and Anohana. This is my MAL by the way if you want to check it out. What about you?

Last edited:
Lain is one of my favourites! I didn't play the PSX game yet, because it got no english translation, but if it interest you, it is in english on its web browser version. I remember the project originally included the game as a relevant piece of the whole experience (like Animatrix is to Matrix for example).

I don't know what i could recommend to you, because despite i love anime, i've watched just a few. I would try Samurai Champloo, maybe. It's from Watanabe, that made Cowboy Bebop, but this time it's about samurais in a feudal japan mixed up with hip hop culture. The episodes flow between some comic absurdism and some really emotional moments. Actually, it has music composed by Nujabes for its original soundtrack, and i dare to say, Samurai Champloo is the responsible for the whole culture of lo-fi hip hop mixed with anime we have nowadays.

This episode covers homofobia in a pretty much sensible way e.g.
If you've watched it or doesn't like this style, in case you haven't watche yet, try my beloved Nana!!!! Cute and super funny (and sometimes a heart breaker!)

I also like K-On! and some other favorites are Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou - My Ordinary Life and several more. I did watch Samurai Champloo in mid 2021 and I liked it.

@Kyyo If you end up liking Samurai Champloo try Rurouni Kenshin, the 1996 version.

Symphogeah
1728474487598.jpeg

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back