What are you currently listening to?

Goodie

New Challenger
Reaction score
WELL! Every forum has one! The illustrious and incredulous WAYCLT Thread!

Some ground rules:

1. Have fun
2. Like comedy, music taste is subjective.
3. Basic post is [artist] - [song name]. If you want to add any other info that's totally cool, but the bare minimum I think should be those two things.

So I'll start, I guess, lol.

Daoko - Self Titled Album - Kaete Ageru

Really chill J-Pop song from '15 this was the first song I heard by Daoko and I was pretty hooked ever since. Well, I take that back my first exposure to her was from Me! Me! Me! her collab with Teddyloid. I always forget about that. But yea, This song and the music video that goes along with it are really great.

My good akg headset broke last month, and then i lost my cheap earbuds..... .. . BUT before this tragedy, i was listening a lot of a local band called Manchester Fluminense, from Rio. Actually, it's from São Gonçalo (also my home city), a city far from Rio's capital but in the same state and known as a "dormitory city", where nobody actually enjoy living or have fun, and nothing grows, everybody's poor and probably will go to neighboring cities if they want a kind of ok work, or to go out at night. We have some aura of abandoned city. And their album talks a lot about that experience, hits me a lot.

Its some sort of shoegaze,

and also something i'd associate with bands like Teen Suicide or Panchiko

Last edited:
Post what you're listening to, and why you were in the mood for it or how it's making you feel.

I've never really sat down with jazzy drum n bass and explored more albums like this, but Diffusion Rooms by Guardian of Dalliance is so chill, I can listen to it all the way through.

Frutiger Aero, Intelligent DnB, Punk/Ska, Synthwave, Chiptune, Video Game OSTs even in covers and remixes, Smooth Jazz, Anime OSTs, Symphonic Metal, City Pop from the 80s with those looping anime gifs, and some AI generated comedy songs. AI should only be used for memes. :)

Post what you're listening to, and why you were in the mood for it or how it's making you feel.
Thread merged, as there was already an existing topic with the same theme. :)

These music threads lag my computer and some won't even load. That's why I posted mine here.

i wasn't listening to this song, but it was playing in my head for the whole day...

black metal with acoustic guitars, a little bit of synth and a samba interlude about mother nature's rage against humans <3

I’ve been listening to a lot of PUFFY (as in Hihi and Amiyumi, respectively) on Apple Music over the past few months. Here are a few of my fave tracks:

I have a lot of nostalgia for these girls! In addition to watching their cartoon as a kid, which I rather enjoyed, my sister also had their sole American album, which collected several of their mainstream, easy-to-digest hits. Ami and Yumi were already irrelevant in the west by the late 2000s, but it’s always a very pleasant surprise to hear them do legitimate anime OPs/EDs from that era, like for Usagi Drop or Hatarake Man. They come across as two very likeable individuals — they always seemed that way in the show’s live-action segments — and it warms my miserable heart to see that they’re still working together into their 50s, with a new song out this month! Nothing is impossible, indeed.

I adore this era of 2000s J-Rock — it’s my favourite kind of Japanese music by far, and it’s such a shame that it totally died out by the year 2010. Here are a few more hits I like from THYME, who did the music for To-Love Ru:

I’ve been trying to find a high-quality download of this chick’s album first 9uality for ages, but to no avail. :mad: I hope pop rock, on either side of the Pacific, comes back some day.

I like all genres of music except maybe jazz, which nonetheless boasts amazing musicians.
When I was younger I really liked 70s rock and punk-rock (such as the Clash, Mark Bolan and the T-Rex, the Ramones, etc...). Right now I listen to a lot of symphonic, chamber and baroque classical music (Bach, Hændel, Corelli, Haydn, Mendelssohn, Schumann, Brahms, Schubert...).

If you don't listen to Angra because you think it is a power metal band, give it a chance! They do a prog rock/metal with an amazing sense of melody, usually good lyrics and withtout overcomplicate technical/compositional aspects

I was killing my saudade of this band today so i wanted to share with you

Ready for some whiny-voiced alt music from the late 2000s? I know I am!

The Academy Is… was one of those bands that could have only existed in a very specific context, in a very specific time period. The best way I can describe them is to say that their music was the kind of thing that 13-year-olds who wanted to be 16-year-olds listened to. They were never cool, per se, but they had a kind of cute feigned-deepness that made them charming — in a retroactive sense, if nothing else. Almost Here is probably their best track, but About a Girl was their most popular, and both are perfect encapsulations of their cultural years (2005 and 2008, respectively).

In contrast, Hit the Lights was a band for 16-year-olds who wanted to be 18-year-olds. They wore baseball caps and weirdly-designed t-shirts, and sang songs about being too cool for high school — but in that sneery, snarky 2000s way. Again, they weren’t actually cool, but their supposedly-carefree lifestyle made them seem like they were. Their only notable album is Skip School, Start Fights, but it’s a very good one for alt-pop-rock fans. I recommend the tracks Breathe In and Drop the Girl.

Finally, you remember Hot Chelle Rae, don’t you? Their one-hit wonder song, Tonight Tonight, was quite popular during the early-2010s party culture! (And, really, 2010 and 2011 were just The 2000s: Part II.) Would you ever believe that their album, fittingly named Whatever, is actually quite good? Neither did… I until I listened to it! The group could actually play a tune when they wanted to, and had some mildly-clever lyrical chops when they weren’t completely up themselves. HCR wasn’t cool, either, but they thought they were — and sometimes, that’s almost enough. Downtown Girl was a song I listened to a lot in university, and I still think it’s an alright track.

Now, don’t look any of these guys up, because they all got OOOOOOLD! Too bad we can’t stay in 2007 forever, eh lads? ::rofl

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back