Saturn Saturn Playlist

Dynamite Deka is a must if you like stuff like Fighting Force.
View attachment 346
The sequel on Dreamcast is good too!
Dynamite Deka 2 (Dynamite Cop).jpg

Shining Force Series
Shining the holy Arc
Albert Chronicles
Dragon Knight 4
doukyusei
kayousei or something i can't remember
yakyuuken
can can bunny series

Bug! - It's a mostly 2D platformer (you use all 4 directins to walk around the areas) with the art in the style similar to Donkey Kong Country (3D looking environments) except maybe not as polished? 6 Worlds in total, 3 stages for each world with the last stage of each being a boss battle. it's also one of those games where you absolutely NEED to stock up on lives because this game doesn't mess around... tough as nails and you might get a Game Over or two before you start to get a hang on how to navigate the stages (lots of moving terrain, forks in the road that have more enemies, etc...)

Dark Legend - It's the US version of Suiko Enbu (jp) and Outlaws Of The Lost Dynasty (eu). A fighting game made by Data East after Karnov's Revenge (a.k.a. Fighters History Dynamite). Think Samurai Showdown meets Street Fighter. You start off with weapons (slow attack speed but huge damage) but you can either lose your weapon or get rid of it manually to fight with your fists (low attack damage, faster attack patterns including combos). Two characters in particular have familiars that can't be removed manually but get weak and dissappear like the rest of the weapons. Special attacks also change depending on if you have a weapon or not. Has some cool mechanics...
  • knocking opponents into walls which you can then attack them from
  • knocking opponents to the ground, making them bounce and then continuing the attack from the air
  • Desperation moves when your health is low
There's an "updated" version thatis japan only, but it's also like a downgrade at the same time? You can play as the boss character and two fighters from Karnov's Revenge, but the vs screens and cutscenes are gone. Also the three brothers have their own stages, but the two Karnov characters don't. it's weird.

I have to throw in another vote for Shining Force III and Shining the Holy Ark. Camelot did a fantastic job with both of these games. I played the original US SF III release, but I'd like to go play the fan translations of Scenarios 2 and 3 now.

Another fun strategy game to check out on the console is Dragon Force.

A good arena fighter I don't think was mentioned yet is Virtual-On: Cyber Troopers.

And I'll also throw in a vote for Galactic Attack/Layer Section, a fun shmup with awesome 2D graphics and a great soundtrack.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back