Saturn Saturn Playlist

Those three are good choices to start with! For a well-rounded Saturn experience, you’ll also be wanting:
  • Baku Baku, an excellent falling-block puzzle game. (If you can’t find the Saturn version, it’s also on Game Gear.)
  • Sonic 3D Blast, which looks and plays best on the Saturn. It has some extremely good special stages, too! The Saturn version of Sonic R is best avoided.
  • Shining Force III, arguably the best game in the series. Only the first disc was available in English for the longest time, but now the full game has been fan-translated.
  • Burning Rangers, a very unique action-adventure game made by Sonic Team that has never been ported or remade. Great music and anime cutscenes, too!
Many Saturn owners also swear by Clockwork Knight 2 and the original Sakura Wars, both exclusives, though I ain’t never played either of ‘em. You might also consider Enemy Zero if you like horror-adventure games, but keep in mind that it’s also available as abandonware on PC.

Thanks for the suggestions; I have not played any of those. I did see the translations of Shining Force and have been meaning to look into them. I have played the original Clockwork Knight back when it first came out, but never played 2.

Yo. Great choice. Do yourself a favor and look into a disc drive replacement or the like. Working Saturns are not long for this world, lol.
But if you have the patience for older games, it's a friggin treasure trove!

Awesome Fighters up the WAZOO!:

Astra Superstars Fighters Megamix​

1727197600600.png
1727197634494.png

Groove on Fight Dark Stakers 3​

1727197722001.png
1727197942121.png

X-Men: Children of the Atom​

1727197990779.png

Attachments

• 1727197825567.png
    1727197825567.png
    880.6 KB · Views: 20
Saturn Bomberman is a ton of fun even in single player mode. Also if you can track it down, get the Japanese port of Fighting Vipers and one of those Action Replay Plus carts. Let yourself lose in the first fight through both rounds and the character select screen will move to a secret character, PEPSIMAN! You can play as Pepsiman!

I do have a Fenrir installed, and recently got a 4MB Ram cart. I have not gone through much in the list of games yet. Want to know where to start.
Depends on what you like. Saturn has a ton of games if you're open to some japanese here and there.
You should check out:
  • Daytona USA
  • Sega Rally
  • Shinobi Legion
  • Alien Trilogy
  • PowerSlave
  • Nocturne in the Moonlight (The expanded SotN)
  • F1 Challenge
  • Panzer Dragoon (all three)
  • Gussun Oyoyo S (It's tetris x lemmings)
  • Iron Man and X-O Manowar (fun for two players)
  • Last Bronx
  • Shinrei Jusatsushi Taroumaru (A really rad action platformer)
  • Sillouette Mirage
  • Sonic R (Yes, its a hoot)
  • Super Tempo
  • The Legend of Oasis
I just kinda listed mine and my friend's games from back when. They're all pretty rad.

I picked up a Saturn earlier this year too!
Decathlete is a very fun game to play from time to time. I've surprisingly enjoyed Tomb Raider too, the darker graphic on the Saturn really suits it. I also love racing games, so besides Sega Rally, Daytona USA and the amazing F1 Challenge, I also had a lot of fun with Sega Touring Cars Championship and Manx TT Superbike, but to really appreciate these you'll need an analog pad (or simply a BlueRetro adapter with a 8BitDo controller with analogue sticks and triggers). STCC was really a surprise for me, after all the negative reviews I read online about it.

Picked up a Saturn earlier this year and would like some suggestions on what to play next. I have been playing Panzer Dragoon, Nights int Dreams and Legend of Oasis.
give the shmups a go thees are the best ones on the saturn
radiant silvergun darius gaiden dodonpachi battle geraga
the port of dodonpachi on saturn a bit crappy
but its still fun play it in tate if you can

I enjoy Parodious series, and I'm not into shoot them ups. Road Rash is nice, even if somewhat flawed.
I'm playing right now Dungeon Master Nexus, weirdly enjoying this slow-paced game.

Battle Garegga!
On a side note when I grabbed the ISO from CDR to put on my Fenrir there was no boss music.
Since it was my first time playing the game I thought that was intentional, although I gotta say it made the boss fight even more tense and was somewhat better than the fight with music playing.

Bulk Slash!
DO NOT PLAY FOR MORE THAN 30-45 MINUTES YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR LEFT THUMB TENDON USING THE SATURN'S D-PAD YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

It's been more than two years and it still hurts.

Radiant Silvergun!
This game looks totally fantastic on a CRT. It really is a treat for the eyes.

Battle Garegga!
On a side note when I grabbed the ISO from CDR to put on my Fenrir there was no boss music.
Since it was my first time playing the game I thought that was intentional, although I gotta say it made the boss fight even more tense and was somewhat better than the fight with music playing.

Bulk Slash!
DO NOT PLAY FOR MORE THAN 30-45 MINUTES YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR LEFT THUMB TENDON USING THE SATURN'S D-PAD YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Radiant Silvergun!
weird saturns dpad its the only dpad that dont hurt my thumb

Battle Garegga!

Bulk Slash!

Radiant Silvergun!
and about garegga iso i beleve its your fenrir work just fine for me

I would check out the Saturn version of Policenauts if you like visual novels (the saturn version is basically the best version of the game)

I would half-heartedly recommend Sakura Wars as well. It's an interesting game, but the plot is pretty generic, and the combat is also pretty generic. Like, if you buy into it, then it's super cool, but if you don't, then it's super mediocre.

Oh, but my favorite game on the console is Sega Rally Championship (get the netlink edition for a better experience). That is a game you can replay over and over again and never get tired of.

I would check out the Saturn version of Policenauts if you like visual novels (the saturn version is basically the best version of the game)

I would half-heartedly recommend Sakura Wars as well. It's an interesting game, but the plot is pretty generic, and the combat is also pretty generic. Like, if you buy into it, then it's super cool, but if you don't, then it's super mediocre.

Oh, but my favorite game on the console is Sega Rally Championship (get the netlink edition for a better experience). That is a game you can replay over and over again and never get tired of.
Good call on the NetLink version!

Shining in the Holy Ark is a really cool dungeon crawler that has tons of Camelot charm, really recommend trying it if you don't care for SRPG gameplay and want a more traditional jrpg.

I also think the Saturn port of The House of the Dead is cool too whether you have a lightgun or not, obviously its preferred to have a lightgun but I played through the game with a controller and it was pretty fun and different experience for a rail shooter. Also will just repeat some games that other people said but I highly reccomend as well, Burning Rangers is a MUST, its a sonic team game after all. And Saturn Policenauts seems to have new stuff added, I only played the playstation version but im sure the Saturn one is great.

Magic Knight Rayearth!!!
(Best to play the un-working Designs version though, if that's a possibility)

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back