Remakes\Enhanced Ports you'd actually want

Lee__Kanker

Young Hero
Reaction score
With so many unecessary remakes because the publisher didnt wanna risk making a new game, remakes that change the unique gameplay to make it more like a the last of us clone, remasters that are practically the same or the same but with unwanted changes or buggy\broken\missing stuff, what are some you actually want and how would you do it?

1727357419982.png

I've been thinking of a few, The Darkness is one of the ps3 games I really liked, I loved the story voice acting and atmosphere and settings; but the combat is pretty weak which is a shame when in theory you have such cool powers.
The darkness 2 improved the combat (but made it worse in other areas) but I hated the story and was disappointed with the new voice for Jackie, especially when it invalidates the ending of the first game

I would really like a remake of the first game that keeps everything the same, brings back the voice cast, but remakes the combat to be more in line with something like the machinegames Wolfenstein Games...which was made up by some of the people who made the darkness 1

1727357559785.png

I love silent hill 4, there's nothing else like it, genius premise, but unfortunately it's unfinished. Missing the ufo ending, bosses other stuff. It's impossible but hey I'd love team silent to try it again (NOT BLOOPER TEAM)

1727357716171.png

Everyone who likes this game knows only half of it was finished, its developers even made an open letter to the now defunct vicarius vision to remake it and finish it. It's never gonna happen but a man can dream, a man can dream...

As for ports\remasters...Metal Gear Solid 4 at 60fps on pc, enough said
Also a pc port of devil may cry 1 and 3 that doesn't suck
And a port of viewtiful joe 1&2 (why isnt it on the switch??)...and god hand..

Last edited:
I feel like the games that I would want remade have already been remade, but not how I would have wanted lol. Pokemon Platinum is the game I would love for them to remake, but unfortunately they already did.

MV5BOGYzM2ZkMjctMjQzYi00YTdhLWEzYzgtNjcwYWVjNThmODBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
MV5BNzVlYTc1NWUtYjVlMC00NDIwLTg5NzYtYTNhMGY5NjcwMmNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl looked so underwhelming I didn't even bother playing them. I remember the day the direct came out with the trailer, and all the rumors were saying Gen 4 was gonna be remade, and then that trailer starts with that shot in the MC's house, and I was like "oh no."

It looks cheap.

It remakes D/P instead of Plat for some reason.

It adds no new additional content (outside of the grand underground).

It was just so disappointing. It's actually worse for it to exist than not, since now that it exists they probably won't give it a proper remake later

As for ports\remasters...Metal Gear Solid 4 at 60fps on pc, enough said

This is super true. I am waiting for MGS Master Collection Vol 2 with bated breath. I own a PS3, and it just sits in the living room not being used, but I never wanna get rid of it in case I ever want to attempt to play MGS 4 past chapter 1 again.

Last edited:
Dragon Quest 4-6 on Switch or PC would be cool...
oh yeah! and now that you mention it a port of dq ix would be really cool too

also wish they would just bring x to the west already! i have played the jp version and its great, but never say never!

i would love a port of soul sacrifice...it is still stuck on vita!

i play my vita regularly but would love it on steam

i agree on god hand too! such a good game
I was just thinking about Soul Sacrifice after the Freedom Wars port got announced. I dipped my toe into Soul Sacrifice Delta, but I never really got into it. I would love to give it another shot if it got an official port. Btw, do you know how that game runs on Vita3k? The only vita games I've been interested in emulated are the Persona dancing games, so IDK how the other games run

oh yeah! and now that you mention it a port of dq ix would be really cool too

also wish they would just bring x to the west already! i have played the jp version and its great, but never say never!

I've never seen anyone who's played DQ X. That's a really interesting game to me. Was it any good?

I was just thinking about Soul Sacrifice after the Freedom Wars port got announced. I dipped my toe into Soul Sacrifice Delta, but I never really got into it. I would love to give it another shot if it got an official port. Btw, do you know how that game runs on Vita3k? The only vita games I've been interested in emulated are the Persona dancing games, so IDK how the other games run

I've never seen anyone who's played DQ X. That's a really interesting game to me. Was it any good?
i have actually never used vita3k lol, i still just have my vita handy when i need to play something so no idea on that one!

but yes, dq x is REALLY good imo! it plays a lot like ffxi if you have ever played that and its really heavy on the cutscenes

lots of vocations (classes) to pick from and race combos too. there is actually an english speaking community that plays on woodus.com

i believe there is an english patch of sorts on pc now, but i played on switch so i just whipped out my phone with google translate when i needed lol

i have actually never used vita3k lol, i still just have my vita handy when i need to play something so no idea on that one!

but yes, dq x is REALLY good imo! it plays a lot like ffxi if you have ever played that and its really heavy on the cutscenes

lots of vocations (classes) to pick from and race combos too. there is actually an english speaking community that plays on woodus.com

i believe there is an english patch of sorts on pc now, but i played on switch so i just whipped out my phone with google translate when i needed lol
I have always been MMO curious but never tried to actually get into one. I think I would probably start with something more accessible like FFXIV. I just think the idea of a DQ MMO is an neat one.

I just googled it, and it looks like SSD is playable on Vita3k (without online, of course). My vita died a couple of years ago (gone but not forgotten), but maybe I will boot the game up to try it out on my Steam Deck. Is the game still fun single-player only?

A SEGA Model 1, 2 & 3 collection. Some of their absolute best stuff lies within those boards. I'd love for them to release those! :)
I was gonna say I'm not counting emulated collections; but if they're actual ports..
Man, you have no idea, I've always adored sega's 3d arcade games and Ive been waiting for some 15 years for them to aknowledge they exist instead o releasing the same 20 megadrive roms again ::unhappy

remember daytona usa's excellent port to the ps3\360? where did it go?

Last edited:
I feel like the games that I would want remade have already been remade, but not how I would have wanted lol. Pokemon Platinum is the game I would love for them to remake, but unfortunately they already did.

MV5BOGYzM2ZkMjctMjQzYi00YTdhLWEzYzgtNjcwYWVjNThmODBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
MV5BNzVlYTc1NWUtYjVlMC00NDIwLTg5NzYtYTNhMGY5NjcwMmNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl looked so underwhelming I didn't even bother playing them. I remember the day the direct came out with the trailer, and all the rumors were saying Gen 4 was gonna be remade, and then that trailer starts with that shot in the MC's house, and I was like "oh no."

It looks cheap.

It remakes D/P instead of Plat for some reason.

It adds no new additional content (outside of the grand underground).

It was just so disappointing. It's actually worse for it to exist than not, since now that it exists they probably won't give it a proper remake later

This is super true. I am waiting for MGS Master Collection Vol 2 with bated breath. I own a PS3, and it just sits in the living room not being used, but I never wanna get rid of it in case I ever want to attempt to play MGS 4 past chapter 1 again.

I know your pain, I was waiting for that damn sinnoh remake since 2015, you know at one point they gave away dialga and palkia toys in mcdonalds happy meals so I was like "is it finally coming??" but no it was just some weird concidence(??)
And then years later they just outsource a cheap redo that adds nothing and looks far worse, I was waiting for Mega Arceus!

And then years later they just outsource a cheap redo that adds nothing and looks far worse
Oh, let's not assume Gamefreak's in-house work would be any better – they did the Ruby/Sapphire remakes on 3DS themselves, and those games sucked, too (including tons of content removed from Emerald). :cry: I think it's more a matter of the current Pokemon team just not being very good at anything.

Oh, let's not assume Gamefreak's in-house work would be any better – they did the Ruby/Sapphire remakes on 3DS themselves, and those games sucked, too (including tons of content removed from Emerald). :cry: I think it's more a matter of the current Pokemon team just not being very good at anything.
To my dismay I can't say you're wrong ::unhappy
The hoenn remakes had SOME stuff I liked at least, like the eon flute, the megas, deoxys being in the game, the look of primordial groudon and kyogre...
But yeah the 3d look is just so NOTHING, it's not terribile but it's not as good as the gamecube games nor the original sprites

The colors are just so desaturated and Dull ::injured
Hoenn's grass is such a lovely shade of green it's forever burned into my mind it just looks so bland in the remake, I dont like Ruby's new look (I know the english name is Brendan but the manga name is way cooler u_u) he just kinda looks generic, the running animation used to look so lively too now it's just nothing special, the reds too...

I have always been MMO curious but never tried to actually get into one. I think I would probably start with something more accessible like FFXIV. I just think the idea of a DQ MMO is an neat one.

I just googled it, and it looks like SSD is playable on Vita3k (without online, of course). My vita died a couple of years ago (gone but not forgotten), but maybe I will boot the game up to try it out on my Steam Deck. Is the game still fun single-player only?
i pretty much only played solo and had a good time with it! if you like games like monster hunter you will like it a lot, lots of grinding for new spells and the like!

To my dismay I can't say you're wrong ::unhappy
The hoenn remakes had SOME stuff I liked at least, like the eon flute, the megas, deoxys being in the game, the look of primordial groudon and kyogre...
But yeah the 3d look is just so NOTHING, it's not terribile but it's not as good as the gamecube games nor the original sprites

The colors are just so desaturated and Dull ::injured
Hoenn's grass is such a lovely shade of green it's forever burned into my mind it just looks so bland in the remake, I dont like Ruby's new look (I know the english name is Brendan but the manga name is way cooler u_u) he just kinda looks generic, the running animation used to look so lively too now it's just nothing special, the reds too...
Game Freak has been whiffing for a very long time now, unfortunately. You could make the argument the best Game Freak game in the last 10-12 years has been Pocket Card Jockey haha

i pretty much only played solo and had a good time with it! if you like games like monster hunter you will like it a lot, lots of grinding for new spells and the like!
Interesting. I think things like the language barrier would make it a little intimidating for a first MMO, but I will keep it on my radar.

Game Freak has been whiffing for a very long time now, unfortunately. You could make the argument the best Game Freak game in the last 10-12 years has been Pocket Card Jockey haha

Interesting. I think things like the language barrier would make it a little intimidating for a first MMO, but I will keep it on my radar.
Was that original rpg they made on the switch as bad as I've heard?

I was gonna say I'm not counting emulated collections; but if they're actual ports..
Man, you have no idea, I've always adored sega's 3d arcade games and Ive been waiting for some 15 years for them to aknowledge they exist instead o releasing the same 20 megadrive roms again ::unhappy

remember daytona usa's excellent port to the ps3\360? where did it go?
I have most of their stuff on the 360 - they released some great ports there, and Daytona is such a GOLD port!

Daytona also emulates basically perfectly with Xenia too! :)

I have most of their stuff on the 360 - they released some great ports there, and Daytona is such a GOLD port!

Daytona also emulates basically perfectly with Xenia too! :)
Spikeout and their other 3d beat em ups man..Id love thouse too

And where's afterburner climax on pc? Its like Outrun 2! A perfect conversion of a superscaler classic to 3d that to some (me) is even better than the original!

Was that original rpg they made on the switch as bad as I've heard?
No, Pocket Card Jockey is like a weird solitaire/horse raising game. I haven't gotten too far into it, but I have only heard good things. The original RPG was Little Town Hero. I never played it, but I only heard bad-mixed things about it (but I think it was the first game of theirs that Toby Fox contributed music for)

Spikeout and their other 3d beat em ups man..Id love thouse too

And where's afterburner climax on pc? Its like Outrun 2! A perfect conversion of a superscaler classic to 3d that to some (me) is even better than the original!
Agreeeeeeeeed! Afterburner Climax is a stone-cold classic. It's amazing on the 360!!!

racing lagoon since the concept was so ridiculously sick that it can be muchly expanded upon, and arguably the only thing lacking from the original was polish

racing lagoon since the concept was so ridiculously sick that it can be muchly expanded upon, and arguably the only thing lacking from the original was polish
That would require squaresoft to finally start doing other genres again

Einhender 2 would be pretty sick..

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.