Hidden Gems !

Futari wa Precure and Futari wa Precure Max Heart on GBA are fun, easy, cute and uh girly, but you can be a manly man and still enjoy it.
The first is a reflexion platformer where you have to alternate between the 2 characters you control to reach the end of each level.
Futari wa Pretty Cure - Arienaai! Yume no Sono wa Daimeikyuu (Japan).002.png
Futari wa Pretty Cure - Arienaai! Yume no Sono wa Daimeikyuu (Japan).003.png
Futari wa Pretty Cure - Arienaai! Yume no Sono wa Daimeikyuu (Japan).004.png

The 2nd is a fast-paced action platformer with some nice sub-games.
Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart - Maji Maji! Fight de IN Janai (Japan).001.png
Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart - Maji Maji! Fight de IN Janai (Japan).007.png
Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart - Maji Maji! Fight de IN Janai (Japan).008.png

The only shortcomings are that the texts are entirely in Japanese - but that doesn't prevent you from progressing - and the music is a little wearying.

Last edited:
Nice! I'll add it to a list i did of games to play randomly drinking with my friends. The graphical style looks like Kendo Rage and Hyper Iria, other two uncommon games that i've seen people mentioning as hidden gems:

tumblr_nd1vdbJDGT1roqda3o1_540.gif
Yljw9sE.gif

Very interesting this one.. is it oficially released when GBA was around the market or is it a homebrew launched after? The mini games looks experimental while the general graphic design is so modern, as in WipEout games.

Well, i'll be a little repetitive now but i mentioned in another thread, about PSP games, another two i played just recently and now i carry in my heart as amazing discoveries: Grand Knights History, and Shadow of Destiny. I'll copy paste what i posted there as a quote, just in case of someone look for hidden gems only on this thread without go in there too:
HYPER IRIA!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
1728069643178.png

Pop'n Twin Bee: Rainbow Bell Adventure
1728069821650.png

Not a shooter, but a 2D platformer with all kinds of crazy weapons and enemies and CO-OP multiplayer!
Tis a hoot.(y)

Hagane
1728069921611.png

This game rules.
It's like if Keita Amemiya designed the art for Shinobi.
No, really, he did the art for this game and it plays like an SNES Shinobi joint. 🤘

Gamera 2000 is a 3D Shooter with a unique gimmick where you can use a kaiju for strong attacks.
1728118181146.jpeg

Goiken Muyou II is a pretty obscure fighting game that is as simple as virtua fighter. the mechanics are not as deep but it's still a very solid 3D fighting game.
1728118323173.jpeg

ZeiramZone-SLPS-00575-Front.jpg

Iria's character design is so good that keeps working really well on differente drawing styles
For real! 🤘
Moriyama looked great in the get-up, too!
1728157746255.png

Also, that game is pretty rad! Kinda a Beat-em-up/Fighting game.

It kind of has a similar visual style to Monument Valley
Yeah, that's true. But Alto is a pure sliding game with no complexity, no need to think, so it's easier for my atrophied brain !
Journey influenced Monument Vally aesthetic and also had great sliding partes. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a reference to Alto's Odyssey's team.

Journey+PS4.gif

ANe1.gif

Wow tons of cool stuff posted here gonna have to try them.
Summon Night Swordcraft Story - Really awesome action rpg on the GBA that has some light dating sim aspects but is mostly centred around dungeon diving and fighting in the tournament to progress the main story. Love the game to death.
1728234486680.jpeg

Bust a Groove - Awesome and unique rhythm game on the PS1, its got a ton of characters and some really cool stories for each of them with their arcade mode endings. Also the music kicks ass 100% reccomend every at least check out the music for this one.
1728234653596.jpeg

Journey influenced Monument Vally aesthetic and also had great sliding partes. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a reference to Alto's Odyssey's team.

Journey+PS4.gif

ANe1.gif
Journey was such a fantastic experience, even if it really doesn't have any replayability.

There is a game called Rocks N Gems on a PS1 demo disc that i consider a hidden gem
its not an official game or anything
i had forgotten about it for years until i found it again here:

View attachment 827
Not sure if you know about this or not, but that is actually a clone of a classic retro game called "Boulder Dash".
There are a ton of Boulder Dash clones across many platforms. It was really a true classic.

As a kid I played Boulder Dash 2 on the C64 quite a bit. It was a really fun game but sooo hard (at least to me as a kid). Getting crushed by rocks was my childhood. 🤣

Not sure if you know about this or not, but that is actually a clone of a classic retro game called "Boulder Dash".
There are a ton of Boulder Dash clones across many platforms. It was really a true classic.

As a kid I played Boulder Dash 2 on the C64 quite a bit. It was a really fun game but sooo hard (at least to me as a kid). Getting crushed by rocks was my childhood. 🤣
oh ok that makes sense, i kinda figured it was a clone or something but had no idea "Boulder Dash" is the original. ill definitely check it out thanks!
and yeah these games are super hard but funny, i laugh every time i die and i die alot on that game XD

my hidden gem would be Disruptor, pretty cool fps from psx
1728473844620.jpeg

1728473783050.jpeg

1728473878111.jpeg

1728473733184.jpeg

Attachments

• 1728473684034.jpeg
    1728473684034.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 1728473823126.jpeg
    1728473823126.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 4
my hidden gem would be Disruptor, pretty cool fps from psx
Really, that's such a great game! Super cheesy cutscenes, and fun gameplay.

I mostly just remember the last level being really hard because tough enemies teleport in to your position in pairs (one in front and one behind).

But that was so long ago... Maybe nowadays I could handle it... I must try!

Really, that's such a great game! Super cheesy cutscenes, and fun gameplay.

I mostly just remember the last level being really hard because tough enemies teleport in to your position in pairs (one in front and one behind).

But that was so long ago... Maybe nowadays I could handle it... I must try!
My favorite part was how the soundtrack altered depending on the situation you were in, achieving greater immersion.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.