Great Anime OP/ED Music

TrepieGroupie#1

Administrator
Staff member
CDR Curator
Ko-Fi Supporter
Reaction score
Some of my favorite songs featured in Anime. I didn't necessarily watched every anime out there even the ones featured here ::lol but I listened to these songs countless of times. They just that good!

Totsugeki Love Heart [Fire Bomber] (Macross 7)​

Great song when feeling a little down or need to get pumped to do something.

Tough Boy [Tom Cat] (Hokuto no Ken)​

Driver's High [L'Arc-en-Ciel] (Great Teacher Onizuka)​

Blurry Eyes [L'Arc-en-Ciel] (DNA²)​

Others...
Which one do you find coming back to over the years?

I like most of the music in Attack on Titan. But my favorite is Yuugure no Tori, It's a ED music from season 2.
While listening to this music may give me a strange feeling.

I'd have to go with this one. Brings me wonderful memories, for sure.

It does feel a bit strange to see it in such a high resolution, though...makes me appreciate the quality of the animation that much more.

An ending, but not a song, from my favorite animated film :
Honnêamise no Tsubasa - Royal Space Force - Ending

I've known them for almost 30 years.
Dangaioh Opening

Sonic Soldier Borgman OVA The Borgman Last Battle OP

Sonic Soldier Borgman Lover's Rain OP

City Hunter - Opening 1 | "Love, Don't Leave Me!" by Kahoru Kohiruimaki

City Hunter 2 (1988) Opening 1 - Angel Night

I've always felt strongly that an excellent OP and ED are essential to an anime series' quality. (Actually, I think that way for all TV shows.) I judge these elements of each series quite critically – when a series just re-uses animation from the main show itself set to a bland bit of overproduced filler music or rolls white credit text over an all-black background, I turn my nose up at it. I've heard that many people skip OPs and EDs entirely when they watch anime, which baffles me – that's the best part!

A few months ago, I tried to think of what my favourite OPs ever were. Typically, I like colourful, peppy, up-tempo stuff that gets me in the mood to watch the show, so I wanted to showcase videos from the mid-2000s series I grew up with. Unfortunately, most of them AREN'T ON YOUTUBE ANYMORE!😡 Here are the ones that were (and aren't NSFW):

A Lost Dog and the Beats of the Rain (Asian Kung-Fu Generation) for The Tatami Galaxy:

Puzzle (Round Table) for Welcome to the NHK:

Boku wa Gakeppuchi (Hideo Suwa) for Bomberman Jetters:

Bartender (Natural High) for Bartender:

Q&A Recital (Haruka Tomatsu) for My Little Monster:

See next post for EDs, because I can only link five pieces of media at once. :cry:

Last edited:
I really like EDs that are silly, playful, or chillaxed to help you come down from the high of the episode, so my choices are a bit more eclectic:

Afro Gunso (DANCE☆MAN) for Sgt. Frog:

School Girl (Bennie K) for Parappa the Rapper:

Wareta Ringo (Risa Taneda) for From the New World:

Yume no Iro Basho (Jun Yoyena) for Beast Wars II:

Kyougen ma Washi (NoisyCell) for Mr. Tonegawa:

And that's that! Actually, it isn't, because I had to leave out a ton of stuff that wasn't on YouTube. 😭 Expect more posts from me in this thread soon, often, and poorly-formatted!

Last edited:
After making a post on another thread, I remembered an awesome vocalist that I must mention here. KOTOKO certainly rocks every anime theme made by her.
(this one is from a game but it's still pretty good)

i don't know maaany different animes, the ones i've watched are mostly mainstream. I don't know if Nana can be considered as such, but anyway, seeing this thread made me remember how much i love it's second opening:

and my eternally favourite opening:

everything sounds so deliciously

Last edited:
Street Fighter 2 Movie.
It's not an OP/ED but a song you can hear in the film and it's good.
Street Fighter II Movie - Itoshisato Setsunasato Kokoro Tsuyosato (English / Español)

Top o Nerae! Gunbuster - Opening ''Active Heart'' HD

Top o Nerae! Gunbuster - Ending "Try Again...!"

Last edited:
God Bless Dancouga Opening - "Ai wa Kiseki" HD (English Captions)

"An Angel's Paints" Lynn Minmay, from "SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love?"

Record of Lodoss War Opening [HD]

Record of Lodoss War - Credits - Kaze no Fantasia 風のファンタジア

Through The Night [Masahiko Arimatsu] (Outlaw Star)​

Smile Bomb [Sara White] (Yu Yu Hakusho)​

Tank! [Seatbelts] (Cowboy Bebop)​

So, other than the increadible Evengelion opening/closing songs (which are both legendary at this point of course), the first thing that came to my mind regarding this topic was this...

Keep in mind I've always been a huge Ayumi fan, so I'm kinda biased. Hehe

Also, I play piano, so this solo piano version blows me away...

And for anyone not familiar with the original, here it is...

This song just randomly got stuck in my head, so it's only fair I share it here:

Be Somewhere (Buzy) for Rockman.EXE Stream:

In a weird twist I've never heard before, this opening isn't just a cut-down version of the full song – it's an entirely different recording, made specifically to fit into a 90-second TV show intro. As a result, despite having the same lyrics and singer, it sounds "off" from the actual Be Somewhere single (and, for some reason, starts at the song's second stanza). I WONDER WHY THEY DID THAT???

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back