Favorite Nintendo Consoles

VampireLord1024

Young Hero
Reaction score
If you've ever owned any of the many Nintendo consoles, which were some of your favorites?

The ones that I have owned over the years include: Nintendo 64, GameBoy Color, Gameboy Advance, GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Switch.

My favorites would be the Nintendo 64, (my first video game console), GameCube, (as I liked it design and there's a lot of games that I liked on it), GameBoy Color, (being it was my first handheld that I owned), GameBoy Advance SP, (because it had that backlight to it so you could see if you played at night), Wii U, (since it had the gamepad and that's cool) and of course the Switch, (as you can play it as a handheld console too).

That's pretty much everything they made ::lol
They are all good, except maybe the Virtual Boy.
I'll choose the Wii U cos that's what I own now and I can play all previous systems.
And I like the Wii motes and balance board. Get some exercise done.

1727793701986.png
1727793720051.png

The GBA and 3ds for sure!
Their libraries alone and the breadth of awesome titles make them to of the best consoles/handhelds ever. Add to that they're backwards compatible with the previous generation's games (so is the DS, which was more popular than both, lol) so much amazing!
1727793957980.png

I'd have to say a close third is the Wii U. Great games. Kinda a black sheep. But if one is crafty and looks into CFW (tiramisu is amazing) you have a system that'll play, with ease, the entire Nintendo catalog up to that point.

As far as sheer amount of good games release on it, I would have to go with the SNES/SFC, that is in my opinion, Nintendo at their prime both on sheer first and third party output.
Just thinking of all the great games on it, MOTHER 2, Super Metroid, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island, etc. It truly takes the cake for me.
I have a particularly soft spot for the NES/FC but I wouldn't consider it my favorite, and the N64 has plenty of great games despite its considerably smaller library. I will admit, I haven't cared as much since the Wii U and even the Wii already had a sizable drop in worthwhile exclusives.

The Super Famicom/SNES was absolutely magical in the best period of video games. But you have to have lived through that era to feel it.

NES was good, SNES had the best library overall, grew up on the N64, Gamecube had some really solid games too and the best Game Boy Player, really you can't go wrong with their first 4 systems.

I own them all except the rare stuff. No game and watch, no Virtual Boy, not each gameboy model, but I have all the generations.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back