GBA Favorite GBA Games

I was obsessed with Golden Sun growing up and River City Ransom EX

Terezi Pyrope GIF

I haven't played either of those before, then again I didn't own too many GBA games.
All's good I love your picks as well! I loved Cartoon Network speedway as a kid
-Golden Sun is a pretty popular RPG on the hand-held
and River City Ransom EX is a pretty nice brawler/beat em up.
Terezi Pyrope GIF

Metroid Series, Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, Castlevania Series and of course...Pokemon
The GBA library has one of the most unique game entries, even some re-releases feels like a new game
For Mario games though, maybe the Mario vs Donkey Kong one, also can't forget Sonic! The Sonic Advance series has some incredible looking sprites (same goes for the others)

I think Nintendo peaked at that time in terms of handhled consoles
il_794xN.3473889172_pfh5.jpg

il_794xN.5099857517_pxeu.jpg

hq720.jpg

Golden Sun 1 and 2, Iridion 3D, Iridion 2, Astro Boy Omega Factor, Gunstar Super Heroes, Advance Guardian Heroes, Car Battler Joe, Mega Man and Bass, Mega Man Zero 1-4, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Zelda Minish Cap, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Sword of Mana, Star X, Riviera The Promised Land, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Fire Emblem, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Chu Chu Rocket, Pinball of The Dead, Sonic Pinball Party, Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Battle, Super Mario Advance 1-4, Zelda ALTTP/Four Swords, Metroid Fusion, Dexter's Laboratory: Deesaster Strikes even though it had that glitch that prevented me from completing the house level, Doom, Doom 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Asterix and Obelix XXL, Breath of Fire 1 and 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, King of Fighters EX 1 and 2, Magical Quest 1-3, Aladdin, Phantasy Star Collection, Final Fantasy 1 and 2 Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy 4-6 Advance, Legacy of Goku 1 and 2, Buu's Fury, Tales of Phantasia, Lunar Legend, Pokemon Emerald, Shining Force, Shining Soul 1 and 2, Wario Land 4, Mother 1 and 2, Mother 3, Kirby and The Amazing Mirror, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, Game and Watch Gallery 4, Mario Kart Super Circuit, I had most of these games but thanks to emulation and translations i was able to enjoy all of them!!! LOVE THE GBA!!!! Used to have a GameCube and a Game Boy Player. Made Golden Sun 1000X better!

Golden Sun 1 and 2, Iridion 3D, Iridion 2, Astro Boy Omega Factor, Gunstar Super Heroes, Advance Guardian Heroes, Car Battler Joe, Mega Man and Bass, Mega Man Zero 1-4, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Zelda Minish Cap, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Sword of Mana, Star X, Riviera The Promised Land, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Fire Emblem, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Chu Chu Rocket, Pinball of The Dead, Sonic Pinball Party, Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Battle, Super Mario Advance 1-4, Zelda ALTTP/Four Swords, Metroid Fusion, Dexter's Laboratory: Deesaster Strikes even though it had that glitch that prevented me from completing the house level, Doom, Doom 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Asterix and Obelix XXL, Breath of Fire 1 and 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, King of Fighters EX 1 and 2, Magical Quest 1-3, Aladdin, Phantasy Star Collection, Final Fantasy 1 and 2 Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy 4-6 Advance, Legacy of Goku 1 and 2, Buu's Fury, Tales of Phantasia, Lunar Legend, Pokemon Emerald, Shining Force, Shining Soul 1 and 2, Wario Land 4, Mother 1 and 2, Mother 3, Kirby and The Amazing Mirror, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, Game and Watch Gallery 4, Mario Kart Super Circuit, I had most of these games but thanks to emulation and translations i was able to enjoy all of them!!! LOVE THE GBA!!!! Used to have a GameCube and a Game Boy Player. Made Golden Sun 1000X better!

The dexter's lab game is good?? Most cn games are sadly very crummy

The dexter's lab game is good?? Most cn games are sadly very crummy
If you like games like Sonic 3D Blast it's good. You collect mini Deedee clones and bring them back in each stage. The lab is a hub for all the stages. Make sure if you do play it that it's a later version than 1.0. There is a major glitch in the house level where a tool you use to fix a machine permanently disappears when you use it. It sucks because it won't let you advance past that point. I got the game for Christmas with my white GBA. Never mailed it in to get patched. That was a thing. I heard the European version was fixed so it didn't have that issue too. There is a fixed version for NTSC as well.

All's good I love your picks as well! I loved Cartoon Network speedway as a kid
-Golden Sun is a pretty popular RPG on the hand-held
and River City Ransom EX is a pretty nice brawler/beat em up.
Terezi Pyrope GIF
I really liked Cartoon Network Speedway, since it was one of my first Cartoon Network games and the same with Cartoon Network Block Party. The "Bust A Move" mini game in Cartoon Network Block Party was probably my favorite.

I've played Crash Bandicoot: N-Tranced before but I didn't play it for long and I think I played The Simpsons Road Rage too, (the for sure I did play it's GameCube version and that was fun).

It's not even a contest for me, MOTHER 3 is by far my favorite GBA title. It's a wonderful experience all around, Shogo Sakai's breathtaking soundtrack, the absolutely memorable characters and writing. It's a tragic story but a wonderfully told one at that. I also really enjoyed the rhythm-adjacent combat system and thought it did a wonderful job at somewhat updating the otherwise pretty classic combat system.

I also happen to be a big fan of Blender Bros., a little known and rather underrated platformer that while it didn't do anything novel or original, it did everything it tried to do rather well. Another personal favorite of mine is Drill Dozer, a cute action game by GameFreak where you play as a girl riding a huge drill and a sort of Metroidvania-lite level structure where you progress through worlds by upgrading your gear and stuff. I should play it again, it's been well over a decade since I last played it and my memory of it is a bit dusty.

Deluxe_package.jpg

Blender-bros-box.jpg
Box-48.jpg

(so sorry about my horrid formatting)

It's not even a contest for me, MOTHER 3 is by far my favorite GBA title. It's a wonderful experience all around, Shogo Sakai's breathtaking soundtrack, the absolutely memorable characters and writing. It's a tragic story but a wonderfully told one at that. I also really enjoyed the rhythm-adjacent combat system and thought it did a wonderful job at somewhat updating the otherwise pretty classic combat system.

I also happen to be a big fan of Blender Bros., a little known and rather underrated platformer that while it didn't do anything novel or original, it did everything it tried to do rather well. Another personal favorite of mine is Drill Dozer, a cute action game by GameFreak where you play as a girl riding a huge drill and a sort of Metroidvania-lite level structure where you progress through worlds by upgrading your gear and stuff. I should play it again, it's been well over a decade since I last played it and my memory of it is a bit dusty.

Deluxe_package.jpg

Blender-bros-box.jpg
Box-48.jpg

Mother 3 was really good. I haven't played it in a few years.

There's just so many great games.
It was a special time for gaming, the GBA. Hot diggity, we were spoiled!
If I were to have to pick a single favorite I'd have to say:

1728318479184.png

No, it's not the most original or unique take. And yes, I do have many other favorites. But Something about this one clicked in a big way for me. Instant classic.

I could go on and on and on with games I absolutely adore on the system but just scrolling up from here and a lot of folks have already covered that same ground (y)

It's a joy to discover new games for the GBA, too. Recently I'd discovered Hachiemon
1728318761994.png

I have no idea what the game is about or what's going on (the main dude is a TV network mascot from Japan[?]) but it's platform brilliance. I recommend for those who dig the running and the jumping.

DOOM (but not DOOM 2, which I've always found too sadistic), Advance Wars (my best score in completed campaign mode is 965 points rank S), Super Mario Advance and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, on which I spent over 185 hours and which was my first Tactical RPG. It's a pity that the scenario is a little too infantile, but it's still a safe bet.
The scenario did have laws that stacked on top of each other as you progressed that made the game more challenging. There's a rom hack that removes them now. That's more like an easy mode. Good for someone playing it as their first tactics game.

• WarioWare
  • M&L Superstar Saga
  • Pokemon R/S/E & FR/LG
  • Super Mario Advanced series
  • Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and harmony of Dissonance
  • Puyo Pop

Deluxe_package.jpg

Blender-bros-box.jpg
Box-48.jpg

Drill Dozer aka "That one assist trophy in Smash Bros Brawl"

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.