Music-Rhythm Dance Dance Revolution/dance game general.

mel

New Challenger
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm not the only ddr enthusiast here. Anyways, here are some questions to get things started:

-What is your most played song?

-What is your favorite mix?

-Where do you usually play?

Feel free to upload any gameplay videos you have as well!

To answer my own questions:

-My most played song would either be blue impulse or can't stop fallin' in love ~super euro version~. The latter is the first song I played doubles on.

-My favorite mix is extreme, but supernova is a close second.

-I usually play the 2002 pc game with a soft pad at home, but there are functional a20 and supernova machines in my area that I play as well. Supernova is in rough shape, but at least it's set to free play.

I played a bit of the PS1 games, but I'm a Pump it up guy. I even imported a dance pad from Poland that weights 78 TONS some time ago. I'm rusty but I love it.

I still remember 'can't stop falling in love' haha, once that thing gets in your head it never leaves.

I played a bit of the PS1 games, but I'm a Pump it up guy. I even imported a dance pad from Poland that weights 78 TONS some time ago. I'm rusty but I love it.

I still remember 'can't stop falling in love' haha, once that thing gets in your head it never leaves.
I've dabbled in pump it up a bit. I need to play it more since there's a (practically) brand new cabinet not too far from me. It seems pretty popular based on how many people are there whenever I pass by.

You should try sometime, find the code to x2 the speed at least cos at x1 it will be so slow that even if the song is easy the steps are so scrammed together that it's harder to process for the brain.

Actually, If this is the pad:
7---9
--5--
1---3

while on song select screen do 79795 and it will change to x2, do it again, x3, x4 and then resets to x1.
I suggest at least x2 even if you are an absolute beginner. That's the best tip I can give to anyone trying the game.

I realize i turned this into a PIU thread and it's a DDR thread so I'll let someone that knows talk.

You should try sometime, find the code to x2 the speed at least cos at x1 it will be so slow that even if the song is easy the steps are so scrammed together that it's harder to process for the brain.

Actually, If this is the pad:
7---9
--5--
1---3

while on song select screen do 79795 and it will change to x2, do it again, x3, x4 and then resets to x1.
I suggest at least x2 even if you are an absolute beginner. That's the best tip I can give to anyone trying the game.

I realize i turned this into a PIU thread and it's a DDR thread so I'll let someone that knows talk.
Thanks for the tip. I'll copy this down so next time I'm at the arcade I can give it a shot.

I think this works well as a dance game thread in general actually, so I changed the title to reflect that.

-What is your most played song?
Sexy Planet (From Nonstop Megamix)
-What is your favorite mix?
4th Mix Plus Solo
-Where do you usually play?
I haven't been to an actual arcade to play in YEARS. After high school I worked in an amusement park that had an arcade with DDRExtreme so I would play on that during my breaks and in the winter seasons when they moved all the kiddy rides in the arcade room. Last time i actually touched a DDR machine was at a Dave'N'Busters but it was a very poorly synced SuperNova2, and I fell out of DDR once DDRX was released on the PS2.

I still own a dance pad (not metal, but it looks like it with a bar at the back), but it's been sleeping in my basement for a long time. My goal, someday, is to buy a cheap PC, install stepmania on it with all the songs from 1st mix - extreme and use that as a dedicated DDR machine with my pad hooked up to it.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back