Croc is being remastered

Sayo

Young Hero
CDR Curator
Reaction score
Remember Croc? It had over seven realms!
Well, the classic 3D platformer from the 5th generation starring an adorable little crocodile is getting an official remaster by Argonaut Software and they have posted some footage, it's looking quite good so far.
For starters, it has modern analog controls now, check it out!
Eg9VY.gif

Last edited:
Well, it certainly looks like a faithful update of the original, doesn't it? Unlike 99.99% of all modern remakes, the art style hasn't completely gone to shit, which is nice. I can't say I ever really cared about ol' Croc, nor any mythos he may or may not have about the Gobbos, but I imagine longtime fans will be quite pleased to purchase this for 75% off during a sale.

I really like Argonaut's logo. It reminds me of Adeline Software's, and that's never a bad thing. That chalky, crayon-y iconography from the mid-to-late 90s needs to come back ASAP.

I still remember when Argo was trying to sell Croc to Nintendo as an official Yoshi game.

I'm still kinda undecided about whether that would have turned out well or not. (Pretty sure it would have at least been better than how Croc turned out without Nintendo's involvement at least).

Last edited:
Well, it certainly looks like a faithful update of the original, doesn't it? Unlike 99.99% of all modern remakes, the art style hasn't completely gone to shit, which is nice. I can't say I ever really cared about ol' Croc, nor any mythos he may or may not have about the Gobbos, but I imagine longtime fans will be quite pleased to purchase this for 75% off during a sale.

I really like Argonaut's logo. It reminds me of Adeline Software's, and that's never a bad thing. That chalky, crayon-y iconography from the mid-to-late 90s needs to come back ASAP.
I sure am happy to see it's exactly what a remaster should be, the original game updated to take advantage of modern hardware with a few additional (and optional) niceties.
Also I am quite fond of their logo as well, it strikes some good balance between a rather minimalist approach and being unique/standing out.
I still remember when Argo was trying to sell Croc to Nintendo as an official Yoshi game.

I'm still kinda undecided about whether that would have turned out well or not. (Pretty sure it would have at least been better than how Croc turned out without Nintendo's involvement at least).
Gotta give credits to Argonaut where its due, they really kept Crocs appearance as close to "legally distinct Yoshi" as possible ::biggrin
I think I maybe read somewhere about Croc getting a remaster.
These news have made a little noise if you frequent places like these, yeah.

I sure am happy to see it's exactly what a remaster should be, the original game updated to take advantage of modern hardware with a few additional (and optional) niceties.
Also I am quite fond of their logo as well, it strikes some good balance between a rather minimalist approach and being unique/standing out.

Gotta give credits to Argonaut where its due, they really kept Crocs appearance as close to "legally distinct Yoshi" as possible ::biggrin

These news have made a little noise if you frequent places like these, yeah.
I generally don't really check to see what new games are coming out. If I see any new games coming out then it's probably at a random moment during the day.

cool! we need more PSx 3d platform remakes!
40 winks, Jersey Devil, Rayman 2, Kingsley's adventures 🤞

Honestly I don't even know what this game is. But since it's a game from PSX era AND with tank controls? Gimme that shit (Now I'm just waiting for Bubsy 3D)

Croc is a hoot!
I'm actually pretty excited for a remaster. If I remember the levels and enemies were pretty.
Here's hoping for awesome 🤞

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back