25 Anniversary Dreamcast Appreciation thread

IrkenElite

New Challenger
Ko-Fi Supporter
Reaction score
Three weeks ago was the 25th anniversary of the Dreamcast, so a little late to the actual date of it....however, I've been playing my little guy to enjoy the upgrades I've gotten over time. Still need to replace the battery holder, but date/time aren't the worst things to lose.

Phantasy Star Online, may they someday revive you....

There's something profoundly special about the Dreamcast and its games, it truly felt like a bridging point between the fifth and sixth console generations.
Games like Shenmue hold a special place for me.

Three weeks ago was the 25th anniversary of the Dreamcast, so a little late to the actual date of it....however, I've been playing my little guy to enjoy the upgrades I've gotten over time. Still need to replace the battery holder, but date/time aren't the worst things to lose.

I just started over with Blue Burst on PC, haha! Decided to give Lossless Scaling a go with it, and it bumps it up to 60fps with minimal lag - pretty impressive!

Loved my Dreamcast. Some faves are, obviously, Phantasy Star Online, but also:

Metropolis Street Racer
Shadow Man
Sonic Adventure
SoulCalibur
Dead or Alive 2
Outtrigger
Speed Devils
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (one of the only RE games I've ever finished :P)
Fur Fighters
Unreal Tournament
Power Stone
Shenmue & Shenmue 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Virtua Tennis
Under Defeat, &
Gauntlet Legends

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting that I sunk a whole lot of time into, but yeah, for a system with so much gold, you're bound to forget something :P

You can play PSO online on console. 👍

Good stuff!

I just started over with Blue Burst on PC, haha! Decided to give Lossless Scaling a go with it, and it bumps it up to 60fps with minimal lag - pretty impressive!

Loved my Dreamcast. Some faves are, obviously, Phantasy Star Online, but also:

Metropolis Street Racer
Shadow Man
Sonic Adventure
SoulCalibur
Dead or Alive 2
Outtrigger
Speed Devils
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (one of the only RE games I've ever finished :P)
Fur Fighters
Unreal Tournament
Power Stone
Shenmue & Shenmue 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Virtua Tennis
Under Defeat, &
Gauntlet Legends

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting that I sunk a whole lot of time into, but yeah, for a system with so much gold, you're bound to forget something :P
The DC Shadow Man was the way to go!
Same with the THPS2, Rayman 2, and Soul Reaver ports!

You can play PSO online on console. 👍

Good stuff!
Yeah, I've got my OG xbox, GC, and DC versions connected online. I was late to the party. Only beat it once on normal on cube, but the need to just be able to say I can play these systems online today is the nerd cred I like to share. Might keep going with my first character on DC. I don't really play optimally, just enjoying learning and playing.

Dreamcast was one of my first consoles and im so glad I got to grow up with it. Sonic Adventure will always be aen all time classic to me but there's so much of the libary that I still havent gotten around to that seem interesting. Like has anyone here played Blue Stinger, EGG or Bangai-O? Those are probably the 3 Dreamcast games that I gotta play ASAP.

Metropolitan, JSR, Shenmue and so many others are just great games for the system I can go on for hours about them all. I recently got to play Sonic Shuffle and Power Stone 2 with a full group of friends and while extremely frustrating it was still a great time.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back