Your first gaming platform?

StMil

Staff member
Reaction score
I live in England, and when I was a kid it was mostly home computers that dominated the gaming market over here, such as the Spectrum, Amstrad and Commodore.
My first ever experience of gaming was when my parents got a Commodore VIC20 (the predecessor to the C64) and my mom taught me how to program games for it.

From there I went on to own other platforms such as 8-bit consoles, a Commodore Amiga, 16 bit consoles, a 3DO and many others, including PC's since the Windows 3.1 days, and of course 32 & 64 bit consoles etc.

How about you?

Last edited:
ahhhhhhh let me tell you a brief story...

i was a kid watching tv once, and we had a show called Interligado, where people needed to answer some quiz and beat some nasty challenges, as eat a plate of worms and stuff like that, so they would be rewarded with probably money aaaaaaaaand this:

D_NQ_NP_722181-MLB32576831861_102019-O.webp

Dynavision 4 Radical: "The Most compatible of the nintendos" (refering to the many many NES clones we had in our market back then).

I watched the show but didn't give a fuck about this prize, actually. But one day i went to a friend's house, and he wanted to show me his new toy: A Mega Drive, with Sonic and other 9 games on the same cartridge. My father says that i came home with my eyes shining, stupefied. My older cousing also had received a Master System as a gift, and it kept me in love with Sonic. Then he gave me a console too! But it was this Dynavision 4 Radical, which was cheaper hahahah It came with a 40 or 64 games cartridge, and remember finishing Contra, something i would never be able to do nowadays, specially without saving. Wild times.

Sears Video Arcade that my relatives had before I was born. Played stuff like Space Invaders and Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back on it. My parents had it hooked up to a small black and white tv too. Never even saw Atari 2600 games in color. lol We did get a Sega Genesis model 2 eventually that came with Columns so my older cousin gave me his copy of Sonic The Hedgehog. Played those to death along with Taz Escape From Mars and Toy Story. Also got his Game Boy with 3 games: Alien VS. Predator, Bo Jackson's Baseball and Football 2 in 1, and Operation C. The first two games kind of sucked so I played Operation C the most. I'd fire the games up whenever i needed a blast of nostalgia. My dad had a job where he'd get floppy disks with computer games on them along with free demo discs in the mail with a subscription of MacAddict magazine. Played so many games on the old Power Mac. Everything from point n click adventures to edutainment games. MacPlay had a bunch of good games too like Power Pete, Frankenstein, Mario's Game Gallery, Star Trek 25th Anniversary, Flashback, ect. LucasArts had Star Wars games like both Rebel Assaults and the first Dark Forces, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Day of The Tentacle, Sam and Max Hit The Road, Full Throttle, The Dig, Afterlife, and Mortimer and The Riddles of The Medallion which was basically the 3rd Rebel Assault but it was educational about animals.

The first gaming console I had was a GameBoy actually. I got it as a gift in 1991, IIRC. Other than Tetris, I received Super Mario Land and Final Fantasy Adventure with it. A year or so later, I got a Super Nintendo for Christmas in 1992.

My cousins that are a few years older than me were into gaming, and I pretty much got into it through them. They had a NES, SNES, and Genesis around the US launches of those systems, and after spending time with them and experiencing those systems, I wanted in. Lol.

You guys got a really good consoles to start, mine was some random handheld consoles clone. Do you guys know those 400 in 1 consoles? I think I got exactly that.

I don't quite remember the names and games I've played in it (like the karate one), what I did remember playing was NES Classics like Super Mario Bros and Contra and I really like it so much when I was a kid (probably the reason why I remember it so well)

Nowadays it looks like this

7684fe1179217632adcc79da24dc916b@resize_w450_nl.webp

But mine was quite different because it has a different shape (PSP like, without both analog sticks and shoulder buttons) I don't know if it exist today but it's definitely a quite bizarre journey for me to Retro games

First I played was no doubt the NES. It was just around so I played it! :p
First console I purchased for myself was the Gameboy Advanced.
Got the nifty transparent purple one, too:
1728844335801.png

DELISH!

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back