Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters

TrepieGroupie#1

Administrator
Staff member
CDR Curator
Ko-Fi Supporter
Reaction score
Nintendo of America announced it's new gadget, an alarm clock that plays Super Mario Odyssey music (and 4 other games) it also plays sound effects if you move.

TRAILER:​

alarmo.png

Yeaaaah... I think I'll sleep on this one. ;)

It's 100 USD on top of paying for the Switch Online service. Why do you need an online service for an alarm clock? You could just use your smart phone and whatever MP3 you find of your favorite video game as the alarm sound. It's free and you don't even need internet to use it.

Whatever happened to those mini Game & Watch handhelds they were doing? The Zelda one was actually quite good! (Though, obviously, extremely-overpriced.) If Nintendo is going to keep doing little toyetic experiments like this, I wish they'd focus on devices that actually played video games, not just the sound effects. 😡

Last edited:
It's neat but it's silly, or silly at that price rather. IMO it's a $40 novelty being sold at a huge markup. I have to agree with Gorse, the Game and Watch series they started and abandoned seemed like a much better idea. I'm not much of a collector of knick knacks like this in general though.

Couldn't it be a function of every nintendo swith??? you leave it close to your bed in some sort of support, then it could wake you up with all of those shenanigans and design e.e

if i were rich i would buy it :p

Imagine in some alt- timeline, SEGA made one of these things.
I'd pass, that price is quite much for a little clock. plus that price is as big as
most triple A games now a days.
Vriska Serket GIF
Maybe if they kept making consoles and did something with the VMU that allowed you to use it as an alarm clock but use actual MP3 songs.

Dare I ask what the catalyst was?
just how they have been destroying the emulation scene extra hard recently, more than usual

also the palworld lawsuit is extremely petty, im just done supporting them at this point

as someone who has been buying their systems since gba and gamecube, i dont like them enough to support them anymore (though i will gladly yarr their games~)

It looked cute at first but as soon as I saw and heard the motion sensor going off in the trailer I immediately dropped any hope of being able to have any practical use. I work very off hours compared to most people and if my wife would get woken up by "bing bing wahoo" followed by intense super mario coin sounds as soon as I slowly moved to shut it off I would already be (justifiably) murdered by her. That thing is NOT built for adult couples lmao
WHAT? Nintendo Online subscription required to use an alarm clock?? Only Nintendo can pull this shit without some massive shitstorm lol
It's only if you want to make an early purchase. The reason there's no shitstorm is because no one is in a hurry to get one and will probably just wait until the actual release of it. As far as I know you can already buy it without NOS if you visit their physical store in US or Japan.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.