What is the best game EVER MADE?

StMil

Staff member
Reaction score
So, retro or modern, what do you think is the best game ever made?

For me it's Chrono Trigger (and by extension Chrono Cross, which has one of the most mind-bogglinly incredible stories in any work of fiction ever).

Everything about Chrono Trigger just worked so perfectly... Akira Toriyama's character design, Yasunori Mitsuda and Nobuo's OST, the story, the gameplay, it's inherant charm... Just everything.
For me it's a very obvious choice.

Some runners-up for me are also Final Fantasy VI and the first Tomb Raider game (which was amazing in 1996, and is still fun to this day). And speaking of Tomb Raider I'd also like to mention "Rise of the Tomb Raider" which was sooo much better than the 2013 reboot. It enhanced the game in every possible way (controls, graphics, story, gameplay etc were all massively improved, and honestly it pis**s all over the uncharted games).
I'll also give a shoutout to Wipeout 3 : Special Edition. which is peak AG racing at it's finest, and has a ton of replayability.
Portal 2 is also a runner up for me, as is Zelda III.
Edit: Oh and I almost forgot to mention "Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines", which is also a contender (even despite its flaws).

But what for you is literally the best game ever made?

Last edited:
This is a really hard question since my opinion constantly changes. I must apologize to armored core, because dark souls is going to be my pick. Everything about it feels right to me. Even its weakest points are better than some games' strongest ones. The art direction and graphics are my favorite part. If I don't like how a game looks I won't pick it up no matter how great it plays.

I also have to thank you for reminding me of wipeout. Time to load wipeout pure onto my psp again.

Nah, i can't really stand for a game as the best of them all. They're so different. I may tell you my favourite, but even my favourites have a lot of flaws i don't see in other games i enjoyed less.

I be here like:
shocked thats impossible GIF

One of the best made games for me ever remains without a doubt Vagrant Story on PS1. I loved the intrigue of its deep and adult storyline, the dark atmosphere, the characters (artistically crafted by the legendary Yoshida) as well as the absolutely fantastic music by Sakimoto (my favorite video game music composer along with fellow gamer Higashino!). Then there is the replayability factor, with a multitude of weapons and various bonuses... But even more subtle is the affinity mechanism of the weapons to be used, which at the same time has not been fully understood by many people who have played it...

Attachments

• finished-vagrant-story-what-an-enthralling-game-worth-v0-46layk64rlyc1.png
    finished-vagrant-story-what-an-enthralling-game-worth-v0-46layk64rlyc1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Tough call. Xenogears and Metal Gear Solid are two games that I really love and have stuck with me over the games.

I hate to say it, but I think I'm gonna have to go with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It's not my favourite game ever – I don't even think it's really in my top 10 – but in terms of raw, technical quality, I can't think of another game that impressed me more. The gameplay is outrageously fun and addictive, the story (while simple) is really endearing, the game looks quite good, and there's a ton of detail oozing out of the world and mechanics. I know that people, and fans of the other 3D Zelda games especially, have their problems with it, but I don't think there's a single thing about BOTW that I would say is anything less than pure excellence.

Nintendo must have agreed with me, because they liked the game so much that they just released it again, with a higher price tag, as a full sequel!

1e9bab70b620473a8cb4a11d61f10571182a209f_hq.gif

If i force me to answer that....... .. maybe................ Transistor.. ..??? it's not actually one of my favourite games ever, but i believe it's so well done and it could be pointed as a basicly a perfect microcosmos of what video games has to offer.

giphy.gif

Nintendo must have agreed with me, because they liked the game so much that they just released it again, with a higher price tag, as a full sequel!

1e9bab70b620473a8cb4a11d61f10571182a209f_hq.gif
Haha. Spicy but true. XD

Connect with us

Latest Threads

THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS (UNDENIABLE)

What is the best soundtrack of all time? While I'm not well-versed in music theory, here is a...
Read more

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back