The most polished games you've ever played

DunkeyKong

Young Hero
Reaction score
When I think of polished, I think of Metal Gear Solid series. The games is so polished that even something like shattered glass is done manually, I have so much respect for these guys for the amount of details and the dedication to do it all
FvWcz1OXsAAbHt1

And that's for the 3D games, 2D though? There's many as well. But as for 2D one, I wanted to mentioned one of the classics but also one of the oldest

Donkey Kong was one of the best arcade games that most of the people would've known. But one that stood out the most is the Game Boy version, which is definitely the best version of the game for many reasons

You have the level design which some of it is a recreations and also bringing new mechanics to the already new levels like the handstand, a backflip and the throwing ability from Super Mario Bros 2. The sound effects is nice, even though some are reused. And then there's the movement, I am so impressed of how fluid the game really is.

And all of this stuff came from a Game Boy which is not just amazing, it's a great examples of how to make an old games better and not by just focusing on making the visuals look better, but by introducing new ideas while making even the old mechanics better
donkey-kong-gb-coverart.jpg

Last edited:
Polished I may have to go with the GOW (Gears Of War) series. I know the later titles are a huge
hit n miss, like judgement, 4, 5, tactics. etc. but even still those game have that charm to em if you
give em the time, the story, BRUTAL GORE, gunplay, difficulty, characters and more! plus the amount of detail is
insane. AND WERE GETTING A NEW GAME NEXT YEAR..what a timeline to be in.
hope we get ports of the earlier titles sometime in the future...come on Microsoft
1728946484932.png
Dirk Strider GIF

Polished I may have to go with the GOW (Gears Of War) series. I know the later titles are a huge
hit n miss, like judgement, 4, 5, tactics. etc. but even still those game have that charm to em if you
give em the time, the story, BRUTAL GORE, gunplay, difficulty, characters and more! plus the amount of detail is
insane. AND WERE GETTING A NEW GAME NEXT YEAR..what a timeline to be in.
hope we get ports of the earlier titles sometime in the future...come on MicrosoftView attachment 1198
Dirk Strider GIF
That's true, even though I'm not a fan of that series, I can tell some developers are working hard on it despite some mediocrity

The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom made me think about the amount of polish and quality passes they must have gone through to allow such free form physics system to work flawlessly on a Switch.

Nintendo games usually have a remarkable amount of polish and attention to detail for game feel but outside of that company.. Halo 3 and Halo Reach were excellent for their time. Killzone 2 was superbly polished, it was weighty, crunchy and every gunfight was intense.

The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom made me think about the amount of polish and quality passes they must have gone through to allow such free form physics system to work flawlessly on a Switch.

Nintendo games usually have a remarkable amount of polish and attention to detail for game feel but outside of that company.. Halo 3 and Halo Reach were excellent for their time. Killzone 2 was superbly polished, it was weighty, crunchy and every gunfight was intense.
Zelda games on Switch and Pokemon games on Switch are polar opposites to me. Zelda has all this polish and depth. Pokemon on Switch was more about meeting deadlines and pumping games out every year. Both had different teams work on inbetween titles too. Zelda games have better quality control.

Zelda games on Switch and Pokemon games on Switch are polar opposites to me. Zelda has all this polish and depth. Pokemon on Switch was more about meeting deadlines and pumping games out every year. Both had different teams work on inbetween titles too. Zelda games have better quality control.
Pokemon's situation is rather peculiar. They answer to The Pokemon Company, Creatures and Nintendo. Like a gangbang of executives that want a new game every year. If Nintendo could take control of development, they would only make one really big Pokemon game each generation (or two)

Pokemon's situation is rather peculiar. They answer to The Pokemon Company, Creatures and Nintendo. Like a gangbang of executives that want a new game every year. If Nintendo could take control of development, they would only make one really big Pokemon game each generation (or two)
I'd buy that.

I kinda feel bad for those who worked for the company, they really deserve some rest

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.