Snes9x on Raspberry pi

Balthasar

New Challenger
Reaction score
Raspberry_Pi-Logo.wine.png

I have been using my Raspberry pi 4 for Snes emulation with Snes9x. It works fairly well except for the sound quality which is very static like. Link to a video that shows how to install Snes9x on Raspberry pi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I edited your post a bit seems like webp images are not shown for some reason.
Also pasted the video link so it gets embedded.

Balthasar said:
It works fairly well except for the sound quality which is very static like.
I use Lakka on my RaPi 4b, so I don't have as much experience with the standalone emulator, but if audio crackling persists, you may want to look into increasing your audio buffer size and make sure your sample rate is set to 44.1KHz. Outside of that, sometimes there are FPS discrepancies that cause audio artifacts. Not pinning FPS to exactly 60Hz can help with that.

I use Lakka on my RaPi 4b, so I don't have as much experience with the standalone emulator, but if audio crackling persists, you may want to look into increasing your audio buffer size and make sure your sample rate is set to 44.1KHz. Outside of that, sometimes there are FPS discrepancies that cause audio artifacts. Not pinning FPS to exactly 60Hz can help with that.

I can attest to this, I'm running Retroarch on my modern PC and for the longest time I was getting audio artifacts and could not find out the reason why. Setty and I found out it was because my monitors are set to 75hz and Retroarch was pinning to 60hz, causing the artifacts, after I changed it to 75hz it was all cherry.

Yeah, moreover, even if your monitor is technically 60Hz, sometimes it's actually hitting somewhere like 59.94Hz, which is enough to cause audio artifacts in some emulators. So even if you have a common refresh rate, it's worth investigating and ruling out.

Lakka is great!

isn't that what FastROM is for?

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back