Cartoons Regional cartoons or something popular "only" in your country

lucasgvse

Staff member
Writers Guild
CDR Curator
Reaction score
I'm curious about it, specially about users that don't live on USA. There's any odd cartoon that used to air on the TV channels of your country?

For example, i know Woody Woodypecker (Pica-pau) isn't brazilian or unknown in other places, but here, almost every person watched it and many kids keep watching it to this day. Saint Seiya, or Os Cavaleiros Do Zodíaco, is also super popular around here, like if it was one of the greatest animes of all time, next to Dragon Ball Z.

fb94687f43fb2161773d5b6a4e4efe8f.gif

And from new ones, i could mention Irmão Do Jorel (Jorel's Brother) that is made here and airs in Cartoon Network but also in open channels. It has so many specific brazilian references, i wonder how is it localized for non latino american audiences...

English auto-subs
Maybe we could make this thread a little exhibition and cultural exchange!

I'm curious about it, specially about users that don't live on USA. There's any odd cartoon that used to air on the TV channels of your country?

For example, i know Woody Woodypecker (Pica-pau) isn't brazilian or unknown in other places, but here, almost every person watched it and many kids keep watching it to this day. Saint Seiya, or Os Cavaleiros Do Zodíaco, is also super popular around here, like if it was one of the greatest animes of all time, next to Dragon Ball Z, Naruto.

fb94687f43fb2161773d5b6a4e4efe8f.gif

And from new ones, i could mention Irmão Do Jorel (Jorel's Brother) that is made here and airs in Cartoon Network but also in open channels. It has so many specific brazilian references, i wonder how is it localized for non latino american audiences...

English auto-subs
Maybe we could make this thread a little exhibition and cultural exchange!
Knights of The Zodiac was aired in the US and Europe too.

Knights of The Zodiac was aired in the US and Europe too.
but had it a BIG cultural impact in there? In brazil at least it changed our TV. It was one of the first animes that aired here and it created a fever around kids and the horror of almost everyones parents and churches. We had Saint Seiya way before Dragon Ball landing here also. It was a shock.

but had it a BIG cultural impact in there? In brazil at least it changed our TV. It was one of the first animes that aired here and it create a fever around kids and the horror of almost everyones parents and churches. We had Saint Seiya way before Dragon Ball land here also. It was a shock.
It was big in France and Italy. Also Mexico. Not so much in the US unfortunately but the US got a bad dub on Toonami.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back