Ports of your favorite games

Ded

New Challenger
Reaction score
Did you like them? Were there any changes? One of my favorite games is Shin Megami Tensei, it had quite a few ports. Oddly enough, I remember my favorite being the IOS port that's no longer available. Playing it on my phone was great. I got in my possession the PC ports of Persona, its known to be the worst port of the game but I still like having them.

GTIg3-YW4AAnTrd.jpg

Little trivia in Revelations: Persona, the NA release, the protagonist had red hair! I liked it.​

I played the PS1 port of Rayman 2 and it was such a mess, all the stages were trimmed down, entire sections removed, the only positive if you want to call it that, was that they added voice acting.

I played the PS1 port of Rayman 2 and it was such a mess, all the stages were trimmed down, entire sections removed, the only positive if you want to call it that, was that they added voice acting.
There was also the unlockable 2d version that wasn't included in any other port.

The Chrono Trigger for DS, in my opinion the definitive way to play the game. It adds new shit and makes it more enjoyable (more than it already was lol) ::biggrinI don't know if this counts but the Gran Turismo 2 for Dreamcast was for a long time the definitive way to play the game, it looked good and was faster than the original. GTA2 and Tony Hawk too were better there but these were official. Had a lot of fun with that shit ::rolleyes

The first time I played my favourite game ever, Sonic Adventure, was through the Gamecube port. It isn't a very optimal way to play the game – the "improved" models and textures look way worse than the original – but I'd never own a Dreamcast at that point anyways, so I'm still kind of grateful for it. It also included the full versions of every mainline 8-bit Sonic game, which gave me a great foundation to get into the series with. Years later, I'd purchase the PC version on Steam (and cheekily install the Dreamcast mod pack), which is considered the definitive edition of the game, and then emulated the original through NullDC to pay my respects. SO (high-quality, censorship-free, reasonably-priced) PORTS ARE A-OK WITH ME!!!!

I also owned Sonic Gems Collection which, in addition to having a horrible port of Sonic CD that tainted my view of the game for years along with the 8-bit games I already had on Adventure DX and some shit Genesis games that weren't even good the first time around, had the best version of Sonic R. (Don't listen to anyone in that Saturn thread!) It also included some cool remixes of classic Sonic tunes, and a full collection of terrible comic covers! Gems Collection sucks, but it still has a special place in my withered heart. 💘 Oh, and then I had the Sonic Classic Collection on DS, which is how I got into the Genesis games! The amount of money I've spent on Sonic ports is troubling... but I'll make it work.

Last edited:
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, the sprite work is just "chef kiss"
One of those games that made me love the GBA alone, I don't know why but it just looks so clean
I replayed it quite a lot cause...why not?

Also, I always feel bad for this one girl whenever I came back to this
Legend of Zelda, The - The Minish Cap (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (patched).2024-09-26 17.09.34.png

There was also the unlockable 2d version that wasn't included in any other port.
Dude no way, I didn't know you could unlock a 2D version at all. That's so cool, I need to check it back again.

I had the DC version of that game and suggested to a friend who had a PS1 to pick it up...
Yeah, poor kid never took another recommendation from me again, lol...

Connect with us

Latest Threads

THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS (UNDENIABLE)

What is the best soundtrack of all time? While I'm not well-versed in music theory, here is a...
Read more

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Staff online

Members online