Help New to this

Sigismund

New Challenger
Reaction score
Morning all!

Hope everyone is well, I’m new to emulators etc, I’ve always wanted to play Vandal Hearts Sega version, however I’ve downloaded it from CDRomance, how would I need to play, would I need to download a emulator then drag the game into the file or? If you could recommend a emulator or a guide please send me the right way.

Any help would be amazing

Hello and welcome. Usually to emulate the Saturn I use Retroarch via the Mednafen core. You can also use its standalone version, and as you suggested you have to drag the game file to Mednafen.exe.
There are many solutions depending on the hardware you use.

Download the emulator, I'd say put it on your desktop so you can know where it's at and be able to see it. Maybe make a folder on your desktop that says Sega Roms or something like that, as that's how I do it whenever I have roms from different consoles to keep it better organized.

Solid advice up-and-down the thread.
Just to clarify, you're wanting to use your PC to play, yeah?

If you run into trouble setting up RetroArch I'd suggest you use BizHawk as I found it much easier to get up and running than RetroArch for Saturn games.

Solid advice up-and-down the thread.
Just to clarify, you're wanting to use your PC to play, yeah?
Absolutely yes, when it comes to emulation quality, it is always preferable to use a decent hardware configuration such as a PC with decent specifications especially when it comes to the Saturn platform.
In the past I happened to use Retroarch on my Raspberry Pi 4, and the emulation of Saturn games often had frame rate and jerky sound problems. I also had the same problem on a cheap Android box.

If you run into trouble setting up RetroArch I'd suggest you use BizHawk as I found it much easier to get up and running than RetroArch for Saturn gamesc

If you run into trouble setting up RetroArch I'd suggest you use BizHawk as I found it much easier to get up and running than RetroArch for Saturn games.
Can you save progression ??

Morning all!

Hope everyone is well, I’m new to emulators etc, I’ve always wanted to play Vandal Hearts Sega version, however I’ve downloaded it from CDRomance, how would I need to play, would I need to download a emulator then drag the game into the file or? If you could recommend a emulator or a guide please send me the right way.

Any help would be amazing

Mednafen (https://mednafen.github.io/) is the best option for Saturn emulation. Make sure to read the DOCUMENTATION section in the github. Beware that this one has no GUI so to play a game you need to right click on the rom>open with...>Mednafen.

It's a joke??
Probably he is just a newcomer to all this.

@Sigismund my friend, you should look for a starter guide on youtube, like this one:

It will tell you how to install Retroarch, that is a software with a lot of different emulators (also called Retroarch Cores) contained in it. You will install them through retroarch menus. Some consoles need a kind of file called Bios to work. That you'll need to search for on google, download it and put it on a folder where you installed your retroarch (system folder, normally. This part is not difficult, you'll just need a couple searches to figure out).
Game roms goes in a retroarch windows folder too, and i'm certain that start guide will cover all the exact informations you need!

And yes, you'll be able to save your progression by save states etc ;D

I use Retroarch and a fantastic program called launchbox on windows to organize all my games.
https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/
I find it does take a bit of time to figure it out but it works fantastic with Retroarch and I can have multiple systems and games running all through one interface.
Seeing as I got linked to this forum through https://cdromance.org/ I should mention that they have several hard to find games. Emulation will provide many hours of great entertainment without having to break the bank with expensive retrogaming collecting, collecting is an excellent hobby but some game prices call for harvesting one of you kidneys just to afford them.
for example SS Panzer Dragoon Saga, SS Radiant Silvergun & DC Ikaruga

Probably he is just a newcomer to all this.

@Sigismund my friend, you should look for a starter guide on youtube, like this one:

It will tell you how to install Retroarch, that is a software with a lot of different emulators (also called Retroarch Cores) contained in it. You will install them through retroarch menus. Some consoles need a kind of file called Bios to work. That you'll need to search for on google, download it and put it on a folder where you installed your retroarch (system folder, normally. This part is not difficult, you'll just need a couple searches to figure out).
Game roms goes in a retroarch windows folder too, and i'm certain that start guide will cover all the exact informations you need!

And yes, you'll be able to save your progression by save states etc ;D
thank so much, and this not a joke, i only wish to play sega version of Vandal Hearts, I've play it on ps1 for years and years, only recently found out there was a sega version!

thank so much, and this not a joke, i only wish to play sega version of Vandal Hearts, I've play it on ps1 for years and years, only recently found out there was a sega version!
Okay, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS (UNDENIABLE)

What is the best soundtrack of all time? While I'm not well-versed in music theory, here is a...
Read more

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back