• Publisher Geibunsha
  • First issue May, 1995
  • Final issue Dec, 2000
  • Number 168
  • Country Japan
  • Based in Tokyo
  • Language Japanese
A backup of issues 1-67 can be found on the Archive:
https://archive.org/search?query=creator:"Geibunsha"+Neo+Geo+Freak&page=2&sort=title

The magazine was first published in May 1995. It was almost entirely composed of topics related to the Neo Geo and SNK (the former company). The publication lasted for five and a half years.

Along with Shinseisha's monthly magazine Gamest, it supported the popularity of the Neo Geo. However, with the decline of competitive fighting games becoming apparent, the magazine suspended publication with the release of the December issue in November 2000. At the time, SNK had become a subsidiary of Aruze, and just before the announcement of the suspension, they had declared a reduction in arcade game development, signaling the onset of a rapid management crisis. After the magazine's suspension, some of the strategy writers moved to Enterbrain and, along with former Gamest editors, contributed to the launch of the arcade game magazine Monthly Arcadia.

Later, starting from the March 2005 issue of Dorimaga (currently Gemaga), published by SoftBank Creative, a series called Neo Geo Freak was featured. However, this was unrelated to the original Neo Geo Freak magazine, except that it was a fan page for SNK Playmore (the successor to the intellectual property rights of SNK through a public auction), which later became the second-generation SNK.

Prior to the launch of Neo Geo Freak, SNK had also published 18 issues of a PR magazine called Neo Geo Club until 1994, and a series called Neo Geo Club Outpost was serialized in Mycom BASIC Magazine.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS (UNDENIABLE)

What is the best soundtrack of all time? While I'm not well-versed in music theory, here is a...
Read more

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back