Help Multi-disc games, HELP

Kaos7313

New Challenger
Reaction score
Ok so I have the CDI version of Shenmue 2 {English Dub Mod}. I use Lib-retro Flycast core through retroarc, how do I switch discs in the emulator?

I also have the same issue playing PS1 Multi-disc games with Duckstation, so same question as above.

Please help, I'm still a newb....

I think you mean GDI.

Pretty sure there's no CDI version of Shenmue 2. XD

Ok so I have the CDI version of Shenmue 2 {English Dub Mod}. I use Lib-retro Flycast core through retroarc, how do I switch discs in the emulator?

I also have the same issue playing PS1 Multi-disc games with Duckstation, so same question as above.

Are you using RetroArch? If so there's an option in the menu disc control>load new disc. Hope this helps

For multidisc games you should set up a .m3u playlist.
Create a text file named after the game, change the file extention from .txt to .m3u then put it in the same folder where you discs are.
You can edit .m3u files with Notepad. write the file path of each disc's .cue file in the .m3u, it should look something like this:
C:\RetroArch-Win64\PSX\Final Fantasy IX (USA)\Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 1) (Rev 1).cue
C:\RetroArch-Win64\PSX\Final Fantasy IX (USA)\Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 2) (Rev 1).cue
C:\RetroArch-Win64\PSX\Final Fantasy IX (USA)\Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 3) (Rev 1).cue
C:\RetroArch-Win64\PSX\Final Fantasy IX (USA)\Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 4) (Rev 1).cue

Now go into retroarch>playlists>import content>manual scan, specify the game's directory in "Content Directory", specify the console in "System Name" (obviously that's Sega - Dreamcast in your case) and write .m3u in "File Extentions". now click "start scan".
You should have a "Sega - Dreamcast" in your "playlists" in Retroarch with your multidisc game in it now.

To change discs while in game, press f1 to open the Quick Menu>Disc Control>Load New Disc, then select the .cue file of the disc you want.
If you set up your playlist as I said you can also change discs with a hotkey of your choice. Go to Setting>input>Hotkeys, there you will find "Next Disc", "Previous Disc" and "Disc Eject"

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back