Help Looks like my PS2 controller won't have rumble on PCSX2

Vebent

New Challenger
Reaction score
Basically I have the wrong USB device because it doesn't allow rumble. No drivers will work with it. The controllers work fine, but no rumble. It's a bit disappointing because I try to have a modern way of playing games while using older hardware. Basically using PCSX2 with a Dualshock 2 or Dolphin with a Gamecube controller. Stuff like that. So maybe I should be using my PS3 controller on PCSX2 instead. Either that or have no Rumble. That's too bad.

I think it is possible to pull off but setting it up is a pain in the ass.
I don't have a solution for this, back in the day it involved luck with the PS2 to USB adapter and then downloading some shady drivers, tinkering with the emulator and praying.

what? I'm using both xbox one X and also Xbox one S controllers,they still have rumble on games,like samurai warriors 2.Maybe updating PCSX2 or check your settings again

If you have a PS3 controller, you can use DsHidMini and set your controller to SXS (Sixaxis) mode to have full controller support on PCSX2, I don't know about other controllers but this seems to work just fine. PS4 controllers work similarly i think.

what? I'm using both xbox one X and also Xbox one S controllers,they still have rumble on games,like samurai warriors 2.Maybe updating PCSX2 or check your settings again
It's actually a problem with these USB/PS2 devices. Very few of them have rumble implemented in their drivers. I'm only bringing this up so other people are aware. And to put it out there, other USB devices that do have rumble actually works. It's only the USB to PS2 devices.

If you have a PS3 controller, you can use DsHidMini and set your controller to SXS (Sixaxis) mode to have full controller support on PCSX2, I don't know about other controllers but this seems to work just fine. PS4 controllers work similarly i think.
I have a Mayflash X that does a very good job of connecting all kinds of bluetooth controllers without having to mess around with drivers and programs.

I have a Mayflash X that does a very good job of connecting all kinds of bluetooth controllers without having to mess around with drivers and programs.
Oh, that sounds great. I would like to get my hands on something like that to properly emulate wii games.
Mario Galaxy 2 is a pain in the ass without a proper wiimote + nunchuk setup ::biggrin

So maybe I should be using my PS3 controller on PCSX2 instead. Either that or have no Rumble. That's too bad.
I would just stick to the ps3 controller, it's less hassle. And I really don't think it's that noticeable compared to a ps2 controller when it's in your hands.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back