Looking for spooky games for October that aren't overtly survival horror

Thefriman

New Challenger
Reaction score
Every October I like to play a horror themed game. The only problem is I don't really like the clunky controls and inventory management of a lot of survival horror games out there. What spooky games you you like to play to celebrate October?

My go to games for October have been FEAR and Luigi's Mansion, mainly Luigi's Mansion 2. More recently, a game that actually made me paranoid ( in the best way possible ) is Prey, either one works but im really talking about the 2017 reboot. Theres also Half Life: Paranoia, but thats a slight hassle to set up but short and sweet.

I don't really play games to celebrate October, but I could suggest Gauntlet: Dark Legacy or maybe Godzilla: Save the Earth, Godzilla: Unleashed, Voodoo Vince, Undead Knights, Death Jr. / Death Jr. 2 or maybe Dead Head Fred.

DOOM, Alien Trilogy and Alien Resurection on PS1.
Dementium 1 and 2, Nanashi no Geemu and Nanashi no Geemu Me on NDS.
Alien 3 on Genesis/Megadrive and SNES, Super Metroid.
Sweet Home on Famicom/NES.
Manhunt 2 on PSP.

Catherine has some creepy vibes. PC release is usually pretty cheap and runs well on PC. If you're alright with a visual novel, the duology of Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bad of milk and Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk are really unsettling dives into a broken psyche. Both are pretty short reads (30 min. for the first, 1-2 hours for the second).

Catherine (Steam)

Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk (Steam)

Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk (Steam)

Check out Brain Dead 13. It's on PlayStation, Saturn, CDO, CD-i and others by Ready Soft, the guys behind Dragon's Lair and Space Ace.
It's a movie game so you don't have to worry about gameplay.
Got that on the Mac. Feels like a Don Bluth game.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back