Comics I HATE WOLVERINE (and you should too)

Scoot Summers

New Challenger
Reaction score
Hi to everyone interested in this thread, I'm going to explain why Wolverine is an awful character.

HE BECAME APOCALYPSE (One of the most evil mutants)
That's right, this monster became Weapon Omega, a really sick and twisted mutant whose only objective was to kill and murder any other person, creating a kind of supremacy over mutant kind.

HE IS HOMOPHOBIC
In "Wolverine" #186, there’s a notable moment where Logan (Wolverine) interacts with Frank Castle (The Punisher). Logan's treatment of Frank suggests that he is less of a man by reducing him to a stereotype

HE KILLED HIS OWN CHILDREN
In "Wolverine" Vol. 4, issues #1-13, Logan battles against the Mongrels, a group comprised of his own children. (He also killed Daken, another of his kids.)
1727995810692.png

Desperately trying to be cool :/

Wolverine had one last good story arc in the comics and it was when he went feral. That was after he lost the adamantium on his skeleton. It flipped roles between him and Sabertooth. That was a neat twist.

Wolverine had one last good story arc in the comics and it was when he went feral. That was after he lost the adamantium on his skeleton. It flipped roles between him and Sabertooth. That was a neat twist.
The good Wolverine stories are always One-Offs apart from that his stories are kind of repetitive and writers struggle to give him a purpose.

The good Wolverine stories are always One-Offs apart from that his stories are kind of repetitive and writers struggle to give him a purpose.
you could say that about any character in X-Men. The thing about comics is they go on for decades and get passed around from writer to writer. Some good, some terrible. I hated when Jubilee got turned into a vampire.

you could say that about any character in X-Men. The thing about comics is they go on for decades and get passed around from writer to writer. Some good, some terrible. I hated when Jubilee got turned into a vampire.
Fair Point, but great characters undergo significant development in ensemble comic books, for example The Dark Phoenix Saga allowed the X-Men to evolve as a group. Wolverine as a character only works in solo narratives, with very few good group storylines.

Fair Point, but great characters undergo significant development in ensemble comic books, for example The Dark Phoenix Saga allowed the X-Men to evolve as a group. Wolverine as a character only works in solo narratives, with very few good group storylines.
All the best storylines happened between the 1970s and the 1990s.

All the best storylines happened between the 1970s and the 1990s.
You are WRONG!!!

Since the 2000s, there have been excellent X-Men stories, although the characters were underutilized for a period due to movie rights issues. However, the current comic book run is quite impressive.

You are WRONG!!!

Since the 2000s, there have been excellent X-Men stories, although the characters were underutilized for a period due to movie rights issues. However, the current comic book run is quite impressive.
Gotta disagree with you on that. The comic storylines peaked in the 90s. You had events that felt more connected to each other. It wasn't about killing everyone off over and over again.

I will agree with you that some of the X-Men comics are better now than they have been in the last few decades.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back