Hi there!👋🙂

CRTRebel

New Challenger
Reaction score
After reading the rules of good manners pertaining to this forum, I told myself I had better introduce me!🙂
Although I am now of a considerable age that I prefer to keep to my, I feel like an eternal boy, especially when, together with friends, I play the titles that were part of my childhood. But in the same order of ideas I love playing sports and keeping fit, I am also a great fan of movies and photography as well as literature.
I have lived in Italy for many years after working abroad for a long time.
Coming back to video games, among my favorite genres are Resident Evil or Silent Hill-like adventures, but I also have a soft spot for fighting games and action games. When I was young I loved role-playing games, but now that I have less time on my hands (in every sense of the word!😪) I prefer something more immediate.
I am not particularly attracted to current video games, apart from the Resident Evil and Tekken sagas precisely, so I often find myself discovering large and small masterpieces hitherto unknown to me for TurboGrafx-16, Super NES, Genesis and all other consoles.
On the other hand, as far as my absolute favorite platform is concerned, there is definitely in the first place the first PlayStation followed by the Dreamcast, which as we know was a console far ahead of its time.
Unquestionably, the 5th generation consoles, such as precisely the first PlayStation, the Saturn, and the Nintendo 64 marked a fundamental turning point in the way of understanding and playing video games themselves: before this era, games were still extremely archaic, but the biggest problem concerned a certain lack of creativity, since both the home market and arcade games were dominated by uninspired clones. However, I must not forget that these are what I grew up with, so I do not deny my past, far from it!

I was looking for a way to contact the CDromance site that I love and have been visiting for some time. So I happened upon this forum and here I am to make new friends and maybe some doubles at some video games!
Have a great weekend everyone, and most importantly have a great game!😃🎮❤️
Thanks for your attention!

Hello welcome!
Don't worry there's plenty of old people here hiding behind cute anime girls avatars.
I'm so sorry you had to live in Italy, people shouldn't be forced to endure such pain.
I too sadly lost my patience with the RPG genre...I don't remember know how I managed to play those games, I don't think I could do it again, maybe if I forced myself but I'm not into self harm yet. I got that dumb idea that if you are not having fun you shouldn't be playing the game. Some play games to finish them, I couldn't do it.
I also think the PlayStation was huge, looking back I wished I had nostalgia for the PS2 instead since the games are vastly superior, but my gaming days were in the PS1...I still played a ton of PS2 game son emulator and on PS3 but it's not the same s growing up with them IMO.
As much awesome as 5th Gen is there's tons of fun to be had with older games. Simpler games didn't have good graphics or music or story, they were just fun to play, the core of gaming! Some new games have everything else but they are just plain boring.

Thank you for your kind reply, and for sharing your experience. I fully agree with your thoughts when you talk about "self harm" about certain genres of games, especially rpg's. In all honesty, the ones I still consider replayable at my venerable age are the three FFs for the first Sony console, with a certain preference for the eighth installment, mainly due to its even darker atmosphere than the seventh. Incidentally, I noticed that both your avatar and nickname are a reference to a rather sexy character from FF VIII...🤤
On the other hand, as far as older games are concerned, you are right: they certainly represent the very essence of videogame entertainment. Although they have aged quite a bit from a purely graphical point of view, they are nowadays appreciated by many very young video gamers; an aspect that is extremely positive for the preservation of this art form, but also under a purely entertainment aspect.
Now I apologize for being long, but I love it when there is a mutual exchange concerning a common passion.
Thank you also for your support: fortunately, I do not live in the areas affected by the tremendous floods of these days, but of course we are all in the shoes of those poor inhabitants of the concerned areas by this umpteenth predictable catastrophe...

Connect with us

Latest Threads

THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS (UNDENIABLE)

What is the best soundtrack of all time? While I'm not well-versed in music theory, here is a...
Read more

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back