Have you ever felt hopeless or defeated in games?

DunkeyKong

Young Hero
Reaction score
Have you ever thought something like "what did I do wrong?" or "why am I not progressing?", because I had thought of that quite recently. In Metroid Fusion, there are tons of bosses, but none of them hit as hard as Nightmare. It really lived up to it's name because I don't know how and why is it so hard to defeat. What makes me hopeless is that I know how it moves, the patterns and timings, but somehow it always defeated me in the end. (I guess I just gotta call the Doomguy)
Doom Eternal GIF

In recent memories, Street Fighter 6 and Tekken 8 in Ranked had me feeling hopeless, worthless and other sort of negative feelings.

Have you ever thought something like "what did I do wrong?" or "why am I not progressing?", because I had thought of that quite recently. In Metroid Fusion, there are tons of bosses, but none of them hit as hard as Nightmare. It really lived up to it's name because I don't know how and why is it so hard to defeat. What makes me hopeless is that I know how it moves, the patterns and timings, but somehow it always defeated me in the end. (I guess I just gotta call the Doomguy)
If i stop playing any Souls game for a certain period of time, even if i was super good at them before, when i get to play it again i'm so SO bad that i get heavily frustrated. This is happening between me and Hollow Knight (i know its not a souls) currently.

If i stop playing any Souls game for a certain period of time, even if i was super good at them before, when i get to play it again i'm so SO bad that i get heavily frustrated. This is happening between me and Hollow Knight (i know its not a souls) currently.
That's that Dark Souls effect, I think Hollow Knight do count as a souls game
Just maybe...not as unforgiving

In recent memories, Street Fighter 6 and Tekken 8 in Ranked had me feeling hopeless, worthless and other sort of negative feelings.
haha Tekken is easy for a while and then all of a sudden its impossible and Jinpachi is juggling you all over the screen getting perfects making you feel like destroying another controller ><

and thats just Vs the computer, its even worse playing online against actual players who have dedicated their exitance to mastering the cheapest unblockable 10 hit combo's

i personally enjoy Tekken bowling mode.. its nice n chill 😮‍💨

Not really
But tbh those moments of weakness are what make me excited to come up with new strategic and all that

Souls-like games. Just can't fucking do it. Black Myth is the first game I've gotten any progress in. Part of it is that I just don't have the time it takes to dedicate to a game like that.

Souls-like games. Just can't fucking do it. Black Myth is the first game I've gotten any progress in. Part of it is that I just don't have the time it takes to dedicate to a game like that.
I feel you, but Wukong one gives you a bit of an advantage though (maybe that's just me)

any time i play puyo puyo tetris and a puyo level comes up. makes me sob as i get chain blasted to the shadow realm.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.