Halloween Time!

MajesticSiN

New Challenger
Reaction score
It's the season of spookiness and I want to know what are your go to games this season.
I'm always partial to the Splatterhouse games this season.
namco04.png

While I used to just boot up Splatterhouse(2010) since it has all the games to unlock, I find myself with a ps3 in storage and a laptop ready to be used.
I never really found the games to be scary or anything but its aesthetic really drew me in. I guess it could be considered more horror themed than horror I will always be reminded of it when Oct hits.
Another favorite since I found out about it was Kirby's Halloween Adventure. I suggest everyone give it a play if you haven't.
What is everyone else playing or planning to play this season? Any recommendations for something fun yet spooky?

This October is shaping up to be busy for me, so my gaming time is going to be limited, but I'd love to complete the NES version of Castlevania by Halloween. As I've mentioned previously, I'm trying to 1CC the game – I've never beaten it even with continues – and it's hard. I've only ever gotten to Drac's true form once, and even then I died almost immediately.

I can pretty comfortably clear the game up until the final level – I even have the rhythm of Death's boss battle down without using the holy water – but that level just kicks my rear end every single time, and the Dracula battle is there to drink up my remaining lives. I'm not dropping this game until I beat it, though, so if I'm able to finish that last stage, I'll reward myself with an extra piece of candy come All Hallows Eve. ☠️

I've been streaming Makimura series and spinoff games. I just finished the first pass of Super Ghouls N Ghosts this morning.

Hmm im really bad at survival horror games so stuff like Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Fatal Frame are all halloween-ish games I'd play if I were good at them.

I kinda like playing Castlevania games during Halloween or even Devil May Cry specifically 3. Kinda feels halloween-y. Also the Disgaea Series feels VERY halloween core to me.

Definitely! I highly recommend playing Disgaea 3 or 4. They are the most halloween-cored in my opinion.
1727896468850.png

I really wish Disgaea 3 was ported, the whole series gives off halloween vibes but I do agree 3 and 4 give it the most.

Also been looking for some halloween themed games, next on the list is Parasite Eve which i just started, also: Alone in the dark, mizzurna falls, mother, sweet home, metroid(fds) and the first persona game. wish me luck...

Also been looking for some halloween themed games, next on the list is Parasite Eve which i just started, also: Alone in the dark, mizzurna falls, mother, sweet home, metroid(fds) and the first persona game. wish me luck...
Funny, I'm actually going to watch Sweet Home tonight, lol.
The LaserDisc rip is on archive.org (y)

Here are a few of my Halloween game suggestions... (in no particular order)

Typing of the Dead : Overkill (aka "House of the Dead Overkill)
Lollipop Chainsaw
Haunting Ground (PS2)
Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver/Defience etc
Castlevania IV / Symphony / Rondo / Bloodlines
Ghost Sweeper Mikami
Silent Hill franchise
Zombies ate my neighbors
Shadow hearts
Resident evil franchise
Alice / Madness returns
Luigi's mansion
Medieval ps1
Fatal Frame franchise
Puppeteer PS3
Dantes Inferno
Splatterhouse franchise
Nightmare Creatures /2
Batman Arkham
Alone in the dark franchise
VTM: Bloodlines
Clock Tower series
bloodrayne/2 - terminal cut
Eternal Darkness - gamecube
Blood (oldschool fps)
Darkstalkers
Monster High: New Ghoul in School (sorry, I know it's not a great game, but it's sooo halloween-y)
A Vampyre Story
Far Cry 5 : Zombies DLC
Rule of Rose
Clive Barker's Undying

I could go on, but that's enough for now. lol

Last edited:

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back