Games You Finished in 2024

BinaryMessiah

New Challenger
Writers Guild
Reaction score
With this being a new forum, the first thing that came to mind was E-mpire and Game Revolution for YEARS would do a traditional "Games you Finished This Year" thread as a competition. Just something fun. You keep the list kind of short and sweet. Post the title and platform. You can add "Hours to Finish" if you want or a short summary of a review that's a few lines. This was also something for people to browse through for games to play. Discussions are allowed too! It's not super strict with "lists only" or anything.

On December 31st (would be the local time of myself since I created the thread) at 11:59 (or as close as I can get it), I would tally up and rank the winners. There's no prize! It's just a fun thing to do and is something regular you can always post to the forum. I would then start next year's thread. If your list gets too long, you can link to posts such as Games 1-20 with a link, etc. Hopefully, it catches on, and if everyone thinks it's a dumb idea, the mods can delete this thread, lol.

I started this in 2005, and it was such a fun tradition that I kept a Google Doc long after those forums died just for myself. I will post mine for the year so far. Obviously, not everyone keeps track of what they completed, so going back 9 months may not be super accurate, but that's okay! This also pushed me to finish games I normally wouldn't and has worked to this day (by keeping track).

Rules:
1. You must have made it to the credits or the game's equivalent. For games that have an "endless mode," you just need to beat the story. For fighting games, you can get through a single character's story mode to count, for example. Online games like Fortnite wouldn't count or any "endless" game with no real ending.
2. The list must be organized in some way to make counting easier and must be numbered.
4. No limits on systems, age, or genre. Even if you beat a Tiger Electronics game, it counts!
5. Have fun!

1. House Flipper 2 (PC) - Score: 8.5/10
  2. Dead to Rights: Reckoning (PSP) - Score: 3/10
  3. Home Safety Hotline (PC) - Score: 7/10
  4. CounterSpy (Vita) - Score: 6.5/10
  5. Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition (Vita) Score: 6/10
  6. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (DS) - Score: 6/10
  7. Milk outside of a bag of milk outside of a bag of milk (PC) - Score: 7/10
  8. Ad Infinitum (PC) - Score: 6/10
  9. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (DS) - Score: 8/10
  10. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (3DS) - Score: 6/10
  11. Rhythm Heaven Megamix (3DS) - Score: 7/10
  12. Dementium Remastered (3DS) - Score: 5/10
  13. Alan Wake II (PC) - Score: 9/10
  14. Beyond Shadowgate (TG16) - Score: 6/10
  15. There is No Game: Wrong Dimension (AND) - Score: 8/10
  16. Lost in Play (AND) - Score: 7/10
  17. Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PC) - Score: 8.5/10
  18. Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden (PC) - Score: 8/10
  19. Isolomus (PC) - Score: 8/10
  20. Hylics (PC) - Score: 8/10
  21. Dark Seed II (PC) - Score: 6/10
  22. I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream (PC) - Score: 5/10
  23. The Dream Machine (PC) - Score: 7/10
  24. Alan Wake II: Night Springs (PC) - Score: 8/10
  25. I live under your house (PC) - Score: 6/10
  26. Indika (PC) - Score: 8/10
  27. 1000xResist (PC) - Score: 7/10
  28. Hollow Cocoon (PC) - Score: 6/10
  29. Still Wakes the Deep (PC) - Score: 7.5/10
  30. Ao Oni (PC) - Score: 5.5/10
  31. The Bridge Curse: Road to Salvation (PC) - Score: 5/10
  32. Mouthole (PC) - Score: 7/10
  33. Voyager-19 (PC) - Score: 6/10
  34. Mediterranea Inferno (PC) - Score: 4/10
  35. Myst (2020) (PC) - Score: Score: 7/10
  36. The Enigma Machine (PC) - Score: Score: 6/10
  37. Stories Untold (PC) - Score: 7.5/10
  38. Heart of Darkness (PSX) - Score: 6/10
  39. Streets of Rage (GEN) - Score: 6/10
  40. Parasite Eve II (PSX) - Score: 7.5/10
  41. The X-Files: Resist or Serve (PS2) - Score: 5/10
  42. Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (PS2) - Score: 6/10
  43. Hypnagogia: Boundless Dreams (PC) - Score: 6.5/10
  44. Clock Tower (SNES) - Score: 5.5/10
  45. Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone (Xbox) - Score: 5/10
  46. Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) - Score: 6/10
  47. Silent Hill 2 (PC) - Score: 8.5/10
  48. DreadOut (PC) - Score: 5/10
  49. DreadOut: Keepers of the Dark (PC) - Score: 5.5/10
  50. DreadOut 2 (PS5) - Score: 6/10

Rather than continuing to repost this with the same long list, in my next update, I will link to this post and start 51 by itself so it doesn't take up a lot of room. That's my example above from what I've finished this year so far.

Anyways, I hope this takes off and everyone has fun!

Bro you made me start questioning my memory.Im turning to a gold fish
But here goes at least what I can remember in this year that is
  1. Nier Replicant (PC) - Score 8/10
  2. Nier Automata (PC)- Score 9/10
  3. FF7 Remake (PC)-Score 10/10
  4. Fire Emblem three houses (Switch) -Score 8.5/10
  5. LoH:Trails in the sky FC (PSP) - Score 9/10
  6. Mafia 2 (PC) -Score 9/10
  7. Omori(PC)-Score 8/10
  8. Caligula effect 2(PC) - Score 8.5/10
Maybe that's it ?
I'm not sure

Bro you made me start questioning my memory.Im turning to a gold fish
But here goes at least what I can remember in this year that is
  1. Nier Replicant (PC) - Score 8/10
  2. Nier Automata (PC)- Score 9/10
  3. FF7 Remake (PC)-Score 10/10
  4. Fire Emblem three houses (Switch) -Score 8.5/10
  5. LoH:Trails in the sky FC (PSP) - Score 9/10
  6. Mafia 2 (PC) -Score 9/10
  7. Omori(PC)-Score 8/10
  8. Caligula effect 2(PC) - Score 8.5/10
Maybe that's it ?
I'm not sure
Man, I gotta finish Nier. I'm halfway through and have had it installed since launch. I don't know why I can't finish it.

On PC, in 2024 :
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 (2.0) - 9/10
  2. The Invincible - 9/10
  3. TUNIC - 9/10
  4. SOMA - 9/10
  5. BLACKTAIL - 8.5/10
  6. Still Wakes the Deep - 8.5/10
  7. A Plague Tale: Requiem - 8.5/10
  8. A Plague Tale: Innocence - 8/10
  9. Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut - 8/10
  10. Kena: Bridge of Spirits - 8/10
  11. Pacific Drive - 8/10
  12. Ghostwire Tokyo - 8/10
  13. Evil West - 7/10
  14. Chernobylite - 7/10
  15. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - 6.5/10
  16. Hogwarts Legacy - 6/10
  17. Alone in the Dark (2024 - both sides are equally mediocre) - 6/10
  18. Aliens: Fireteam Elite (solo with modded bots) - 6/10
  19. Layers of Fear - 5/10
Since in the past couple years I have really limited time to play anything, a lot of games I didn't bother to finish. Most would be rated less than 5.0 anyway. On console I played a ton of games, but really couldn't make a list. Perhaps next year.

Oh my god, some of you people finish a lot of games, and it's not even October, yet! Unless I'm forgetting anything, these are the only games I've managed to complete in 2024 (SO FAR!!!!). They're not listed chronologically, because I can't remember the order. :cry:
  1. Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (Vita) – 9/10
  2. Deception III: Dark Delusions (PS1) – 5/10
  3. Toejam & Earl (MD) – 8/10
  4. Sonic the Hedgehog (MD) – 10/10
  5. Castle Quest (GB) – 8/10
  6. Queen's Blade: Spiral Chaos (PSP) – 9/10
  7. Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law (PSP) – 7/10
  8. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PS4) – 6/10
...and that's it, I think! Of these games, I'd only beaten Sonic and Project Diva before. The fact that none of these games is less than 8 years old should help you understand my current thoughts on the industry.

1. Hexyz Force (PSP) - 8/10
  2. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PSX) - 7/10
  3. Secret of Mana (SNES) - 8/10
  4. Samurai Western (PS2) - 6/10
  5. The Getaway (PS2) - 5/10
  6. FlatOut 2 (PC) - 8/10
  7. Wanted: Dead (PC) - 7/10
  8. Cuphead (PC) - 7/10
  9. The Messenger (PC) - 5/10
  10. Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PC) - 9/10
  11. Dark Souls Remastered (PC) - 9/10

I'm sure this isn't everything but didn't play much singleplayer games this year.

Oh my god, some of you people finish a lot of games, and it's not even October, yet! Unless I'm forgetting anything, these are the only games I've managed to complete in 2024 (SO FAR!!!!). They're not listed chronologically, because I can't remember the order. :cry:
  1. Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (Vita) – 9/10
  2. Deception III: Dark Delusions (PS1) – 5/10
  3. Toejam & Earl (MD) – 8/10
  4. Sonic the Hedgehog (MD) – 10/10
  5. Castle Quest (GB) – 8/10
  6. Queen's Blade: Spiral Chaos (PSP) – 9/10
  7. Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law (PSP) – 7/10
  8. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PS4) – 6/10
...and that's it, I think! Of these games, I'd only beaten Sonic and Project Diva before. The fact that none of these games is less than 8 years old should help you understand my current thoughts on the industry.

Some games on my list were started in 2023, to be fair. I only took into account the date I finished them.

Most of this is gonna be games that came out in 2024 and stuff from my steam backlog which I been spending a lot of time tackling, I do a poor job keeping track of the retro/emulated games I play through but will try to recall as many as I can.
  1. Atelier Ryza (PC) - 6/10
  2. Atelier Ryza 2 (PC) - 7/10
  3. Persona 5 Royal (PC) - 4/10
  4. Disgaea 4 Complete (PC) - 8/10
  5. Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen (PC) - 9/10
  6. Cyberpunk 2077 (PC) - 8/10
  7. Nier Replicant (PC) - 8/10
  8. Tales of Berseria (PC) - 5/10
  9. Sifu (PC) - 8/10
  10. Hi-Fi Rush (PC) - 9/10
  11. Xenogears (PS1) - 10/10
  12. Sengoku Basara 2 (PS2) - 8/10
  13. Granblue Fantasy Relink (PS5) - 9/10
  14. Persona 3 Reload (PS5) - 9/10
  15. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (PS5) - 9/10
I wouldn't take these scores too seriously, I usually wont finish a game that I don't like so everything is mostly just relative to each other rather than me trying to measure a games quality. Overall I like all the games I beat this year. Oh and a lot of the games from 1-9 had saves that I started a long time ago so it was mostly just me going out of my way to clean up shop and beat them.

Recently I've completed all the games in the Half-life series that aren't VR.

1- Half-life. I had finished it before and this time played with the M-Mod. It's still much the same game with a few changes to encounters and weapons. Still a great game.

2- Half-life 2. First time. Awesome game and runs great on any system. It stands out how modern it still looks [for people who don't play modern games like me 😝].

3- HL2 Episode 1. So you spend most of HL2 on City 17 and episode 1 trying to escape it. Please just let me go. BS final fight.

4- HL2 Episode 2. Finally a forest area with Source graphics. I would've stayed here longer if I could. They forced me underground quickly after this started. What a tease! But once I was back up it was so fun.

5- Black Mesa. A remake of Half-life made by fans. The game was finally completed in 2020 after 15 years. It's probably one of the best fan games ever. If you're going to be an arse about low-poly 3D, you can experience Half-life through this.

6- Quake. I'm always playing this game and new mods for it. This was a decent year for custom content.

1- Half-life. I had finished it before and this time played with the M-Mod. It's still much the same game with a few changes to encounters and weapons. Still a great game.
I hope this includes Blue Shift and Opposing Force, sonny! Otherwise, you’ve still got a long way to go! 😉 (And if you haven’t, you really should! They’re both excellent expansions that turn a fantastic game into an even better one, and give you some very cool insight into the Half-Life universe beyond the main games.)

Actually it didn't include those. I'll give them a go. I was planning on playing Black Mesa's Blue Shift version when it's ready.

5- Black Mesa. A remake of Half-life made by fans. The game was finally completed in 2020 after 15 years. It's probably one of the best fan games ever. If you're going to be an arse about low-poly 3D, you can experience Half-life through this.

It sucks that Xen took so long to make, but it's so different from the rest of the game; all new assets needed to be created. It's great that Valve let them profit off of the game, and it's considered the official remake of the game now. Did you play Half-Life 2: Update? That's the latest version of HL2 with the latest version of Source. It's the "HD Remaster" if you will. My next HL2 playthrough will be with this version.

Did you play Half-Life 2: Update? That's the latest version of HL2 with the latest version of Source. It's the "HD Remaster" if you will. My next HL2 playthrough will be with this version.
I have, yes. It isn't actually the latest version of Source, because it's from 2012 or so. Valve has actually updated Half-life 2 after Update came out, but lighting is still broken in some areas unless you're using HDR. You can update HL2: Update to the latest version of Source though and get some fixes. Look into the PC Gaming Wiki page for links. Gamebanana has an installer to do that.

Last edited:
i finished these, by now:

1727888922805.png

Baroque, Final Fantasy VIII and specially Shadow of Memories/Destiny were my favourit. I don't know if you guys watched a movie called The Room, super silly and all that... Shadow of Memories could be a "video games version" of that experience. I laughed so hard many many times :p

Also, i hated ffviii combat, but i really loved the story! possibly my favorite now, or at least ultimecia is my favourite villain and the ending ohhhhh the ending

Baroque, Final Fantasy VIII and specially Shadow of Memories/Destiny were my favourit. I don't know if you guys watched a movie called The Room, super silly and all that... Shadow of Memories could be a "video games version" of that experience. I laughed so hard many many times :p

Also, i hated ffviii combat, but i really loved the story! possibly my favorite now, or at least ultimecia is my favourite villain and the ending ohhhhh the ending
Oh nice, I really wanna play Baroque, nice to see a handful of people on this forum enjoy FF8.

I hate how the level scaling works and drawing magic but everything else about the game to its story, exploration and set pieces are all just so much fun.

Didn't liked it? Why :(
However, you've got such good entries. I'm happy you appreciated Sengoku Basara. It's my favorite musou game.
Wasnt a fan of the pacing sadly, I dont think its a bad game but Royal specifically had me force myself to beat the game, also was waaay too easy on the default difficulty. I still think its worth playing for anyone who likes P3 and 4!

Also I loooooooove Sengoku Basara im excited to play 3 and 4 soon, very recently got into the series and just enjoy every aspect of it.

Oh nice, I really wanna play Baroque
Seriously, give it a chance!

If you like that sad creepy vibe of the ending of certain 90's animes as berserk or evangelion, or even serial experiments lain, that aesthetic and tone, baroque is a full plate. Just don't forget that its a dungeon crawler that wants you to suffer discovering alone some vital informations to progressing, through repetition. "I'm paying for my sins in hell" and all that, so repeat, repeat, repeat... I normally don't have much patience so a guide helped me a lot when i got really stuck.

1727910494469.png

I finished Laid-Back Camp - Virtual - Lake Motosu, K-On! After School Live!!, planetarian, Nekopara Volume 1, Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure, Boku no Natsuyasumi 2, Jersey Devil, Kao the Kangaroo (NIntendo Switch), Starfy, Mort the Chicken and a few others.

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

No members online now.