GameCenter CX

TrepieGroupie#1

Administrator
Staff member
CDR Curator
Ko-Fi Supporter
Reaction score
arino.jpg

For those who don’t know, GameCenter CX is a Japanese TV show that’s been running since 2003, and it’s pretty much a must-watch for anyone who loves retro games. The show stars comedian Shinya Arino, who takes on the role of "Kachō" (Chief) of the fictional GameCenter CX company. His main task? To play and (hopefully) beat some of the hardest and most iconic games from the '80s and '90s.

The charm of the show is how relatable Arino is. He’s not some pro gamer blowing through levels with ease. He struggles, makes mistakes, and often gets stuck, just like we all did back in the day. Watching him grind through titles like Super Mario Bros., Mega Man, and Castlevania is like reliving those moments when we were kids trying to figure out how to beat these brutally difficult games.

It’s not just about the gameplay, though. The show also takes a deep dive into retro gaming culture. Arino goes on field trips to old arcades, checks out vintage game shops, and even interviews game developers from back in the day. It’s a real nostalgia trip for anyone who grew up during the golden age of gaming.

Episodes often run long, but there’s something really satisfying about watching Arino inch closer to victory after countless failed attempts. If you love retro games or just want to see someone fight through the same tough challenges you did as a kid, GameCenter CX is worth checking out.

Also, there are English fan subs out there, so don’t let the language barrier stop you!

GameCenter CX is so good. I haven't watched too many episodes but my favorite moment has to be in the Ninja Gaiden NES episode where he has some guy stand in front of the window to block the sunlight. The guy just stands there embracing the blinding light directly to the face so Arino can progress. Truly a hero.

Attachments

• GameCenterCX.png
    GameCenterCX.png
    662.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I absolutely fell in love with this show many years ago after I first saw this picture and wondered where it came from
590.png

I definitely prefer the earlier seasons where they stuck closer to vintage Japanese titles and there was less branching out but I still watch it from time to time. I don't know if I have a favorite episode but there's a few I really enjoyed like the Densha de Go! stuff.

I am a huge fan of this show and have been watching for over 10 years now.
I always try to keep with with new subs when I can

I love GCCX! My favorite memory of the show was when I watched his birthday special when he played Pilotwings SNES live. You could send him fax to cheer him on, and I could see that they received my fax and even put it on the wall. It was such a small but fun thing for me.

My favorite episodes are probably when he play simulations or puzzle games. The Tokimeki memorial episode is easily a top 10 episode.

I love GCCX! My favorite memory of the show was when I watched his birthday special when he played Pilotwings SNES live. You could send him fax to cheer him on, and I could see that they received my fax and even put it on the wall. It was such a small but fun thing for me.

My favorite episodes are probably when he play simulations or puzzle games. The Tokimeki memorial episode is easily a top 10 episode.
I can tell you really love the show but I can't quite place my finger as to why... ::biggrin

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back