Game endings that made you cry really hard

Kyyo

New Challenger
Writers Guild
Reaction score
I'll go with KH2's ending. But actually I'm a person that can cry really easily playing games. I also cried on Dark Souls 3's last bossfight, mainly because of the music. Is there any game that hit you so hard that made you cry rivers?

Xenoblade Chronicles 2's ending is probably the most I've ever wiped tears and snot off my face over a piece of fiction.
Fatal Frame II also got me pretty good, BUT it didn't make me cry when I finished it. Instead, that game left me distraught for like a full week and I had several moments where I'd tear up thinking about it.

I have now 4 different memories of me crying hard at endings:

A cry of anger on the end of The Last of Us. Joel you selfish mother fucker. But you were right, i understand.

The Last Guardian, from Ueda. I expected this game for many many years, and i created a tremendous bond with Trico. I couldn't stand how much i saw that creature fighting for me on the end. I miss him so much now.

Kingdom Hearts 2 too, of course. I was a kid, and Roxas story hit me a lot. I got disappointed, tho, with everything that came after the second game. :/

And Kentucky Route Zero, that speaks a lot about late capitalism. I can't say much without needing to write a fucking long essay about it, actually. For short, it gave me some hope.

NTscyBh.gif

I'll go with KH2's ending. But actually I'm a person that can cry really easily playing games. I also cried on Dark Souls 3's last bossfight, mainly because of the music. Is there any game that hit you so hard that made you cry rivers?
Final Fantasy IX is my favourite FF and I love Its ending, expecially with Melodies of Life to cap it off. I don't really care about stories in games like I used to years ago and I always say that i hate slow cutscene-heavy games that put story before gameplay, but IX is an exeption, I love that game and what it stands for, as the grand finale to the Final Fantasy series.
Garnet (white mage).jpg

Also, as much as I don't like modern Persona, 3 and 5 (royal) have great endings
image_proxy.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles 2's ending is probably the most I've ever wiped tears and snot off my face over a piece of fiction.
While the Xenoblade games aro not among my favourites, I really liked 2.

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid 4 was the greatest send-off ever. The entire final cinematic sequences were full of emotional moments where we got closure on some events while others kinda stringed us along a bit further. One of the few moments a video game made me shed a few tears. While MGSV was awesome, it did not have the same impact on me.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was the greatest send-off ever. The entire final cinematic sequences were full of emotional moments where we got closure on some events while others kinda stringed us along a bit further. One of the few moments a video game made me shed a few tears. While MGSV was awesome, it did not have the same impact on me.
The one ending scene in MGS4 where snake kneels down next to the gravestone and proceeds to put a gun in his mouth, is shot really well. Part of me wishes it really did end that way since it was done so good

The one ending scene in MGS4 where snake kneels down next to the gravestone and proceeds to put a gun in his mouth, is shot really well. Part of me wishes it really did end that way since it was done so good
When the real big boss shows up and forced them to hug together. 😭

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast
Back