Festive Games? Halloween?

RobotPS2

New Challenger
Reaction score
Write any (preferably fun) PC, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, GameCube, N64, etc. games that have a Christmas atmosphere, Halloween, Easter, etc.
with a reason why if you can. Game mods can count too.
Even if you never played it, just based on screenshots/gameplay.
I just know someone will post a game that has no Santa, no decorations,
no Chrsitmas tree
and zero snow and say it's Christmasy. ::smirk1
ace attorney power GIF by Funimation

But post it anyway if you believe in it. ::winnie

It's hard to find even just single levels.
I usually don't find snowboarding games to feel Christmasy, it feels more like sports.
Christmas Shopper Simulator 1 and 2 on PC?

I know there were some 2D Christmas games on the NES (santa in the name I think).
It's easier finding actual Christmas flash games (look up Flashpoint Archive)
than on consoles.
Thought it would be an easy cash grab idea for companies but many didn't even try.

Mr Krabs Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Trick Or Treat Halloween GIF by Cartoon Network

Halloween:

-The Castleween PS2 game looks like it has a good halloween atmosphere.

-This PC port (apparently of a cancelled PS1 game) of Courage The Cowardly Dog has the eerie halloween atmosphere
but last I checked was very incomplete: neithernathan.itch.io/courage-the-video-game

-Chicken Run (PS1) first level....maybe (spooky atmosphere).

-Zombie Virus (or "The Zombie vs. Kyuukyuusha" for the Japanese version) on PS2.

-I've heard one of the Kingdom Hearts games has an area called Halloween Town,
and Candy Cane Lane (the latter looks Christmasy).

-Batman Arkham Asylum (at least the Scarecrow Nightmare challenge DLC)
If you don't know what I mean: youtube.com/watch?v=G7GqyC8C218

-Chinatown map from Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 1? It's a night map with glowing lanterns,
might be cool on Halloween.
There might also be some custom maps designed more specifically for a Halloween or Christmas look.

-40 Winks (PS1)

-Need For Speed Underground 2 ...maybe. It has night maps with a lot of glow in places, might be a decent racer on Halloween.
Maybe also the night maps in the Juiced PS2 games.
Need For Speed World (it shut down, but there's still an offline version you can download) had a halloween event, with pumpkins.

-Casper games (but I think they generally had bad reviews).

-The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy PS2.

-Harry Potter (PS1) had a certain spooky candle lighting about it (and spooky sounds), inside Hogwarts.

Maybe for Easter: the Spyro games. I don't remember many bunnies but there were dragon eggs
(also the art style).

dragon playstation GIF

Last edited:
Halloween:

Banjo-Kazooie's Mad Monster Mansion
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge's Creepy Corridor and Haunted Halls level and Monster Manor
Gauntlet games
Crash Tag Team Racing's Evilocity
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled's Nina's Nightmare racetrack
Conker's Bad Fur Day - the Spooky chapter
Pokemon Sun's Thrifty Mega Mart
Pokemon Solar Light & Lunar Dark's Blackleaf Woods Haunted House, Goopool Swamp Spooky Cabin
Pokemon Uranium's Anthell
Cartoon Network Speedway's Scary Speedway racetrack
Earthbound - Threed, Happy Happy Village, Onett, (During Attack), Stonehenge Base, Cave of the Past and The Devil's Machine
Earthbound Halloween Hack
Mother 3's Osohe Castle, Chimera Lab
SpongeBob Square Pants: Battle for Bikini Bottom's Flying Dutchman's Graveyard and Rock Bottom
Spyro Reignited Trilogy's Haunted Towers, Metalhead boss level
Spyro 2: Season of Flame's Haunted Hills
Donkey Kong 64's Creepy Castle
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker's Creepy Cabana
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask's Ikana Canyon/Graveyard, Ocean Side Spider House
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's Kakariko Village Graveyard, Shadow Temple
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's Ancient Cistern Underground and Batreaux's House
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap's Royal Valley
Super Mario 64's Boo's Big Haunt
Super Spooky 64

Christmas:

Banjo-Kazooie's Freezeezy Peak
Banjo-Kazooie Snowglow Village (mod level)
Earthbound Holiday Hex (hack)
Bully: Scholarship Edition during the Winter chapter

And I don't really know of any games that have Easter in it, other then Animal Crossing.

Costume Quest(PS3/360/PC). I recall it taking place on Halloween, while the kids are trick or treating. Changing costumes is like the job system in Final Fantasy.

Elf Bowling. lol :D Actually there's games with Christmas stuff in them like Banjo Kazooie's Freezeasy Peak and some of Diddy Kong Racing's tracks. NiGHTS into Dreams has Christmas NiGHTS. You can play it on Steam if you don't have a Sega Saturn or emulate it. There's a Christmas hack of Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal? (not sure which one) but it's very surface level with just a coating of snow everywhere, the water is frozen over allowing you to slide everywhere, snow replaces plants you need to cut, and the text and story changed a little to give it a Christmas theme. There is also that Santa game on Sega Genesis. Daze Before Christmas it's called I think?

Wendy-EWW_coverart.jpg

Wendy_Every_Witch_Way_gameplay.gif
images

I played through Wendy Every Witch Way in about 2 hours earlier this month, a very fun little game made by Wayforward. If you've ever played Metal Storm on NES with the gravity swapping, imagine a more chill, kid-friendly version of that. I really liked the art and music, and it moved along at a brisk pace.

Wendy-EWW_coverart.jpg

Wendy_Every_Witch_Way_gameplay.gif
images

I played through Wendy Every Witch Way in about 2 hours earlier this month, a very fun little game made by Wayforward. If you've ever played Metal Storm on NES with the gravity swapping, imagine a more chill, kid-friendly version of that. I really liked the art and music, and it moved along at a brisk pace.
It was by the same people who made Shantae too. :)

Last edited:

Connect with us

Latest Threads

Your Fanarts

Well, recently i went nuts researching about the world of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus to...
Read more

Hi

Checking out the forums, what's up
Read more

HELLO :D

o/

im new here :D
uhhh diggin the new forum'
i used to hang out on the isozones forums all...
Read more

MegaDrive RPG Favorites

I know that SNES is known for having the lion's share of classic RPG titles, but I think the MD...
Read more

Anyone here play deadlock?

I really want to find a group of people to play this MOBA with, if you want an invite too...
Read more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCast

Members online

Back